Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 July 2017 at 8:17PM
    Options
    oh yeah - I didn't realise their regular saver was a branch based account. :o
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Options
    Well, they're called Kent Reliance but have branches in Southampton and Chichester! So I might be able to get to one of them!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But this is the savings and investments board - they can moan about mortgage rates on the House buying and selling board :)
    Yeah, let's stuff those with mortgages and debts. It makes no differences to the health of society. :(
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2017 at 10:20PM
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Yeah, let's stuff those with mortgages and debts. It makes no differences to the health of society. :(

No offence intended - it was a dry response to pitiful rates for savers on a savings and investments board - we all understand there are two sides to the coin, that's why there are several boards dedicated to MFW, DFW and house buying and selling. Even savers have mortgages and debts (although strictly speaking I believe its not very MSE to have credit debts and savings at the same time)
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No offence intended - it was a dry response to pitiful rates for savers on a savings and investments board - we all understand there are two sides to the coin, that's why there are several boards dedicated to MFW, DFW and house buying and selling. Even savers have mortgages and debts (although strictly speaking I believe its not very MSE to have credit debts and savings at the same time)

You're not a stoozer then, some interesting stories of six figure sums on cards at 0%, netting the individual a few grand a year net.
  • bigadaj
    Options

So you're saying that nearly a decade of near zero interest rates and lax credit has led to a healthier society, I think I'd disagree.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    So you're saying that nearly a decade of near zero interest rates and lax credit has led to a healthier society, I think I'd disagree.
    Non sequitur.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
    Options

Well, with an offset mortgage of 1%, its worth me borrowing money and putting it in savings of 2%.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I thought this was a thread for regular savers? ;)

I'm half-expecting the launch of a new regular saver with all this discussion, only to be disappointed.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • bigadaj
    edited 15 July 2017 at 9:31AM
    Options
    Non sequitur.

No constructive response then.....

Edit - Apologies you must be a fan of corbynomics.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure