Asda launches revamped price guarantee News Discussion

Options

Comments

• KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FAO MSE People - the link is still not working :(
    Because it's trying to link to a local file rather than a web address.
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • spudlings
    Options
    It says i am eligible for a voucher for £1.07, but how do i claim the voucher when i dont own a printer?
    Crochet ~ Granny cushion cover in the making

!!!!!! make me rich in 2011 ebay or else!! ~ £0

£365 in 365 days
    ~ £11
    make £5 a day challenge Jan 2011 £176/£155
    :rotfl:

• KevinG
    KevinG Posts: 1,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    spudlings wrote: »
    It says i am eligible for a voucher for £1.07, but how do i claim the voucher when i dont own a printer?
    Save the web page and take it round or email it to someone who has?
    2kWp Solar PV - 10*200W Kioto, SMA Sunny Boy 2000HF, SSE facing, some shading in winter, 37° pitch, installed Jun-2011, inverter replaced Sep-2017 AND Feb-2022.
  • tajna
    tajna Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    I got voucher for £2.22.

It compared my shopping against Tesco (£1.61 more expensive), Sainsburys (£7.50), Morrisons (£9.09) and Waitrose (£13.36).

I'm happy with that. :D
  • spudlings
    Options
    KevinG wrote: »
    Save the web page and take it round or email it to someone who has?

Thank you, but i had already thought of that and its not an option.
    I just thought they may of been able to post it to me or given me a code to use.
    Anyone know where i can buy a printer with ink and paper for £1.07 haha :)
    Crochet ~ Granny cushion cover in the making

!!!!!! make me rich in 2011 ebay or else!! ~ £0

£365 in 365 days
    ~ £11
    make £5 a day challenge Jan 2011 £176/£155
    :rotfl:

• NEH
    NEH Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    Options
    It'll be interesting to see how this goes. I used it once or twice in the past year but the offers never were taken into account and you always lost out on a slight weight difference...

I always ended up with only 8 odd eligible items which kinda defeated the object if the rest of my shop weren't taken into account...
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    puddings wrote: »
    I'm sure youre only meant to print one copy of each voucher, but if accidentally you do print some duplicates then make sure that you dont accidentally go back into the store again with the receipt and another copy of the coupon, because that would definitely be very naughty indeed ;-)

fraud, no less.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • gastronomix
    Options
    puddings wrote: »
    Through the price promise I've now got a voucher for £17.29 and a voucher for £14.05 and a teeny weeny one for £1.70

Here's how... have a look online at mysupermarket,specifically look at the products on promotion in tesco. if you click the item it will bring a list up of that items' price at the other places, including asda.
    If its the same price, or cheaper at asda, or if it says n/a, then move on to the next item.
    But if cheaper at tesco eg.mini pepperami tesco 60p asda £1.48 then jot it on your shopping list

You need to find at least 8 items like that. Then go to asda, buy them at the overinflated cost and KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!
    Its important to say here that ONLY the 8+ items on your shopping list or items that you know are not comparable (the ones that said n/a on the website or whoops stickers for example) should be put in your basket. If you need other shopping then pay seperately.
    You'll need to wait until the following day and then go to the asda website and print off your coupon (dont know if you can print off duplicate copies ahem!)
    I had a total spend of £29.91 for which i got a £17.29 voucher including the 10% extra.

The following day I returned to the store with another tesco promo item list, spent £23.60 and paid partly with the £17.29 voucher.
    Then from that receipt i got another coupon for £14.05 (still dont know if you can print off duplicate copies though!!!)

Yesterday I just needed some normal shopping (theres only so many pepperamis, boxes of persil and jars of dowue egberts that you need in a week) so bought about £15 worth of cheapo asda stuff and used the £14 voucher to pay mosty of it. (I still managed to get £1.48 back from that receipt - even though it was all stuff that i genuinely needed).

You will need to show the cashier your original receipt when claiming the discount, but make sure that you get it back - maybe you need it to get a refund from work for some coffee - or you might need it as proof of purchase for a competition - or to check off against your bank statement - either way its prudent to keep records and who knows when it might come in handy?

I'm sure youre only meant to print one copy of each voucher, but if accidentally you do print some duplicates then make sure that you dont accidentally go back into the store again with the receipt and another copy of the coupon, because that would definitely be very naughty indeed ;-)

Thanks for that very illuminating theoretical instructional.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NEH wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how this goes. I used it once or twice in the past year but the offers never were taken into account and you always lost out on a slight weight difference...

I always ended up with only 8 odd eligible items which kinda defeated the object if the rest of my shop weren't taken into account...

Eligible items means an identical product needs to be on sale elsewhere which isn't always possible, especially if you pick up things like stationary or a few bits for the garden.

Also been using it myself the past year, and special offers have always been taken into account. So if something at Asda cost £3 and Tesco had it on offer for £2, it would count.
  • NEH
    NEH Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    Eligible items means an identical product needs to be on sale elsewhere which isn't always possible, especially if you pick up things like stationary or a few bits for the garden.

Also been using it myself the past year, and special offers have always been taken into account. So if something at Asda cost £3 and Tesco had it on offer for £2, it would count.

Well in our case offers haven't always been taken into account, i suppose depending on the many rules behind the scheme it is dependent on which offers you have...;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure