Options

Comments

• secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Three feel at home?

I have used threes feel at home add on in the past, cost £10 for a months worth of free txts, calls and data when abroad.

does anyone know if it is still £10 i cant find the answer on threes website

http://www.three.co.uk/Support/pay_as_you_go/Phone_tariffs

There are £10, £20, £25 "Add Ons" to choose from.

I'm not sure if SIMs still have to be activated 30 days before Feel At Home is available.

I like this service so much, I changed networks from O2 to 3. Certainly where I live, signal is so much better too :)
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Reviews of the Secret Garden never seem to be amazing, but we've never been in... worth doing if it's free?

I won't go there (or even to The Mirage) for ethical reasons. I don't mind animals bred and kept in captivity if the environment is good, but it's disgraceful that anywhere still breeds white lions and tigers and tries to pass them off as rare and endangered, instead of massively inbred tourist attractions with a mass of health problems, which is the truth. For every one on display to the public, many more were euthanised because of deformities like cleft palette and spinal malformation. The American Zoological Association banned its member zoos from breeding them years ago.

https://www.thedodo.com/truth-about-white-tiger-breeding-1492535969.html

https://bigcatrescue.org/abuse-issues/issues/white-tigers/

Anyway, not to put a downer on the thread (sorry!), but just to give a fuller picture. :)
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Misty_Blue wrote: »
    I won't go there (or even to The Mirage) for ethical reasons. I don't mind animals bred and kept in captivity if the environment is good, but it's disgraceful that anywhere still breeds white lions and tigers and tries to pass them off as rare and endangered, instead of massively inbred tourist attractions with a mass of health problems, which is the truth. For every one on display to the public, many more were euthanised because of deformities like cleft palette and spinal malformation. The American Zoological Association banned its member zoos from breeding them years ago.

https://www.thedodo.com/truth-about-white-tiger-breeding-1492535969.html

https://bigcatrescue.org/abuse-issues/issues/white-tigers/

Anyway, not to put a downer on the thread (sorry!), but just to give a fuller picture. :)

so that's a "no" then?
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    so that's a "no" then?

It's my personal viewpoint. :D I don't look to lecture anyone who chooses to go, just to provide the other side to the often pushed marketing hype about them being rare and endangered, and that we need to preserve them.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2017 at 3:30PM
    Options
    Secret Garden at The Mirage...

I'm struggling to spend my last MyVegas LPs (about 72k) on something we'd be interested in for our trip in a couple of weeks.

We've already booked a BOGO for Aria dinner buffet and 2 tickets for Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.

Reviews of the Secret Garden never seem to be amazing, but we've never been in... worth doing if it's free?

Someone on Trip Advisor complained that when they went, the animals were asleep :rotfl: Dunno if it was said tongue-in-cheek, but someone else did point out that Vegas in July is bl**dy hot :eek::rotfl:
    Anyway, Myself and DH have been a few times. The first time was really good because we had a guide who told us all about the dolphins, which is the highlight.
    Other times, it's got to be a bit depressing (especially seeing the elephant they had) and they have those stupid hand held things you put to your ear - which I absolutely refuse to use because I always either end up with an ear infection from them, or someone has been using them to wipe snot or heck knows what on them. (I think it's Seigfried that tells you about the place but his accent is a bit hard to understand tbh.)
    Another big down side is that they now have those horrible photo shoot booths that you have to 'participate' in before they let you into see the animals. Those things are a PITA, they have them at LINQ as well, but, they refuse to take 'NO' for an answer. Another pet hate of mine.
    Still it's up to you if you want to go. The upside is that it will be free, so it might be worth a potter round.
    HTH :)
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Taking the attention away from Animals...

Did you guys know that there is an In 'n' Out burger joint on the strip, not sure if its by Oshea's, glanced over the article yesterday...
    That's my lunch sorted! :D:D
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    StuieUK34 wrote: »
    Taking the attention away from Animals...

Did you guys know that there is an In 'n' Out burger joint on the strip, not sure if its by Oshea's, glanced over the article yesterday...
    That's my lunch sorted! :D:D

yep

it is on the Linq promenadee somewhere
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    According to the Review & Journal The Gun Store has filed for bankruptcy
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    WHAT !!!!!!! Thats my fave gun store (granted i not been to the others!)
    Daaaaaaam :(:(
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just looking at car hire prices for April. We've decided to only have a car a few days because most of the hotels are now charging for parking, and I'm away a couple of days doing mileage runs.

But what's going on. Tried almost every conceivable broker and cheapest I can find that will include zero excess is £44 a day.

Oh well, looks like a couple of days just to get about then Uber/Lyft everywhere.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure