Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,944 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I ave not had much food at all yet today only a roast for tea:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,903 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    You'll be fine pOOhsticks if you work out how many syns you've had since WI and then take from 105 so you know how many syns you have left for the rest of the week. Several people, myself & Maman included, use the 105 syns a week formula all the time. For example if it's been 2 days since WI and you had 10 syns first day and 35 yesterday you've had 45 syns so have 60 syns left for 5 days so 12 syns a day, which should be plenty.

Thanks - that makes me feel a bit better. I've not had any syns today so far and a fair bit of speed so if I can do the same tomorrow I shoudl be back on track.

B- raspberry & cranberry muller light
    L - ham salad sandwich (HEB) with extra salad and 35g cheddar (HEA)
    D - beef casserole (potato, swede, leek, red onions, carrot, with 5% fat beef)
    snacks - clementines, grapes, banana
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Thanks - that makes me feel a bit better. I've not had any syns today so far and a fair bit of speed so if I can do the same tomorrow I shoudl be back on track.

B- raspberry & cranberry muller light
    L - ham salad sandwich (HEB) with extra salad and 35g cheddar (HEA)
    D - beef casserole (potato, swede, leek, red onions, carrot, with 5% fat beef)
    snacks - clementines, grapes, banana

You should try to have a few syns each day. The plan says 5-15, although SW now recommend 10 a day in case you c*ck up!

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,632 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    You should try to have a few syns each day. The plan says 5-15, although SW now recommend 10 a day in case you c*ck up!

Denise

denise was responding to Nicki but I think the same applies to you too bubbs . My take is that your body has got used to the plan and you need to try making a few changes. Unless you have 105 syns for picky tea on Saturdays :eek: then you could try having a few (5?) most days just to see if it shakes things up.
    I know you weren't feeling hungry today but do you normally have breakfast and lunch? Do you drink plenty?
    Sorry to be so preachy but just trying to get to the bottom of why you aren't losing much lately. :)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well done everyone on the losses. Think the spreadsheet is all up to date.

Well this weekend I went rather over on my syns. Hormones playing up, and I just couldn't stop eating :(

Weigh in tomorrow, so 2 days of being good.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit and yougurt
    Lunch - LO cauliflower cheese
    Dinner - Fajita bowls (fajitas but with rice instead of wraps)

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - ?
    Syns - some in cheese sauce
    Zebras rock
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    3lb loss for me this week. I'm happy with that.
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Well after the sts last week, I'm happy with -2 this week.

Might be a coincidence, but I do think the tips for measuring milk (thanks kathrynha) and alcohol (thanks maman) have helped - my liver should probably thank you too maman :rotfl:
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mary_hinge wrote: »
    well done guys on the losses! and Tweet I tried on a size 16 coat recently too that fitted and it feels totally amazing! well done!

Morning sickness has really kicked in :( trying to eat little and often!

B: heB(+2 syns) wm toast with 1 scrambled egg and 1/3 tin of tinned tomatoes (2syns for flora light)

hifi bar (3)
    banana, handful of grapes

mayflower curry and rice with added veggies for speed (4 syns)

3 baby bell light for HeA and maybe a yoghurt and 2 satsumas

Haven't got my head around the 2 heB and 2 heA's yet, not feeling like I need them right now but will bear them in mind in weeks to come or if some days I need more.

Hugs to everyone that needs them

Mrs H x

I always have both my HEXAs now, even if I just force down milk, for the calcium. The extra HEXB, I have if I fancy it, you won't need to syn your HiFi bar today though!

A friend sent me a care package when I felt rough in early pregnancy that included ginger sweets and a ginger lipbalm, both of which really helped. I didn't bother synning the sweets, I wasn't keeping enough down!

B - Bacon and mushroom omelette

D - Tuna salad sandwich (4 for mayo plus HEXB) and an apple

T - Spaghetti Bolognese

Probably crisps (5) or a biscuit (4) with my milk before bed

I WILL get weighed tomorrow, forgot this morning :)
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Well done Nicki that's a great loss.

Bubbs I've also been thinking about your slowdown. I had 3-4 weeks where I didn't lose at the end of the last challenge/start of this one. I got going again by being thorough about counting syns and trying to cut carbs a bit. Also putting my meal plans on here each day has really helped. I know you try to avoid carbs anyway and seem to have plenty of speed so not much you can do there. Your dinners always look good but I've also wondered what you eat the rest of the day. I think that our bodies 'rebel' a bit as we get closer to healthy weight and we slow down naturally. As long as you're not gaining every week you're winning.

Yesterdays food to plan and ended on 11 syns for the day. I have a function this evening with a buffet - I have no idea what will be on offer and I'm tempted to eat at home before I go. If I wait I think I'll be hungry and this always results in making poor choices. I'll be having a few drinks too because I have a lift, usually the driver!

Todays menu
    B Bran flakes with yoghurt rasps and honey
    L HM carrot and coriander soup (made yesterday) couple of crispbreads, fruit
    D Might make something with pasta - speedy bolognese or similar

Syns for honey crispbreads alcohol and whatever I eat at the buffet
  • Matron_Midge
    Options
    Hi everyone. I gained 1/2LB at class on Friday morning. Only 1 more weigh in until I go away so that wasn't really what I wanted.
    I've been ill all weekend. A horrid cold with a nasty, chesty cough which has made me feel completely rubbish. Very weak and pathetic.
    Off to drink my lemsip.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport