Pots of gold help!

Options

Comments

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    deejane wrote: »
    Hi giggle, I'm making pots of gold this year, they went down a storm at the craft fairs I did last year.

Hi deejane

How much did you charge for your pots of gold? Did you put in scratch cards?

I am thinking that these could be a good fundraiser for my daughter's school.

EE
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    Hi deejane

How much did you charge for your pots of gold? Did you put in scratch cards ?

EE
    Im not sure if you can sell them with scratch cards might be worht finding out
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • deejane
    deejane Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    I charged £2 last year, but might have to put my prices up, only slighty. These were mine from last year.
    http://www.facebook.com/craftybug?v=photos#!/photo.php?pid=4799093&id=317140568039&ref=fbx_album
    and probably be much the same this year.
  • mummyslittleboy
    Options
    Have been looking through the thread at all your work you are all so talented,I want to have a go at making some things myself this christmas so am going to make some pots of gold for some of the family.
    :jmember of the thrifty gifty 2011 :j
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    deejane wrote: »
    I charged £2 last year, but might have to put my prices up, only slighty. These were mine from last year.
    http://www.facebook.com/craftybug?v=photos#!/photo.php?pid=4799093&id=317140568039&ref=fbx_album
    and probably be much the same this year.

Can I ask where you got your gold cup and bags/cellophane?
  • deejane
    deejane Posts: 96 Forumite
    Options
    Jo4 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got your gold cup and bags/cellophane?

I got the gold cups from Matalan, and the cello came from a florist in our shopping centre, I think it was £1 a meter.
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Options
    CO-OP have half price on the Ferrero Rocher's at the mo might be worth stocking up on the ready for the pots of gold
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    Options
    Managed to find some gold organza gift bags in the charity shop (as well as some red ones) so going to make up three ''bags of gold'' and fill them with gold coloured things.........ones got two gold sprayed fir cone candles in, some hand cream and moisturiser in yellow packaging, box of slices of orange and lemon candy and handbag charm I've put in a gold coloured box. Still working on what to put in the other two I've got left but there's bound to be something in my ''stash'' upstairs.

I did pots of gold with the gold chocolate coins in the other year so thought this would make a change
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks giggle, I am still deciding wether to make pots of gold for most of the family with either gift voucher or money in!! decisions decisions!

Mary sounds fab! I wish you had a digital camera!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    Hi deejane

How much did you charge for your pots of gold? Did you put in scratch cards?

EE

you wouldn't be able to sell them to under 16's for definite - whether you are allowed to resell scratch cards, i'm not sure
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure