PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 June 2011 at 2:27AM
    Options
    5 for today! (Saturday).

1) Small lie in.

2) Cooked breakfast/brunch.

3) Cleared out all the clothes the boys had grown out of etc and took it to the 2nd hand shop.

4) Dr Who!

5) Went swimming with sons and my brother.

That's about it for today.

Bit more: MrN came round last thing. It was all very awkward with long silences. We're so good at communicating we managed to discuss none of the issues of the last 3 days at all. But he had a cup of tea and will be back tomorrow.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    (((Frith)))

1. Did a Reverbe and found 1p :) but DD has claimed it as her own for her own purse, so *sigh * will not have the benefit ;)
    2. Realised that yesterday, as well as being a NSD was also a no petrol day, have made up for it today though!!
    3. DD and I went out to a fabulous museum and went round one of the exhibits twice, it was so good :)
    4. We ate a gorgeous picnic by the river and had an icecream each :)
    5. DD was an explorer and showed me a 'secret path' through some woods by a stream, we turned around when it got a bit nettley though!
    6. My mum gave me a swanky mop, that might mean I actually clean the kitchen floor from now on!
    7. Went to Co$tco and didn't spend too much............
    8. Have been out on the lash with the girls and others and have had a fantastic time that hasn't been toooo wildly expensive ;):)
    9. Knowing that OH lurves me really even if he is a bit rubbish at communicating at times, especially when he's feeling really ill.......
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My five are

1. Finally planting my seedlings.

2. Tidied up the house.

3. Had a couple of lovely walks with my dog.

4. Seeing field of wheat with poppies in.

5. Having leftovers for lunch.
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all, here's mine from yesterday....

1. Convincing the step kids to do a couple of small jobs (and there was very little moaning).
    2. OH cleaned the bedroom windows (used to be a window cleaner so they very rarely get done!!!)
    3. Washing all up to date because of the windy sunny weather.
    4. Lost some more weight and have found a friend who would very much like my favourite 16 skirt that I was wearing for the last time (I can pull it down without undoing the zip so it's getting dangerous!!!) She has to wear larger skirts due to cancer treatment swelling her belly :(
    5. Cleaning the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom sink - so now it doesn't feel so much like a pigsty :)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

1) Nice lie-in this morning. :)

2) Watching a blackbird eating a slug she found on one of my plant pots: she's welcome to come to lunch again if she's going to eat the slugs before they can eat my plants!

3) Playing the Miaow Game with the mog: every time he miaows, I say 'miaow' back. Needless to say I always get tired of the game long before he does! ;)

4) Chatting with my DM on the phone.

5) I've made a healthy version of moussaka for dinner: it's not remotely authentic, of course, but tastes pretty good and is much lower calorie than 'normal' moussaka.

Have a nice evening, all.
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

Hope you are all well. I am completely shattered after my little jaunt up Snowdon yesterday. I ACHE! But am s pleased that I managed it and didn't give up, so my first June challenge is now completed... The Moonwalk in Edinburgh next weekend is the next one.

So my pleasures for the past few days

1) One of my lovely colleagues came with me to buy a tent on Friday. He knows about these things so was incredibly useful. I think that I have landed up with a really good one (with 25% off!)

2) Left work early (as the boss bought his kids in at lunch time and left by 3pm I certainly didn't feel guilty!)

3) Drive up to Snowdon went really quickly with very little traffic problems

4) Managed to find a lovely little spot in the campsite next to a babbling brook.

5) More importantly the spot was right next to a group of ex-army boys who offered to put up my tent for me... and blew up my mattress... and made sure that I had some anti-mozzie cream. I took them a crate of beer the next evening.

6) The weather was fabulous for our hike.... possibly a tad warm but the views were gorgeous.

7) Stopped in at my friends who have just moved to Llangollen and who have just had a baby girl 3 weeks ago. The husband made a yummy lunch and we had a lovely catch up.

8) I'm home!!!!!!

Night all.

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Haven't posted on here for ages, so must try and get myself disciplined again. Some recent ones:
    1. Getting all my tomatoes finally planted out in the border. They've been moved indoors and outdoors every day to avoid the cold temperatures at night but now they must take their chance.
    2. IT'S RAINING:T:T - the first rain we've had for a couple of months. The ground is bone dry, so it's really welcome and I hope it continues long enough to make a difference.
    3. Garden has been absolutely seething with baby blue tits, starlings and chaffinches recently. They're such a joy to watch.
    4. Attended one or two recent fund raising events recently. It's good to know that even in this difficult times, people will still put their hands in their pockets to support a worthy cause.
    5. Nice social occasion recently, meeting some new people.
    6. Looking forward to a favourite relative coming to stay shortly. Must go and clean behind the loo and clear some of the cobwebs.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hello from Monday! Did try to post yesterday but it disappeared & our internet misbehaved all day yesterday, annoying everybody!

1.Didn't wake until 9am, which very rarely happens!
    2.Bright sunny day....with a wind that would cut you in 2, however, washing all got dried on the line!
    3.went for lunch with kids, nice to have a good chat & a laugh. Big 2 have got exams coming up, so nice just to walk away from studying.
    4.DD2 feeling much better & will be back to school.
    5.Easy tea of singapore/swedish noodles! Used DD2's recipe & they were most yummy!
    6.Watched Downton Abbey on tv , quite enjoyed it!
  • Carolyntia
    Carolyntia Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

Quiet day here

1) Small lie in
    2) Low spend day
    3) Finally got around to sorting out the lingerie drawer :o
    4) Easy cooking day
    5) Reserved more books from the library - I've now got to the point where I can't reserve any more ;)
    6) Little tidy up
    7) Nice relaxing bath
    8) Everything ready for work in the morning :o

Hope you all had a good day

C x
    As my dad always used to say 'Just because you've got the money doesn't mean to say you have to spend it all at once'
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Ladyhawk - Well done on the Snowden climb and good luck for next weekend. The atmosphere will be great

Pleasures for today:
    1. DD is safely home from my parents. She had a great time and saw lots of her friends so she is happy.
    2. Low spend day just topped up my oyster card and bought a newspaper. Yesterday was a bit of a expensive one so just as well.
    3. Managed to find an expensive item parents wanted to buy on the internet £100 cheaper than they expected. So all ordered and paid for and I get the tesco points as paid for on my credit card.
    4. Phone call from brother who's computer had died. He asked me to try and find him a new one for as cheap as possible. I didn't think I would be able to get the spec he wanted for the price he wanted to pay but have found one on Amazon for him so just need to let him know.
    5. Nice family evening together talking about some of the things we would like to do this year.

Hugs to all who need them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport