Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• triple_choc_chip
    Options
    Never take a first offer unless it's within a hairs breadth of your asking price.. Don't take the second offer unless they say it's their 'final' offer. Good luck x
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £104/£365 28.6%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £5.2k/£63.1k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 August 2016 at 7:21PM
    Options
    Never take a first offer unless it's within a hairs breadth of your asking price.. Don't take the second offer unless they say it's their 'final' offer. Good luck x

Thanks triple choc Please see above :)
  • triple_choc_chip
    Options
    Crossed post.
    Leave it on the table for a day at least, let them know your not over the moon and will wait and see what this week's viewings bring.

£200k in Parkstone reduces you to one bedroom in the nice areas, is it worth it? Only you know the answer. x
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • triple_choc_chip
    Options
    Forgot to add - how exciting!!!!!!:j
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
  • triple_choc_chip
    Options
    I'm up your way at the moment, off to see Woman in Black in 2 mins, will check back later to see what the experts think.
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Bizarrely enough, I'm going to poole on sat, to meet a few pals .
    We meet up,more or less once a year. Sometimes more.

The potential buyers looked in june&july , so it's not an august offer if you know what I mean .( quiet period).
    TBH , I've only been one week without any viewings . I have someone tomorrow . But, I'm in a strange sitiuation ( 1 offer in over 20 viewings).
    I just don't know
  • another_casualty
    Options
    I'm up your way at the moment, off to see Woman in Black in 2 mins, will check back later to see what the experts think.

Woman in black? They'll probably like it .
    Yes, I'm being silly :)
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    I find it sometimes helps to picture what iffery.

If you turn them down, and that's your only offer, how would/will you feel still in your flat in January?

They will have watched blooming Phil and Kirstie advise making cheeky offers.

See if you can nudge them up a bit? Make your brain forget your original asking price, which is, I know, difficult.

Haven't helped at all, have I?
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Actually you have Wendy . I've felt fairly mellow this week.
    I've got to try to keep it that way.
    Interest rates are soooo low. For the sake of an extra £7,000, surely they can do that imho.
    It's if they go to £378 or something, I will start to panic
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 18 August 2016 at 9:53PM
    Options
    Seriously, forget your original sale price it was over priced by the EA to get your business.

The offer of £375k is a good one and only around 3% less than your current sensible asking price. You have no other offer on the table!

Taking this offer will enable you to do everything you wish to do, clear all your debts, be mortgage free, leave your hated job and move away from London and its stresses.

As to Poole, ive already indicated other areas for you to consider, its not a big place so just broaden your horizons a bit.

Please take the offer and get on with the rest of your life, or you have a very real risk of being stuck where you are for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure