PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Tues 28th Oct 08

Options
Hi, this is the OS Daily thread for Tues 28th October . It is an 'over the garden fence' type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!
When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “Hi everyone, hope you are all well” type start does just as well.

Morning. This clock go back thing is going to take a while to get used to.

Last day at work today and then a few days off.... Busy day ahead though.

It's certainly cold out there, even down this way it has dropped to 4-5c, so we are biting in to our stock of oil now. At least prices are lower, so a refill won't feel quite so bad when it comes.

Went to ASDA last night, despite their claim that they are cheaper on 300000 items over Tesco, there were some awful price hikes!!! Mince was £1 last week, the same mince this week £2.20. Reduced bread, from £1 to 70p, well that's still too much for stale bread. There were other things too, that I just don't buy anymore.

Top deal of the day though 500g pack of Italian coffee for only 50p! I have had this before and it's great. It's in a green vacumn pack... I have several of course.

Well best feed the hens and get ready for work. I need to go in early as a colleague needs a chat about something.... Best do it before the hoards arrive.

Cheers folks. Have a nice day and get some coffee
NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!

Comments

• Icewytch
    Icewytch Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, hope it`s a great day for all! :)
    Today I`m 47...eek! :eek: :D
    But it isn`t all bad, my man is taking me out for dinner tonight to the islands vegetarian restaraunt for a birthday meal. :)
    Aside from that, it`ll be work as usual...got a pile of sheepskins to string onto frames for working to softness and drying.
    Got to find something for lunch, not sure what yet though.
    Then gonna have a long, hot soak in a scented bath with some soothing music playing
    (a `don`t try this at home` alert now....I use an extension lead and plug my mp3 player into speakers..yes, I know, I know...:P)
    and I`m sitting waiting for the promised Force 10 storm we are due. And hoping it bypasses us. :)
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday Icewytch - have a great day!
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :wave:

:bdaycake: Icewytch, the nice bath sounds good, have a good day

The weather forecast says snow in places today :eek: Good luck anyone in Northern Scotland

N9eav, I have to go to Asda today, so will look out for the coffee, thanks for the tip. I making a list of what I need so that I don't come out with a trolley full :rolleyes:

I think lunch will be soup and some crusty bread, and haven't decided about dinner yet - might get some inspiration while I'm shopping.

Going out with Charlie now, and it is pouring with rain, so will catch you all later x
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All

Very frosty here in Essex. Going to check forcast in a min but if not too many showers forcast will be off to the Zoo - will wrap up very warm.

Taking some snacks and drinks. If we stay there sometime will get some chips later to warm us up.

Just doing a couple of urgent things in the office then will jump in the shower.

Have a great day.
    x
  • natzini
    natzini Posts: 561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone....
    Happy birthday Icewytch! Hope you have a nice day!

I'm back for a while, work is hectic. Thankfully it's half term so I can attempt to get back on track again. Almost there. Shower and water heater being fixed today, car is having an MOT and service tomorrow. Putting a few things up for sale today too-trying to get a lot of stuff shifted! So I'm very busy. Also taking a trip up to see my parents, and have some training to do in London. No rest for the wicked!!

Lunch is soup-fruit for snacks and to munch on after lunch.

Hope you are all well, hope to catch up with you all sometime, and hi to the newbies :)

Un sou est un sou
  • Hardup_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Woo Hoo, good news JackieO, you are an inspiration.
    Congrats to Churchmouse on the new DGD.
    Happy B'day Icewytch.
    Sybil, hope you have a better day today & everything goes ok with the HV.
    I'm almost afraid to make plans today as every time I do something changes them all. I might go to Lidl's/Tesco, I might vacuum the floors. I did manage to defrost my freezer yesterday, well I turned it off, covered the floor with towels & then went to get the roofing supplies for BIL1, by the time I got home the floor was awash & the freezer defrosted nicely, lol.
    It looks like I may have another lodger, maybe just short term, a supply teacher from the 4th of Oct.
    Katy is returning to the UK, but it looks as though she will be teaching in Essex, so will not want to stay with me as it is too far to commute.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good frosty morning to all! Very cold here and a layer of frost on the shed roof. Don't know whether it's cold enough to dig my long coat out yet. It's bright and sunny, though, so can't grumble. I just hate having to put the heating on in the morning especially when DH thinks it's fine to leave the front door open when he's loading the car! He's had a severe telling-off this morning.

Happy Birthday to Icywitch - have a great day.

Wannabe - good luck with the health visitor today.

Dinner tonight is mince with onions, new pots, gravy and whatever veg I can find, followed by Iceland Cornettos (6 for £1 at the moment and very nice).

The new Wednesday market which started two weeks ago in our village has been a great success so far according to the local paper so we think it will continue - lots of bargains and a farm shop with good prices so just what the village needs. I shall visit it tomorrow. Our new Woollies opens on Thursday so I shall call in and spend my High Street vouchers in there.

Anyway, DH removed the spider from the bath before he went so I can go and have my shower now.

See you later.

(((Hugs))) to all in need.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Can anyone point me in the direction of a recipe for mince within a baked potato which was posted, I think, on a Daily Thread some time back?

Thanks!
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Good morning :beer: Frosty here, and I'm full of cold, so I think I'll postpone my run :o DD is off to see an old friend (they were together at primary school, then the friend moved away about 20miles). She and another friend are getting lift there, and they're coming back on the bus (I need to collect them from the next town).

DS has asked if he can bake, so we'll be making apple braid, apple pie (loads of apples in the garden :p ). I've offered them pancakes for breakfast; DS and I will have omelette for lunch; salmon and smoked haddock pie, with squid rings and HG veg for supper.

Somehow, the children completely forgot to hoover and dust round yesterday (while I was at w***) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so I have that to do today.

Happy Birthday Icewytch :beer:

Congratulations to JackieO!

Have a great day, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Chums, and thanks for all your good wishes .I am still on top of the world at the moment, albeit a little cold .I have succumbed and stuck the CH on for an hour so I can have a nice long hot shower.I am off to Bluewater today to meet up with my friend, and we will celebrate with a decent lunch and some Christmas retail therapy.I have drawn a few bob out for to get some pressies for my tribe . I know my DD was after some nice slippers from La Senza.
    Happy Birthday to Icywytch and also to Fifer who sometimes sticks his head in here.<<hugs to those feeling a bit down and despondant as well>>
    have a great day everyone, I hope to,today is the start of getting my life back to normal again ,no more blessed hospitals
    Cheers JackieO
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport