dispatch times and sales

Options

Comments

• chancesare_2
    chancesare_2 Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    Options
    d123 wrote: »
    Hold the presses!!!!!

Just for you, an example from 2017. You’ll see all the details (like the DATE) are still present.

sandra137.jpg

Amazing, hey?

No [it is 2018 here]. Instead of searching google for out of date pics, why don't you have a look at click and drop. It may suit you perfectly. It is simple and even first timers can do it.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What's TRS?

Also is there any quick way to change your despatch times on all of your listings at once. I'm not a business seller so I have lots of single items for sale in lots of different categories rather than say 10 items in one listing.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chancesare wrote: »
    I'm not confused, I'm just more up-to-date than you appear to be. :D

Perhaps take a look at click and drop or even buying your postage online. You don't need a PO counter anymore so your statement about checking postage dates isn't relevant.

BTW, how much more up-to-date is your second "slightly newer" example? 2015?. We are in 2018. But the point seems to have bypassed you entirely. PO counters are not the first call for people these days.

You still a failing to comprehend the basic premise, I’ll try once more, your methods and processes are not the same as every other seller. Why can’t you understand that?

Just because you stand on your head and wear a pink shirt while printing your own postage at 1am in your kitchen doesn’t mean that all other sellers also do so.

Now, can you understand?
    ====
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,623 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    chancesare wrote: »
    No [it is 2018 here]. Instead of searching google for out of date pics, why don't you have a look at click and drop. It may suit you perfectly. It is simple and even first timers can do it.

Why would it matter if it suited me or not?

We are discussing the habits of the tens of thousands (or more) of other sellers who probably aren’t on MSE, it’s not about my methods of posting items...
    ====
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 January 2018 at 10:08AM
    Options
    What's TRS?

Also is there any quick way to change your despatch times on all of your listings at once. I'm not a business seller so I have lots of single items for sale in lots of different categories rather than say 10 items in one listing.

Top Rated Seller.

Yes. Make sure you are in myebay and click on 'all selling' (left hand side of the page). Just under the active selling bar is a small empty square (with the words 'add note' to it on the right, in case you can't spot it easily). Tick that empty square and all the items you are actively selling are selected. Click on the 'edit' box (to the right of the words 'add note') and wait for them to load.

Select all the items shown on what should now be headed 'edit listings' page (again, that small empty square at the top left will select them all with one click) . Click on 'edit fields' and the fourth item down on the pop up menu is 'dispatch time'. Just follow the instructions/choose your preferred listing time from the options given.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    SB25 wrote: »
    @d123
    My point was when I mark as dispatched on a Sunday, I have dispatched on a Sunday, so not everyone is lying or a mug. Not sure how things get forgotten for days when they go straight into the bag for collection Monday morning at the PO, same with the post box. Hopefully people who buy from me are more appreciative of Sunday dispatching than you would be.
    I doubt it. Customers only care about delivery. I used to occasionally post stuff on a Sunday at a box near the sorting depot. It occasionally got delivered Monday so looked impressive. It stopped happening and my business model changed a lot anyway, so any orders on a Friday afternoon don't go out until Monday now.
    They may well be marked as despatched on Friday evening.
  • SB25
    Options
    Again. My point was if I mark as dispatched on a Sunday it is not a lie, it was actually dispatched on a Sunday. Not all sellers lie or have it automatically marked as dispatched by eBay. Sometimes dispatch timing is entirely accurate, even if it looks unlikely.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Apart from the fact that I don't recall the last time I had a franked ebay parcel - (probably because I tend to use only business sellers who use online labels) this discussion does throw up some other interesting points.

I do have a Crown Post office that is open on a Sunday and on occasions I used to take post to be dropped off and receipted on Sunday thinking that my buyers would benefit, especially if I wasn't going to be able to get to the PO on a Monday. I assumed that buyers would think that was a good thing for a seller to have done, I never realised it made me look like a liar if it showed as dispatched on that date. Perhaps this shows that as sellers what we sometimes think is good customer service could easily count against us!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Apart from the fact that I don't recall the last time I had a franked ebay parcel - (probably because I tend to use only business sellers who use online labels) this discussion does throw up some other interesting points.

I do have a Crown Post office that is open on a Sunday and on occasions I used to take post to be dropped off and receipted on Sunday thinking that my buyers would benefit, especially if I wasn't going to be able to get to the PO on a Monday. I assumed that buyers would think that was a good thing for a seller to have done, I never realised it made me look like a liar if it showed as dispatched on that date. Perhaps this shows that as sellers what we sometimes think is good customer service could easily count against us!

I think the 'discussion' is more an exercise in bickering and trying to have the last word as opposed to anything based in reality! Ebay listings show dispatch times based on working days, which rules out Sundays, at least for most of the year.

The vast majority or people with a pulse are aware that collections and deliveries do not normally take place between early on Saturday morning and Monday morning. The occasional odd (very odd) person on this site is the exception which proves the rule.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    soolin wrote: »

I use franking, it doesn't necessarily save me money but certainly saves me time, especially when dropping off. Most of my sales go via Amazon fulfillment so stuff I send myself can be quite erratic.

As for anyone being bothered when an item is despatched, most buyers will only care about that if it's late. I bought a fair amount of stuff around Christmas online as I was too busy to go out shopping. I only noticed despatch days on ones that made me say "Blimey, I bought that a week ago, what've they been doing with it?".

If I buy something on a Friday I expect it on Tuesday at the earliest. If I get it on a Monday I'll be pleased, if I haven't got it by Thursday I'll be checking if it's been marked as despatched.

The easiest way to make sure I'm not printing orders out twice is to mark them as despatched (both on Amazon and Ebay). On Ebay you used to be able to personalise despatch emails and I had on them that items were getting ready to be despatched.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure