Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Missli - I'm another one that keeps daily syns low in order to use them for wine at the weekend, but I think it's important to identify what YOU will miss while following the plan. I know of people who aren't bothered about sweets, chocolate, wine or other sinful treats so instead they use their syns for healthy things like oil, nuts and seeds, avocado etc. It's a personal thing but the idea is to avoid feeling deprived of the things you like.
    LL :)

Completely agree lois. I don't miss chocolate or sweets one bit so I prioritise wine.:D

Sadly your customer tells a familiar story. Hopefully you can motivate her but I think she can help you too. She can motivate you to be one of those that loses weight and stays at the healthy weight you want to be. I know posting on here and going to group occasionally keeps me from regaining weight. I'm determined not to be fat again.

aw I've just had a DM to say I've got my 10 year anniversary badge :) which means I joined this forum at 16/17 years old and everyone here has been so kind and supportive through everything from losing weight, moving house and getting married as well as having littlie. I do believe I have made some friends for life :)

:)

Aw, what a kind thing to say.:A lush, if you just want tubs to save stuff in the fridge then I'd recommend those flat boxes (like take away containers) they sell in £ shop. I find them brilliant for the freezer too as they stack well. I don't think they'd be water/air tight enough for taking liquids to work though.

piglet, like denise I've never let a crumb of Scanbran pass my lips in 7 years either. Fortunately I've never needed that boost (never had Speed soup either). These often appear at taster sessions but I've never been tempted.
    http://www.theslimmingfoodie.com/ferrero-rocher/

I'm going to do my meal plan and shop today so will post proper menu later. I've had my SW breakfast (HEB porage) and could manage to scratch around for some lunch but otherwise the cupboards/fridge are bare.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning - a 2.5lb gain for me this week please Shala - no less annoying for all it is well-deserved. I really need to get my bum in gear because it's now effectively taken me 16 weeks to lose 5.5lbs. I'm hoping I can lose the last fortnight's 4lb gain this week to finish the challenge only a pound heavier than when it started :o:o:o
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    One of our regular customers came in for a chat yesterday, she lost loads of weight last year with SW and knows I follow the plan too, sadly she has put 2 stone back on over the winter - her father died and she turned to comfort eating. I know how easy it is, I did it myself, and I tried to encourage her that she could undo the damage but it wasn't sinking in, it was like she'd given herself permission and had given up on the idea of being slim. Maybe I can motivate her by example.

Wow that really resonated with me, I feel like I'm sometimes resigning myself to how I look now, consciously or unconsciously.

Sorry to hear about your friend Denise xx

Just tried some chocolate porridge made with Alpro choc soya milk as seen on Instagram and it was lovely! I used way too much of the milk though which was quite 'costly' syn-wise,but I know for the future.

B - Choc porridge
    D - Crustless quiche - tuna, peas, spinach and cottage cheese, with beetroot and carrot salad
    T - Lamb and aubergine curry from latest mag
    HEA - Alpro milk
    HEB - Oats
    Syns - 1.5 for extra Alpro milk, 3 for normal milk in coffee, 3 for sugar in coffee, 1 for the ready-grated beetroot, 1 for curry sauce, and maybe 2 for some cheese in the quiche?

I'm staying on plan over the weekend rather than allowing myself to run amok as usual. Only following SW Monday-Thursday is clearly not working for me :o
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • gingerfurball
    gingerfurball Posts: 385 Forumite
    edited 21 April 2017 at 12:25PM
    Options
    Hello all - had a peek at the scales this morning and see a small gain - but then again not surprising since I had such a completely off plan week last week. I'll post losses or gains when the next challenge starts.

I did the scanbran challenge once...it's where you are supposed to have the SB every day for a week with 2 L of water every day. I just ate them as crackerbread - boy! They were hard going - my jaw was sore from eating them! I actually gave up after a few days cos life is too short!

Food yesterday was:
    B: two boiled eggs and an orange
    L: chicken salad with all the fixins
    D: steak, salad and SW chips
    Syns had a glass of wine
    HEa milk in tea

Today:
    L: fitzgerald bagel thin with lettuce, turkey, ham, tomato and egg (do you guys have these bagel thins? They are a HEb here - they also do pita and wraps - they're yummy!!
    D: thinking probs spag bol
    Syns - watching the grandkids so definitely wine when they go to bed lol
    HEa milk in tea HEb the bagel thin I was talking about above
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Back again! Today's plan didn't quite go to plan but no matter everything I've had was Free!

It was so late by the time we came out of the hospital we ended up going into Wetherspoons for lunch (about 2pm so much later than usual). DH had fish & chips and I had jacket potato, baked beans & salad:A with a diet tonic (all this driving is making me not drink at lunchtime if we eat out, so at least that's a good thing).

Dinner tonight was changed from chips to mash (mashed with FF yoghurt); sugar snap peas & wilted spinach. Have to say I was glad when DH said he'd rather have mash than chips, probably because he had chips at lunchtime!

May have the noodles tomorrow or may change it completely - perhaps a frittata or something similar.

Denise
  • maman
    Options
    Was going to have chicken 'kiev' with cottage cheese tonight but bought one of the Aldi lamb rogan josh curries so decided to be lazy. Chicken moved to tomorrow. Tonight we're having curry, SW chips and microwave pilau. Hope I'll enjoy the curry as it's really low syn.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    piglet6 wrote: »
    Thanks for doing the chart, Shala - and well done on SOTW, Beanie! :T

Well done to all the losers this week :j, and welcome to all newbies... :hello:

Sorry to hear about your STS, bubbs :( - its disheartening when you've been good and the scales don't reflect that, but please keep going. You've done so well, so far - even if you average out your loss over 4 weeks, you must be thrilled with what you've achieved! :dance:

TIE - well done for going to the doctor, and don't worry about having the panic attack. In many ways, it was good that you had one in front of the doctor, because they can see exactly what you are going through... :grouphug:

Well, I weighed in this morning and it was a STS. Relieved more than anything because it certainly wasn't deserved - I have been bad and off plan most days this week... :naughty: Easter Bunny chocolate, hot cross bun, wine, McDonalds (don't ask! :wall:), and birthday cakes for colleagues at work - 3 different types of lemon cake...buttercream...lemon curd...icing...lemon drizzle syrup... :whistle::doh: Need I go on?! Its a wonder the scales didn't scream when I got on :eek:, so I realise that I was very lucky this week. However, I am also very aware that it can come back to bite me on my (not terribly small :p) bottom next week, so I am going to try and be extra good this week, so that it doesn't catch up with me!! :o

Today's menu has been...
    B: Smoked salmon & scrambled eggs
    L: Creamy cheese mug shot (1½ syns) with a salad (lettuce, Chinese leaf, cucumber & spring onion)
    D: Keema matar from the SW Curry Club book (5% beef mince, onions, passata, tomato puree, chicken stock, garlic, ginger, curry powder, peas and a finely chopped red chilli) with orzo pasta, and a side salad of cucumber, tomato and red onion. First time I'd made it - its completely free and delicious, so would recommend it. And there's enough left over for us to have another meal...even better!
    Followed by chopped pear and fat free Greek yoghurt.
    HExA: Milk used in a White Choc Options (2 syns) - very luxurious to make it entirely with milk... ;)
    HExB: Orange Choc hi-fi bar

Am just planning food for the week now, so will be back to post tomorrow's menu in a little while...I hope!

P x
    Thanks, oh i wont give up, but others have had choc, meals out, hot x buns etc etc and sts or put 1lb on...........jealous?:rotfl::rotfl:
    maman wrote: »
    Well done missli . Have you just made up your meal plan from what you've got in? Most of us try to buy in foods that are low syn, leaving the syns for treats.

That's irritating bubbs . You're right that bodies can hold on to fat if you don't eat enough. If you can't eat carbs, can you fill up on Speed and lean meat?

I really enjoyed my dinner. It was good to have some veg. Restaurants don't serve enough veg IMO.
    I usually eat alot of speed but didnt last week or drink enough water i think, problem is im away next week so expect to have a treat:o
    Hello all - had a peek at the scales this morning and see a small gain - but then again not surprising since I had such a completely off plan week last week. I'll post losses or gains when the next challenge starts.

I did the scanbran challenge once...it's where you are supposed to have the SB every day for a week with 2 L of water every day. I just ate them as crackerbread - boy! They were hard going - my jaw was sore from eating them! I actually gave up after a few days cos life is too short!

Food yesterday was:
    L: chicken salad with all the fixins
    D: steak, salad and SW chips
    Syns had a glass of wine
    HEa milk in tea

Today:
    L: fitzgerald bagel thin with lettuce, turkey, ham, tomato and egg (do you guys have these bagel thins? They are a HEb here - they also do pita and wraps - they're yummy!!
    D: thinking probs spag bol
    Syns - watching the grandkids so definitely wine when they go to bed lol
    HEa milk in tea HEb the bagel thin I was talking about above
    That made me:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:i have never tried scan bread dont think i will bother:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Was going to have chicken 'kiev' with cottage cheese tonight but bought one of the Aldi lamb rogan josh curries so decided to be lazy. Chicken moved to tomorrow. Tonight we're having curry, SW chips and microwave pilau. Hope I'll enjoy the curry as it's really low syn.

They was on about those curries at class last night said there quiet spicy, i made slimming world curry with the frozen sauce from Iceland, hubby didnt even know:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone, STS and I am not surprised again ! I need to pull myself together and give it a real good shot and get the last few pounds OFF.

My Saturday menu will be....

Breakfast... porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch..cheese A on toast 6 syns with an egg on top.clementine, pear.

Dinner...smoked cod loin B garden peas .

Extra walls light ice cream 1 tbsp 3 syns f f yoghurt. Jelly 0.5 syns.
    9.5 syns.
  • maman
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    They was on about those curries at class last night said there quiet spicy, i made slimming world curry with the frozen sauce from Iceland, hubby didnt even know:rotfl::rotfl:

The Rogan Josh was good. You're right it was spicy but that's how I like it. I'll definitely buy it again. There's only 29% meat so next time I'll roast some mushrooms alongside to make it a bit more chunky. I bought the last one off the shelf today so if they have more next week I'll get some for the freezer.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    The Rogan Josh was good. You're right it was spicy but that's how I like it. I'll definitely buy it again. There's only 29% meat so next time I'll roast some mushrooms alongside to make it a bit more chunky. I bought the last one off the shelf today so if they have more next week I'll get some for the freezer.

It's the best low syn curry ready meal I've ever had, but Aldi stores don't seem to stock many. I found them in the Paignton store and bought all four that were on display, looked for them in the Plymouth store and the section was empty. Maybe they're afraid of overstocking them in light of the porky light fiasco. :rotfl:

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family