Wedding Diet Thread....

Options
Hello Everyone

I thought it would be a good idea to set up this thread for all you Bride's to be that are dieting in time for their wedding or just in general...

I will start with my story. Basically when I met my partner 7 years ago I was a size 14, up until 2009 I bloomed to a size 24 and went from 11 stones to 23 stones...yes that's right! Anyway I was enjoying a nice Indian takeaway on a Friday night as usual in 2009 and felt a massive sharp pain under my breast bone, which continued through the night and the worse pain I have felt. I was then rushed in hospital the following day and was diagnosed with 'Gallstones'...Well that was it, the doctor gave me a choice either lose the weight and eat healthy and I would not need a operation or carry on the way I was doing and I would need probably emergency surgery to remove them, well I am petrified of anything relating to surgery and would not like to be put asleep...so I decided enough was enough and said I would start a diet.

October 2009 I start on my own low fat, healthy eating diet and I have gone down to a dress size 18 and now weigh 15 stone 6lb's to date... This was achieved all by myself, with no joining of any diet/fat clubs and no exercise! I am proud of myself, but want to lose the weight to look nice on my wedding day and hoping to achieve this as well.

So anyone else want to talk about their weight, dieting etc.....

Be good to hear of other people's success, stories and general chit chat about dieting and what works for you etc....Maybe we can all share recipes, ideas etc....
Married the love of my life on 1st October 2011

Comments

• bride2be2012
    Options
    well, only this evening I have signed up to weight watchers! (so am consuming a bottle of wine left in the fridge along with the easter eggs, for a fresh start tomorrow!)

Some might say I don't need to loose weight - I am a size 12 and weight 10 stone 7lb, but I can feel my clothes getting tighter and I was at the nurse this week for my contraceptive injection, and have put on 3lbs in the last 12 weeks. But I just don't want go get any bigger, especially as I already have my wedding dress and it fits like a glove!

My downfall is drink (love wine, spirits with diet mixers are just not the same!), chocolate and controlling portion sizes - I love cooking, and can follow a recipe designed for four, and me and OH will scoff the lot.

So, am gonna try and follow weight watchers. I think the counting points thing will work for me, well hoping it will!
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I already put myself on the monthly 7lb target thread over on the 'Health' board...so far it's not working too well though. All my good exercise intentions have been hampered by suffering whiplash injuries a month ago in a car accident, and my diet after about 7pm is shocking as I just snack on chocolates and cakes! I measure myself as much as weigh as it's inches that bother me more. I'm 10st 8lbs (was 11st 4lbs at the start of the year) but haven't lost much in the past few weeks, though I have got a bit less inchage on me now and some clothes fit me now :)
  • joop1977
    joop1977 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    just eat less calories,simple really
  • malkie76
    malkie76 Posts: 6,170 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It's just not brides!

I was always very sporty, and had a big solid 6foot4 rugby frame. Sadly in my late 20s this big frame overtime got too big leaving me at 17 stone. Basically one day I decided enough was enough and started the cereal diet coupled with extra exercise. I dropped 3 stone in 3 months down to 14 stone and maintained that since. (3years ago)

I've creeped up to 14.5 on the run up to the wedding, but will lose that in the next four weeks before the wedding!

The cereal diet is just a small portion of cereal for breakfast and lunch, then a proper rounded dinner. Absolutely no snacking allowed at all. The extra exercise was just 40 or so minute walk in the evening.
    Legal team on standby
  • MrsDS2be
    MrsDS2be Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Hello and thank you for posting your story.
    Mine is as follows

I met my H2B 6 years ago and i was a size 14. We moved in together and had a baby. I developed quite bad depression when i was pregnant and this continued well after my daughter was born and even still now although its quite well controlled now. During my down period i used to bake alot and eat alot and i put approx 4 stone on and went up to a size 20!
    I then got swine flu and lost 11lb in ten days and went on to loosley follow the slimming world plan (never attending a group) i lost 3 stone on my own but then christmas came and i carried on eating and put a stone and half back on, so NOW im attending a SLimming World group and have so far lost 8.5lb i also get weighed tonight. im hoping to loose 2 stone at least before i get married in october of next year and i hope to feel comfortable then.
    Met my Soul Mate 08/02/2005
    Married my Soul Mate 26/10/2012
  • DiamondsnPearls
    Options
    joop1977 wrote: »
    Oh yes, if only life was that simple~!
  • DiamondsnPearls
    Options
    I'm in!
    I follow slimming world, had lost 2 stone but the last few weeks have not been following the plan and have put 3lb on, so as of today I am back on it, raring to go!
    I'm not getting married until next September but still have just shy of 6 stone to loose.
  • ellay864
    ellay864 Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    joop1977 wrote: »

But those chocolate flavoured calories are just SOOOOO nice :rotfl:
  • PrincessDonna2009
    Options
    Thanks everyone for joining in....

Yes and I meant to say Men can join in as well, sorry my mind was somewhere else when I was typing this post yesterday lol

Well today my diet consists of:

Breakfast:

Bowl of Special K with 1 x apple.

Lunch:

Homemade chicken salad wrap, with a low fat Ski yogurt and glass of water.

Dinner:

Jacket potato with beans, no butter or no cheese...with loads of salad.

Snacks during the day:

1 x packet of Very Low fat Crisps (1g fat)
    1 x weight watchers Lemon Slice Cake (1.5g fat)
    1.5 litres of water throughout the day

So glad to hear of everyone's success and target's, I am sure you will all get there...All you need is the willpower and think to yourself, if you want to look good then you need to give up the bad things that make you fat!
    Married the love of my life on 1st October 2011
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh, I might join in here. I'm in the unusual situation where my dress is about perfect so I don't want to lose too much, but I've been guzzling easter eggs so I don't want to blow up either.

I'm going to do the No S diet on the recommendation of a friend. It's simple. No snacks, no sweets, no seconds, except on days beginning with S (including special days - so I can happily nom on my wedding cake).

Here's the link if anyone is interested. It's free - you don't need to buy the book because it's just the above 3 rules and there is no special food. (I did the Carb addicts diet before this one and my shopping bills were so high cause of all the meat!)

http://www.nosdiet.com/

I'll also be restarting couch to 5k, and the 30 day shred to try and blast my belly and bingo wings with exercise.

Got just over 4 months so hopefully I can get into good shape on time.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure