Slimming for Santa - Slimming World Support Thread 2017

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Well done tweets on your new size:T:T
    beanielou wrote: »
    Great news Tweets on your 16 :j :j

Was this one in Khaki https://www.tesco.com/direct/ff-shower-resistant-shiny-puffer-coat/707-9012.prd :)
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone.

Great loss GTS - I think sometimes there seems to be no reason why we lose, STS or gain on a week by week basis. If you are losing overall then it's working! Well done TIE - it's a busy time of year so I'm sure your husbands weeks away will pass in a flash, and he will be home in good time for Christmas.

Welcome Caterina. I do SW on my own now having joined at the start of the year. I had a 12 week countdown but rarely stayed for group - just not my thing - and I find this lovely thread very helpful and supportive - so stay with us whatever you decide. The books are helpful but there are loads of other online groups that you can check out for ideas, syn values etc. I get your struggle with low fat - I was very much a full fat girl till I had to limit fats for health reasons. I've found now that my tastes have changed massively and prefer lower fat cooking, which isn't the same as ready made food described as low fat.

Todays menu
    Lunch out was a bit of a disaster. I ordered chilli thinking it would be served with rice with a side of tortilla chips and soured cream. The chilli came over the tortilla chips, no rice, parmesan shaved on top and a little pot of soured cream (which I left) so no speed and a boatload of syns! It was very tasty...so I reckon that's probably all my syns for the day.

Tomorrow
    B Porridge with 1 tsp of sugar and fruit
    L HM veg fridge bottom soup
    D Roast gammon SW roasties and various veg.
    I've bought some frozen sprouts this week as I'm the only one in the house that likes them and fresh would be wasted. I've not had them before - are they any good??? Oh and thanks to this thread I had swede mash yesterday, instead of potato, done in the micro - singing swede? - delicious with a lot of black pepper.

Love the coat Tweets!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    esmy~~not so keen on frozen brussels~~but you might like them.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    The coat looks looks lovely & cosy tweets :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Do we have to pay again for books?

I had picky tea with pizza

Mines not:( cant get for love nor apg
    tweets wrote: »
    No yogurts in my fridge I got fed up of them :D

Flip..... I have to admit I am missing FF plain yoghurt, the mullers have a bit of a weird taste, but that is not stopping us making hay!

Tweets, congratulations on achieving skinny minny status with a size 16 whoop whoop, the coat is lovely x
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,945 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2017 at 12:42AM
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    A number of people don't like the Frylight spray but you could spray oil instead and it wouldn't be too many syns.

Welcome, Caterina. I'm one of the ones who doesn't use Frylight, but we've got a 'MISTO' spray from Lakeland that you put oil in and then pump to pressurise so it comes out as a spreay. It means you use far less oil when frying something (we use rapeseed oil and I usually allow 2 syns per spray - equivalent to a teaspoon).

Had a bad day today - we're away for a few days so I couldn't weigh myslef this morning - I'll have to skip a week.

I started Ok with a ham salad sandwich for lunch, with extra salad, but then after a long walk succumbed to stopping in a cafe for fish and chips for tea - I know SW say you can skip the chips, strip off the batter and it's free, but I couldn't resist. And I then rounded it off by having a rock cake afterwards too.

So I reckon that's at least 35 syns :-(

Oh well, tomorrow's another day. Will just have to get back on plan tomorrow and try to be extra good for the next week and hope I've not done too much damage.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,598 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You'll be fine pOOhsticks if you work out how many syns you've had since WI and then take from 105 so you know how many syns you have left for the rest of the week. Several people, myself & Maman included, use the 105 syns a week formula all the time. For example if it's been 2 days since WI and you had 10 syns first day and 35 yesterday you've had 45 syns so have 60 syns left for 5 days so 12 syns a day, which should be plenty.

Ended up having a few drinks last night and ended up on 13.5 syns for the day.

Today's plan will be EE:

B - baked oats; mixed frozen winter fruits, pomegranite seeds, quark
    L - all day breakfast spaghetti - from the SW website
    D - SC chicken; roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots & onions; green beans

HEA - milk as usual
    HEB - porridge oats
    Syns - will decide later

Denise
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you all for welcomes and suggestions! I am going to enrol next weds with the free membership voucher. If I like the group and the consultant I might stay over the Xmas weeks for encouragement and motivation. I would get the reduced over 60 rate anyway, not that's such a reduction though!

Tomorrow and Tues I am visiting a friend so it's not the right time to start but I've identified a weds morning group near me that might work well. Wish me luck!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 December 2017 at 12:49PM
    Options
    Caterina wrote: »
    Tomorrow and Tues I am visiting a friend so it's not the right time to start but I've identified a weds morning group near me that might work well. Wish me luck!

Of course, caterina, that goes without saying:). There's never a good time to start but if this feels right for you then putting it off won't help! The first few weeks can be difficult as there are always non SW friendly things in the freezer and cupboards that need using up (but you could always feed them to your OH!.:D). On top of that Christmas festivities present their own difficulties although personally I stunned my consultant (and myself!) by losing 5.5 lbs between Christmas and New Year when I was getting to target. I think that was partly because I quickly lost a gain from pre Christmas nibbles and because Christmas itself with roast dinner and LOs and pickles and satsumas can be very SW friendly.

We're off to the pub today to watch the football. It's a lunchtime kick off but we've decided to have a snack and have dinner later. So there will be wine syns (hopefully celebratory;)) but the food should be OK.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast with HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with something
    D: roast chicken, SW roast potatoes and BNS, swede & carrot mash, cauli, broccoli, cabbage
    Syns: bread 2.5 (I'll be glad when the hand cut loaf is used up), gravy (not sure how I'll make this yet), possible mayo with JP, wine syns.

After today I should be in control (i.e. able to eat very low syn or free) until Thursday after WI. :)

ETA: I've been thinking about your weightloss plateau bubbs. Do you have any syns other than your 'picky' tea on Saturdays?:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure