Co-operative Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• wizzards
    wizzards Posts: 153 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes they answered my call eventually. Fix my online issue no. They claim they will call me back. Fix my switch issue yes it seems. Total time spent either waiting on phone or waiting them to talk to someone who might know how to fix things approx 1.5 hours.

All in all I had two issues

1) Already with co-op I switched online from one tariff to another, But it seems this created a new account number. Apparently they said I should have rung up but the system gave the option to switch from co-op to co-op. But then ringing up is pretty nigh impossible after the Martin Lewis program which caused a surge of calls.

2) During the above saga Coop decides to update the online system and make it not better but seemingly worse and I cannot get anything online or re-register etc. It just says your new account number is xxxxxxxx but we can't give you a new password please ring us up.

All in all victims of the successful pricing Co-op have themselves in a muddle. They need to get some competent web design people and fix the IT systems. Overall I like coop Energy as they have not made monetary mistakes and the pricing seem reasonable. But why oh why do they have to fiddle with IT systems at the same time as making good customer offers. Recipe for disaster.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My internal switch from March 17 to Fair & Square 1, then to Fair & Square 2 was handled efficiently.

I received an email to say the website was being taken down in advance and did what I needed to do.

The new website was a day longer being set up, but when I entered on Wednesday I was able to re-register and enroll my account within a few minutes and I'm ready to upload my monthly meter readings on 20th as usual.

So far, all the problems being reported seem to have passed me by...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • YellowStar
    Options
    Update to my post 2 days ago

Have now managed to log into my account without compromising my Firefox security and inputted my meter readings.

I also changed the password that they allocated me – this can be done under User Profile tab if you have not done so already.

Apart from the awful colour scheme and the annoyance of having to increase the text size in my browser to be able read white on purple, I am now fairly happy.
  • r2015
    r2015 Posts: 1,136 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Yes it is an awful colour scheme.

I managed to eventually get logged in but I cant input my meter readings, there is no option to do so.

Though to be honest as long as my gas and electricity supply is OK and they don't take more money than I need to pay I really couldn't care less about their crappy website.
    over 73 but not over the hill.
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What on earth have they done with their site now.

After trying for days to re-register I eventually managed to log on to the new site on Friday.

To-day trying to log on via both safari and chrome I get a warning notice that the site is not secure and not able to proceed any further.

Coop do seem to have createad a real mess with their attempt to update their system, need to check my current account to-morrow to see what has happened to my direct debit.

Fortunately my next bill is not due for2months ,so they might just get back on track before then, here's hoping!
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think Co-op must have realised they were going to have problems with the new portal so decided not to tell customers about it in case they all tried to get re-registered on day one which might crash the system. In the event even the few who have found out by chance (MSE) have managed to crash it. If they admit the site is not secure then they have bigger problems than they anticipated.

This doesn't look good for Co-op and they could lose customers if they don't get it all sorted soon.

In terms of customer service, however, I do ask myself whether other suppliers are any better.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In terms of customer service, however, I do ask myself whether other suppliers are any better

I go by what my gas and electricity cost me and at present their tariffs are the cheapest for me and I don't care what their site looks like, I can put up with it once a month when I give them my meter readings.

There is always their Freephone phone number if I can't input readings online.

Just phone when everyone is watching corrie or emerdale or eastenders.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    st999 wrote: »
    . . . Just phone when everyone is watching corrie or emerdale or eastenders.
    . . . or send the readings by email.
  • wbow
    wbow Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Started switching process via MSE Energy Club on 14/01/2015. Received one email from Co-operative Energy asking for Meter and Supplier numbers, emailed them with the information, heard nothing since, have just telephoned the customer services number for Co-op Energy today, 16/03/2015 and they have no details of my application and no details of my email address! I asked if they had changed their computer system and they had. Was offered a call back from the technical department but declined. My Npower tariff ends April 2015 so am not sure how to proceed, as I haven't found yet, how to delete the switch on the MSE Energy Club membership.
  • Consumerist
    Options
    Energy Club email address - energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure