Frugal Frump to Fab - 2015

Options

Comments

• Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    edited 26 December 2014 at 12:52PM
    Options
    Morning All

I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. I am glad you managed to get through it fairly well LL. Thank goodness for your boys.

I had a great day with DGD, DS and DDiL coming for breakfast. Mum came round after breakfast and stayed for lunch with DH and I but the others went off to DDiL's Mother for lunch. Mum went home after the Queens Speech and DH and I enjoyed pottering. No TV. I lay on the sofa and read and then went and tidied out DGD's room and put away all the toys and games she is keeping here and sorted out a few bits to drop off at the charity shop.

I got some lovely presents. DH bought me a very large bottle of 'my' perfume and DS bought me the Babyliss Hair Styler I'd been talking about. Mum gave me a pretty necklace -which goes beautifully with some antique earrings I already have. So all presents just what I would have chosen myself and all helping on the Frump to Fab journey.

Today I have work but we are only open for a couple of hours this afternoon then everyone is coming for a buffet tea. Boxing Day is usually my busy day but DD can't come this year so we are saving the celebrations until the end of January when we do Christmas all over again.

I've just tried out my new hairstyler and am pleased with the results. I think I need my hair a bit drier next time but it looks very nice nonetheless. I'm wearing a cream jumper dress with black leggings and black and silver earrings and necklace and black ankle boots.

I did get up at 6.30 this morning intending to do a fitness DVD but foudn I was too tired to bother finding some fitness stuff to wear and sorting out the DVD so went back to bed with a cup of tea for DH and fell asleep till 9am! I am going round to see Mum shortly so shall see if she fancies a brisk walk through the woods before lunch.

Enjoy your day everyone. Welcome to all the new posters.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • I have bought myself a fitbit, I work in an office sat in front of a computer all day. It's so easy to be busy all day, shattered when I get home but have not moved much. I have renewed my online weight watchers subscription and can link with the fitbit. I have an under active thyroid so weight loss is really slow but I'm aiming to be a size 12 rather than a 14 for my birthday in late June (6 months should just about do it - I hope :rotfl:)

Today I'm going to colour my hair - lots of grey at 37 is not the look I'm after, whilst that's sitting on my head plan is to do eyebrows and paint my toenails.

Tomorrow is wardrobe sorting day I have been keeping lots that doesn't fit because I have intended for it to fit again but I have been given some vouchers so I will hopefully have a choice of things yo wear!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries: July stash 72/0 INS/2 UU/0 TA
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Options
    Happy Boxing Day :)

Had a lovely day yesterday, wonderful family time.

Having a PJ day today which is something I very rarely do :D

Like you LL considering we have just had a spend-fest for Xmas this obsession with spending yet more money is crass. The idea of queuing to get into Next for the sale is not my idea of a good time. I am however going to have a nose at the Lush sale but I shan't be spending for the sake of it.

Lovely to see so many new people joining the thread. Welcome aboard.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Boxing Day to all our readers!!;) So good to see new people joining in and good to read your plans for 2015. I need to come up with some of my own.

When I joined, I felt like an invisible bag lady now my self esteem is at an all time high. I keep asking myself why I didn't do this before.

I'd definitely say that losing weight was what helped the most, probably because being overweight was what made me most miserable. There are numerous ways of tackling it, I chose Slimming World because it gave me a structure.

We had a quiet day yesterday, just DH and I, DD1 and DGD1. Not feeling 100% as DH has kindly passed on his chesty cold germs. So we had a great lunch, DGD opened her presents (we don't do adult ones any more) and then played cards in the evening. Today everyone's doing their own thing. Teenage DGD is still asleep, DD1 is pampering in the bath, DH reading the paper and I'm catching up with virtual friends!:D
  • Rose_Wood
    Options
    I too found losing weight has been the best thing I did Maman. I realised a couple of years ago that the only thing really that would improve my life (as I'm pretty contented) was not to win the lottery or anything like that but to lose weight. I lost about 4 stone and have kept most of it off. I have gone up a bit and would ideally like to lose that again - hence my signature - but am still fairly slim and much fitter than I ever was. I'm wearing size 10 clothes at the moment but at 5 foot I would ideally like to drop to just under 9 stone again and get back into size 8.

The other thing that has really improved my self esteem is to spend a bit more on my hair and make sure it is cut regularly to keep it looking good. I also have highlights put in every 12 weeks or so.

Rose
    Target 8st 12lbs

Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • jo41
    jo41 Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all, can I please join? This sounds like a great idea.
    I am going to think about what I want to achieve and then I'll post my plans.
    Happy Boxing Day! x
  • msgnomey
    msgnomey Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    Hello!:hello:

Well I am inspired by what I have read so far so I'll join you if I may?

Off to do my nails and find some perfume! Have also finally got round to phoning my hairdresser and booked for a cut and blow dry on Tuesday :j:j:j
    Go hopefully into each new day, enjoy something from every day no matter how small, you never know when it will be your last
  • Hewie29
    Hewie29 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

I'm coming back on board again!!
    I've really really got to lose some weight in 2015, as a family we want to go somewhere hot for our summer holiday and I am NOT going looking like I do.
    I now have over 6 stone to lose and I think another poster has about the same amount to lose, so perhaps we can support each other.
    I hope everyone has has an enjoyable christmas?
    Popped to the sales today, it was so busy we didn't really get a chance to look at much, but I did get some black boots for £15 which I needed so that was good.
    Will catch up later x
    Chiari Brain Malformation - decompression survivor
    April 2013:j
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. Count me in too.

I will come back and read the thread, but I need my beauty sleep, it's off to brush my teeth, cleanse my face and pop a moisture mask on before bed.
  • Rose_Wood
    Options
    Morning All,

I have woken up sneezing so seem to have succumbed to the cold I have been trying to fight off all week. I think the fact I had to work later than normal last night didn’t help.

Yesterday I took Mum shopping as she goes stir crazy if she can’t get out regularly and there were no buses. I took the opportunity of spending some of my Christmas money – I had £40. I bought a new black leather handbag for £14 and 2 dresses from the charity shop for £4.50 each. The handbag is the perfect size as I don’t like big bags but my old one is too small for all the keys I seem to have ended up having to carry this year – mine, work, Mum, DS. I’d been using a big one I had but it had been annoying me as it was too big. This one is quite compact but fits in purse, card wallet, phone, mini umbrella, 3 big bunches of keys and even my Kindle, has a carry handle but also a cross body strap and everything is separated into compartments so I’m not rummaging for my purse all the time.

The two dresses I bought were both black and white. One is a Per Una jersey dress with long sleeves and V neck which is black with white circle designs on it. It was calf length but I chopped it off under the bust, cut off six inches or so and reattached it so it is now knee length but has kept the swirly skirt. I may turn the bit I’ve cut off into a ruched band to go over the join but it looks ok without it as I wore it for work last night with black tights and black court shoes. It needs a camisole under it to make the neckline less revealing for work but I was pleased with the result. The other is a Phase Eight shift dress with black and white stripes. Unfortunately, it is sleeveless but will look good with a short black cardigan and worn again with black tights. I’d like some knee length black boots with a low heel to wear for work but apart from that I don’t really need anything else. I have already sorted my wardrobe out to get rid of some stuff to the charity shop but need to go through again and see if I can cull anything else as I try to work on a one in one out principle.

My hair is still looking good after using the Babyliss styler. I only wash it every couple of days so haven’t had another go yet. I’ve just got out of the bath and am still in my dressing gown so may go and have a bit of an eyebrow tidy and pedicure before I get dressed.

I’ve drawn up a chart in my new Household Diary/Planner to fill in weight and vital statistics on the first of each month in the hope it will help keep me focussed on getting trimmer. There’s no more chocolate in the house so I’m trying to eat healthily already so that the New Year entry starts off well.

Hope everyone old and new is enjoying their Frump to Fab journey.

Rose
    Target 8st 12lbs

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure