Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Options

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    flagstones wrote: »
    I was thinking about switching to Flow but when I asked them, they said they don't support the Feed in Tariff - we have solar panels.

Would be great to have a bit more info in the comparisons.

Can't you keep your FIT tariff whoever that is currently with and take advantage of the low rates Flow are offering for supply?

The two are not really connected. If your current supplier won't carry on with FIT if you move the supply business away, then I'm sure any of the Big 6 will take it on.
  • Engaelic
    Options
    We are with Scottish Hydro and pay £105 per month but they inform us this will increase to £133 in June, so we want to get advice on what other Company deals are on offer. We don't have gas in our area.

We wanted to join the MSE Cheap Energy Club but cannot because when we put in our Post Code it doesn't show our address on the list provided. We then went to the Post Office site and it shows our Post Code and address correctly.

We tried to find an email or phone number to contact MSE about the problem but couldn't find one. We are frustrated because MSE Cheap Energy Club seems a great way to get info on tariffs but we can't access it. Can anybody help?
  • Wywth
    Options
    Engaelic wrote: »
    We are with Scottish Hydro and pay £105 per month but they inform us this will increase to £133 in June, so we want to get advice on what other Company deals are on offer. We don't have gas in our area.

We wanted to join the MSE Cheap Energy Club but cannot because when we put in our Post Code it doesn't show our address on the list provided. We then went to the Post Office site and it shows our Post Code and address correctly.

We tried to find an email or phone number to contact MSE about the problem but couldn't find one. We are frustrated because MSE Cheap Energy Club seems a great way to get info on tariffs but we can't access it. Can anybody help?

Use almost any accredited comparison site.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity

Martin's preferred choice is energyhelpline ... and I like their site too! I know for certain on that particular site that if the postcode is unknown/unrecognised, it gives the option to simply choose the supply region :)

(I would advise you not to try moneysupermarket.com as that is where the Cheap Energy club pulls its data from, so you'll probably experience the same difficuties)
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    UKpower is also another good one. Imo, of course.
  • Wywth
    Options
    UKpower is also another good one. Imo, of course.

Interesting.

That comparison site says an additional charge will apply to Flow customers supplied via an IGT - but not how much it will be.

Can anyone confirm that an additional charge will apply, or better still provide a link to the Flow website where this is explained?
  • Desperate_Housewife_2-2
    Options
    I have just put all my details into the flow energy website and it came up with a £17 per year saving where it said on the energy club page that I could save £123 per year. I haven't bothered with them.
    Save £12k in 2012 no.49 £10,250/£12,000
    Save £12k in 2013 no.34 £11,800/£12,000
    'How much can you save' thread = £7,050
    Total=£29,100
    Mfi3 no. 88: Balance Jan '06 = £63,000. :mad:
    Balance 23.11.09 = £nil. :)
  • Wywth
    Options
    I have just put all my details into the flow energy website and it came up with a £17 per year saving where it said on the energy club page that I could save £123 per year. I haven't bothered with them.

Ensure you input your annual anticipated usage in kWh for accurate, consistent results.

You haven't bothered over £123 per year saving? :eek: Are you sure you've come to the right forum? :huh:
  • bellandbottle
    Options
    I agreed to move to Flow some weeks ago, but the transfer was made more complicated by the breakdown of communications between Simply Switch (watch out for them) and Flow.

Since that was straightened out, I have received several emails saying how difficult it has all been, but "it will all be over soon".

I tried talking to Flow this morning and got through after 9 minutes.

I was not at all impressed with the defensive attitude of the person answering the phone - I just hope the service provision is better than the customer service I received today.

The jury is out for me.
  • stef73
    stef73 Posts: 545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have switched and it finally switched over. Last month they only collected dd for electric as the gas dd failed. Dont know why they collect seperatly but they do. They are due to collect dd in next few days i will see what happens. If it fails this time and i am not given a reply which i am happy with(last month they didnt know why) im off. I only pay by monthly dd so it builds up in the summer and i dont get a large winter bill. Also there website is still being built this has been like this for 3 months now so you cant log onto your account.
  • Wywth
    Options
    stef73 wrote: »
    I have switched and it finally switched over. Last month they only collected dd for electric as the gas dd failed. Dont know why they collect seperatly but they do. They are due to collect dd in next few days i will see what happens. If it fails this time and i am not given a reply which i am happy with(last month they didnt know why) im off. I only pay by monthly dd so it builds up in the summer and i dont get a large winter bill. Also there website is still being built this has been like this for 3 months now so you cant log onto your account.

Great idea. Move to a more reassuringly expensive supplier, and leave flow paying their early exit fees. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure