Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Many happy returns, Purps

I love the name Purps btw.

Well done to your daughter and exciting news about the moving date!

Never dull Chez Purps

Thanks Hun. Definitely never dull here at the moment :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    All fantastic in the Purple household, congrats to dd for her Guides, mega congrats to hubby for his promotion and payrise and wow 31st March that will be here in a minute!

I'm so pleased that all seems to be going well after such a stressful few weeks, what an exciting time.

H x

Thanks H, things may finally be going our way. Just need to keep up momentum x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Have a good weekend!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    16 years of accumulated crap in the loft and we're not even half way through. Three trips to the dump, two to the charity shop. Charity shop stuff did include some of my stuff from my flat when I moved down here as well as decluttering of clothes.

It was a bit hard getting rid of a few bits that were given to us respectively by each dad but we did it, more to sort tomorrow.

Inventory done of the food, just need to figure out what to eat out of it....will head on over to the grocery board and see what they've got recipe wise.

Picked up DD's uniform from next door, green is really a change for her :(

Going to clean the oven tomorrow whilst I do other stuff and will do my best to keep it clean for the newbies.

Kids have changed their beds so that's good, do you remember the doggy quilt of the 80's? I was after one for ages, a friend of mine dug hers out and gave it to DD, DD is now mega happy as its on her bed and she loves it.

DH is rather grumpy today too, I think he's still in pain but won't say. Doesn't help he was up at 6.10 this morning.

Onwards and forwards
  • VelvetFreak
    Options
    Well done on all that decluttering. Glad to see everything is moving along as it should be. Have a great Sunday :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think the house is screaming 'what the hell are you doing to me?' I can't believe how much stuff we've accumulated over the years, we've sorted and dumped so much that I think our local area is wondering what's happening??

Today we emptied the shed of doom, filled my car up and dumped it. Next week is DD's room.

Dinner tonight was HM marinated spicy pork, cheesy potatoes and peas, cheap dinner as I only bought the cream. We've gone through the inventory and have come up with some dinner ideas too.

Kids are sorted for school.

Should hear from the EA tomorrow regarding moving dates.

Hope everyone had a great weekend? XX
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Purps, I have Drawers of Doom and even Cupboards of Doom but never a Shed!

Clearing out is so cathartic though:A
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    It is unbelieveable how much stuff we tend to accumulate over the months and years. Every time we've moved, I've got rid of loads but it never seems to make a difference.

A friend of mine had a house fire a few years back and she lost everything but the clothes on her back. She is an older lady and had a lifetime of clutter surrounding her, she was the last of her family so felt a deep responsibility to keep things like her granny's tea service, her great-great-granny's wedding dress, christening gowns, etc.

She was insured and got a large cheque to cover her losses. After the initial shock and sadness, she said she'd never felt so free. She moved into a little modern flat and only bought the necessities, whenever I visit it's immaculate and she is so much happier. She said the only thing she misses are the old photos. I'm not saying anyone should burn down their house, but it does make you stop to think about what things are actually important in your life and what can you do without. With that in mind, where are the bin bags....? :p
  • Money_Rollercoaster
    Options
    We go to the charity shops with the car boot full of bin bags more than once a year. The stuff just seems to seep out of every pore of this house!

We've got a shed too ... it's like ker-plunk. If you want something, you have to pull at something else until it falls down. :D
    174 BPM >> CC Balance (0%) -£3,565.99 - Target DFD Dec 2017 >> Loan (Car) (3.1%) -£19,803.74 - Target DFD Nov 2020
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Misty I always love the mantra ' the best things in life aren't things' from The Minimalists. Your story sums that up beautifully.

Keep going PM02 your new home will be so nice without all the carp.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport