PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't despair pal. It can be a long process and i get the feeling that Lloyds are pretty bogged under.

Here's my experience so far...

Last November i sent off my template letter after reading this site, cheers guys! :D:money:

About 6 weeks later i hadn't had a reply so i re-sent it and then around February got a reply saying it was on hold as they awaited a court case or something like that.

Anyhoo the case came and went and i heard someweher that Lloyds boss had earmarked 3 billion to repay mis-sold PPI. I decided to send another letter and they again tried to fob me off but sent a leaflet with the financial ombudsman details in it.

I sent a letter off to the ombudsman and sat back and waited......and waited.....and waited.

2 weeks ago i received a letter from the Ombudsman saying that although they were not admitting liability they were going to re-pay me as set out in the ombudsman guidelines :T

They said it will be resolved by the end of August so it's back to waiting.

Thanks to everyone on this site as without it i would have gone to one of those rip off solicitors or given up all together.

When i get my final resolution i'll post here and share my success:cool:

Thanks again all and keep up the good work:beer::money::T:j
    Well done :j:j:j:j:j
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    paddy1973 wrote: »
    still not heard anything from lloyds,getting worried now!

Hi Paddy, when was the last time you heard from them?

(To save looking back on posts)? cheers.

If you've not emailed them yet, email the CEO, then copy and send to the customer care team the same time for a quicker feedback, ask for an update, good luck.;)

[EMAIL="antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com"]antonio.osorio@lloydsbanking.com[/EMAIL]

[EMAIL="customer.care.insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk"]customer.care.insurance@lloydstsb.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    Hey just to let you all know my cheque from Egg has arrived this morning (less than the 7-10 days that they said) for £3637 and this is the amount owing to me after the balance has been cleared.

I sooo pleased and want to thank everyone on here and wish all the rest of you luck.

I just have a question though, even though I am so pleased about the above I have a query on another claim. I have received the original application form from my Morgan Stanley card taken out in October 2010, which transferred over to a Barclay card, but I had ticked the box. They have said that this will be sorted by 6th September so I just miss this "pay out everyone" deadline by 6 days, which is so annoying really. But do you think they will still pay out even though I ticked the box? They havent said they wont and yet they havent said they will!!

Brilliant, well done to you.:T & Congratulations!:beer:

Yes they can still pay out, remember we have still been successful even the they have been ticked for, because it will also depend on the reasons you have as well, good luck. x;)
  • di3004
    Options
    donda wrote: »
    morning guys
    great news, finally had offer from bos 7500, been a long slog since last october but what a great feeling

That is so fab donda :T:j Congratulations!:beer:
  • di3004
    Options
    Massive thanks to Di & Amersall ;););)

Got turned down (rejected by EGG) for the loan being from 2000 and closed in 2002 and it being outside 6 years time barred and its not EGG's policy to uphold complaints beyond 6 years. But with Di & Amersall's 100% spot on advice & other helpfuls I wrote back to them. Just got to my mums to pick up my skid lid for my bike and a letter was waiting for me since 27/7/11

What were you reclaiming: EGG LOAN PPI taken out in 2000
    Who was the provider: EGG
    How much did you get back: £2960.29
    Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: 1st attempt was rejected due to it being beyond 6 years, noticed they had'nt used the term its our final decision! so asked Di & Amersall's advice and wrote back to correct them!

SO DONT GIVE UP! TRY, TRY & TRY AGAIN

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP & ADVICE

TO ME & TO OTHERS

Hey hon that is wonderful news :T:j it does pay to keep on at them sometimes, final decision or not, always worth another shot, Congratulations and we're happy to have helped. :beer: x
  • di3004
    Options
    mumofjanda wrote: »
    Congratulations to all those who have heard the magic word 'upheld' this week and good luck to those still waiting!

I am off to stay with relatives for a week so little chance of catching up with you all and I'm missing you already:D

I'll be back then to take on Nationwide so will be mithering you all for help!:o

Looking forward to catching up with pages and pages of success stories:j

Aww bless you.:D:A, have a lovely chill, and speak soon. x
  • di3004
    Options
    traz39 wrote: »
    :cool:
    thanks di just sent all the messages i have sent before to this email address see what they say

Fingers crossed. ;) x
  • di3004
    Options
    Right just recieved my letter back from MBNA, they say that ticked the box for PPI back in 1997.

Does this mean that I won't get it back?
    Has anyone gone to the FOS having ticked the box and won the money back?

Feeling very dis-heartened and unsure what to do next
    Any help guidance would be much appreciated

Hi

This is one of the usual standard responses, remember we all sign the agreements, but it doesn't mean you've not been mis sold, I would write back to them again and insist they take you're reasons into consideration, despite the signing/tick on the agreement, keep at them, you can still give it another go and give them say 7 days to come back with a decision, if you hear nothing by then, then move on to the FOS.

Good luck and remember you are not alone, try not to feel disheartened on this, you will get there.;)
  • chrissy4116
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Has anyone had successes with online applications for CCs for PPI claims as I have two where I am still paying PPI and have realised that I'm not even eligible for most of the time I've had them as I was on fixed term contracts! I've had my Halifax one since September 2005 and my RBS one since 2008. I have some of the original paper work but not all. Will I be better paying a £1 for the Ts and Cs or getting SARs straight away? Also, do I pay £1 per terms and condition or £1 per bank as I am going to enquire about my current RBS loan too. I know that it is more difficult for online applications but I'm hoping for some success!
    Hope you can help!

Christina
  • Egg_Chaser_12
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi

This is one of the usual standard responses, remember we all sign the agreements, but it doesn't mean you've not been mis sold, I would write back to them again and insist they take you're reasons into consideration, despite the signing/tick on the agreement, keep at them, you can still give it another go and give them say 7 days to come back with a decision, if you hear nothing by then, then move on to the FOS.

Good luck and remember you are not alone, try not to feel disheartened on this, you will get there.;)

Thanks Di,

is this despite them saying it is there final responce?
    If I did tick the box, which I don't remember doing, how can i word my complaint?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback