PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• ceb1995
    ceb1995 Posts: 388 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'd like to join, had a look at our spending for food for the last year and i thought it was much lower but some months we've spent over £200, so I'd like to start at £190 for January for two adults. We've got some things to use in the freezer and some bits in the cupboard so should hopefully be achievable.
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Options
    So, monthly budget of £100 as per normal, and an annual budget of £1200. If I end up taking out for bulk buys, I'll reduce the monthly amount accordingly.

That's for 1 me and 1 cat, and includes all the food eaten in the house by me, and all toiletries/household products. The only thing it doesn't include is the cat's food, because fatty's on a specific diet.
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • Rachiedabbler70
    Options
    Thanks Zippychick and Coxy for the new thread :) please could you put me down for£220for Jan. For 3 of us until 2nd week then down to just 2. Happy New Year.
    Blitz that mortgage
    Jun 2016 £152,000
    April 2021 £85,000
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £200 for me please.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    YorksLass wrote: »
    That's a bit drastic! Would virtual tutting and :naughty: do instead? :D

That would be great :D much appreciated :T
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you for starting the thread. Please put me in for £120 thanks. For me January runs from 05/01/18 to 01/02/18.
  • Highland_Fling
    Options
    Thank you for the new thread. Please can you put HIghland Fling down for £200.
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Joining in for 2018. Big year for us this year as we have my parents Golden anniversary, Dh's 50th birthday and my 50th Birthday. All fairly spaced out throughout the year but nonetheless all biggies.

Budget for January £250 for 2 adults a 13 year old and a 7 year old.

Going to do an inventory of all we have in and tomorrow I am doing a Morries shop tomorrow which I have already worked out on mysupermarket how much it should cost.
  • Hev
    Hev Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Please can I join in this month? I used to do this years ago when I was signed in as catznine but having problems signing in so now signed in as Hev:o but need to get some savings started so target of £200for the month to start with :j
    Some people are so poor all they have is money ;)
    Jan 2018 GC £165.74/£200 = £34.26 left
    Feb 2018 GC £54/£200 = £146 left
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Options
    Can you put me down for £400 for Jan 1st-31st.
    I'm going to try and include any food and drink eaten out of the house in that budget for 2 adults and 3 kids. As I've started being a little lax about making food to take out with us and just buying a meal deal or maccy D's which ends up costing a lot for 5!
    I've got quite a lot of meat in the freezer, lots of snacks for the kids packed lunches, I've got some soups that I've made and frozen.
    I've also just bought some therm*s food flasks to put hot food in for picnics etc.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family