Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another payday and money shuffle. Not as quick as I'd like as m*s are a bit slow at transferring money back! For some reason had money leftover in one m*s account, not checked other one yet but will with OP off mortgage or t3sco. Planning a £500 payment off that though so might prioritise the mortgage :)

Zero building work yesterday, next step is to box in steel ready for plasterer who is calling on Monday. Extension will be dug out tomorrow! Our builders have had a set back on another job which unfortunately has affected ours but the delay is manageable as everywhere so tidy and liveable!

20p Tilly tidy and rest of money shuffle will happen later.

I still need to chase about overpaid car tax, the website certainly doesn't make it easy but we are owed £25!

Day 3 of headache. Starting to wonder if I actually have some sort of virus. One more day at work then a few days off :)
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Hope the headache goes soon, lots of bugs about at the moment..

Good progress on the building work despite the little setback!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • Brodiebobs
    Brodiebobs Posts: 1,032 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CathT wrote: »

I still need to chase about overpaid car tax, the website certainly doesn't make it easy but we are owed £25!

Day 3 of headache. Starting to wonder if I actually have some sort of virus. One more day at work then a few days off :)

It comes in for the form of a cheque, i was just on the verge of ringing to chase and it appeared almost 5 weeks after we had confirmation the vehicle was out of our name.

And after all that it was £9.70 :o
  • CathT
    edited 24 October 2016 at 7:09AM
    Options
    At last, a 4 day break from work :j

Building work slowed down a bit towards the end of the week but will catch up today. I arrived home yesterday to find diggers on our drive! The extension is being dug out today and hopefully plastering being done on Monday. Am hoping internal work be ready for decorating in the next couple of weeks. Need to buy a new TV and sofa but dh doesn't trust my measuring skills and wants to wait until the sofa arrives next week before trusting me to order another. I have form, I bought a corner sofa a few years ago that didn't fit! :rotfl:

50p on y0ugov so up to £17 on there. Made a £20 mortgage op from extra money found in m*s accounts.

Busy day planned and off out with dh this evening so best get moving!

Monthly spends

Food. £157.97
    Petrol £155.04
  • CathT
    Options
    Brodiebobs wrote: »
    It comes in for the form of a cheque, i was just on the verge of ringing to chase and it appeared almost 5 weeks after we had confirmation the vehicle was out of our name.

And after all that it was £9.70 :o

Thanks Brodie bobs. We are also owed from when I set up new dd so they took double payments for the first mont. Fingers crossed they realise and refund!!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Hope you had a nice night out!
  • CathT
    Options
    We did thanks dfod, despite having a fab time I was yawning by 9pm!
  • CathT
    Options
    All payday payments made. Have prioritised one of the 0% cards as the deal ends in Feb so smaller payments off the other two. 4 passport forms filled in yesterday. Just need to get photos for Ds and me and then a teacher friend of dh will countersign.

We had 3 workmen here on Saturday so hopefully caught up with the build. Looks like all foundations are dug out now and dh tells me concrete is going in today. I'm just glad it has stayed dry but also think I mis-timed my annual leave days!

Off to meet a friend and her children later, it's rather sad that I can only do this when I have extra time off work. Will be good to get our children together though :)
  • CathT
    Options
    Morning!

Its fairly productive here, none of it courtesy of me as I have zero energy! Seriously struggling and hoping the iron tablets work their magic soon.

Build wise smaller jobs done yesterday but will help end result. Builder called with building inspector to check footings and all is OK :j however that means the bill will be on its way! Electrician called back to install another double socket as we realised one end of the room had none. Chap who does our tv jobs called and will do some work this afternoon. Joiner called to fit some wood to new steel work. All little jobs which felt like minor progress compared to the changes we had seen in one day last week. However..... Tomorrow, the concrete is going in for the foundations and the plastering will be done. I should in theory come home from work to see major progress and I would prefer to be out of the way when it happens!

Went pumpkin picking yesterday, managed to only spend £2.50 as avoided paying £6 for the maze by not buying associated word hunt paperwork!
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Good result on the pumpkins!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business