PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    I have to Older, my thigh measurements were not pleasing! although I did think about treating myself to a Belgian bun today, I did resist! Iwould love a chip butty, with mayo Mmmmmm.

Just waiting for the brown rice to finish cooking, then I can eat, watching Eurovision, doubt U.K will get anywhere, we never do lol.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Options
    Evening all:)

My broadband connection is MIA so apologies in advance if I'm slow to see/respond to posts for another day or so.

Finished up the tortilla wraps at lunchtime and dinner tonight was slow cooked small bit of lamb with green beans and spicy potato wedges. T'was delicious and only spicy potato wedges leftover.

I've also got 10 eggs that need using up in the next week so I'm thinking I could do a frittata with the leftover potatoes and a few bits of sweet pepper? Never made a frittata before but I guess it is just potato and veggies in an egg mix? If anybody has any other ideas for using up the eggs I'd be grateful (bearing in mind I don't have a freezer so have to eat whatever I make quickly) :)
  • ms_night_ryder
    Options
    Older you could make a cake or cookies or both? And I will live through you! There was somebody on this thread who needed to use up 100 eggs. Hopefully they will be along with suggestions.

Meatballs eaten with half brown rice, half easy cook and some of the burrito bean mix, breakfast was beans on ww toast, last of that, rest was put in the freezer, lunch was a burrito, 2 left the other 2 went in the freezer.

Enough burritos and meatballs and bean mix for the next 2 day's lunch and dinner, which is Just as well, as I have college for the next 2 day's so won't feel like cooking, tue or wed will be my shopping day.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Older_But_Not_Wiser Posts: 246 Forumite
    edited 12 May 2014 at 9:14PM
    Options
    Evening all :)

Odds and ends lunch today, leftover spicy potatoes, slightly stale sourdough bread and roasted onion hummus, and a couple of eggs scrambled in the microwave. Wish I could get the hang of uploading photos for you as my scrambled egg grew into a weird looking thing in the microwave, spilling over the sides of the plastic mug I cooked it in. Looked like a sci fi horror creature but I ate it anyway :rotfl:

Slow cooked brisket and veggies for dinner tonight, and delicious it was too. Enough leftover for dinner tomorrow and some brisket sarnies. Yum.

Also got two ys Markus & Spencicus custard tarts for 25p today, one didn't survive the journey home and the other is calling me from the kitchen in seductive tones saying 'eat me now, you know you want to... and it's not wrong;)

How are you all doing with eating up your food stashes?
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Options
    Hello, anyone home?

~watches dust and tumbleweed blow around empty site~

Big party to attend in a fortnight and extremely tight dress to wear so I'm finishing up odd snacks etc that I've got in the house tonight and will be sticking to healthy salads and fruit for a while.
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Where is everyone?

I've not been able to get into the kitchen to cook anything, so just had to snack - but probably back eating proper meals tomorrow.

Next week's meals will be based on using up the frozen HG veg mainly - not a lot left in the freezer now but want to use it up asap.
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Options
    Still here! Out: 2 x slices of bread, scampi. In: six tubs of sausage casserole and 5 x tubs of lamb curry from the great second freezer cook up. I haven't been shopping for six days and am now on a count down to make at least 14 days without food shopping. Plenty of fruit and veg plus the contents of two freezers I have no need to shop.
  • ms_night_ryder
    Options
    hey Older, Kirri and Toolullah.

I am also still here, it's just that I was busy eating leftovers, so didn't want to just keep writing the same thing over again! my fridge was empty yesterday so did a small shop, im quite enjoying sticking to my list and budget, did get £4.50 off again, found that mr s are selling tomato and chilli puree for 20p bargain, didn't get any reductions as I went after training yesterday, I hadn't slept more than 4 hours in 48 hours, so ive been really tired and grumpy!

Older so glad you told me about the hot choc and porridge, I bought some sachets yesterday, just in case I didn't like it, had it this morning and it was yummy! so creamy and not like before.

I have taken bread out of the freezer going to have bread and cream cheese for lunch, dinner will be chicken wings, with a creamy veg pasta, using up some of the wholewheat pasta I still have in the cupboard, frozen veg, kale and cream cheese bought yesterday.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
  • Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Easy meal tonight, I had 1 thing left in the freezer meal wise - a (bought!) Mexican vegan burger, a portion of potatoes I made the other week (cross between patatas bravas and saag aloo as I was using up bits), and griddled a few spears of HG asparagus.

Not much left in the fridge/freezer. Trying to use things up methodically now, more so to tidy the kitchen up than anything. So next to use up will be the squash from the allotment that's sat there since last autumn...
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Options
    Morning all:)

Kirri I had griddled asparagus with ripe gooey brie in a sarnie yesterday and it was delicious (your recent posts gave me the idea). Definitely one I'll do again :T

Off for a dress fitting today in a place that is full of lovely cafes and cakes shops so I'm going to try not to get too carried away while I'm there as I want to eat up the remaining few bits in the fridge tonight. Think I've got a pork chop, some wilting salad and some long-past-its-best squash/green beans in there still. I'll shop today or tomorrow for a few bits to get through the weekend and then I'm going to spend a few days with my lovely Dad.

Glad you liked the chocolate porridge Ms NR, tasty isn't it :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure