Oops I did it again, I played with my cards!

Options

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I sold the kids shoes they'd outgrown on ebay recently. They did quite well!! I was surprised considering what the postage cost but they still got several bids!

Good luck :D
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    emmie26 wrote: »

ES I do have some emergency savings, I have £1800 which have never mentioned in case everyone said I should pay it off the debt :o £1800 is a months wages for me so thought this would be enough, what do you reckon?

That is a reasonable size emergency fund. When the debt is gone you should aim for 3-6 months expenses. I would not use it to pay off the debt.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks enthusiastic saver, I will definitely do this in 2020 when I am debt free :T
    I sold the kids shoes they'd outgrown on ebay recently. They did quite well!! I was surprised considering what the postage cost but they still got several bids!

Good luck :D

Oh that's good then I really didn't think people would pay for the postage, I've got 5 pairs out of the cupboard. The walking boots need washing I've not put them in the washing machine yet because it will make a racket so I'll put them in while we are out tomorrow.

I've ordered the merlin voucher and my BIL is going to send over £100 :T only problem is he might send it to my DH's account so I'll have to get it back :cool:

My DH has been food shopping tonight as he was sick of the fridge being empty, however when I asked if he had spent all the money he said he hadn't used the grocery money because he realised he had taken some of the cash out before we went on holiday :mad: we usually draw the £300 cash out at the beginning of the month and leave it in a separate wallet, we are both terrible for dipping into it when we need cash :o trouble is we then don't know if we've stuck to the budget. Next month I am making sure nobody uses it, because I'm going to hide it :D

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Emmie,

3 sizes in 6 months :eek:, hope you can make some money from the old shoes.

Hope DH didn't spend too much money last night! My DH spent £10 in Mr T's on face wash and jelly today :eek:. I pointed out to him that thats a 1/4 of how much I spent on lots more in Mr Al's yesterday... men :mad: xx
    Mummytogirls x

• emmie26
    Options
    Afternoon Emmie,

Hope DH didn't spend too much money last night! My DH spent £10 in Mr T's on face wash and jelly today :eek:. I pointed out to him that thats a 1/4 of how much I spent on lots more in Mr Al's yesterday... men :mad: xx

I don't know how much he spent but it came out of his own spends for the month :T

Yesterday was a bit of an expensive day £37 on petrol which is £3 under budget for the month. This budget may have to go up as I'm doing loads more miles at work and so may need a bit more, however I will get a mileage payment from work so hopefully it will work out.

I also put £41.25 on the dinner money accounts, the children only have dinners once a week as a treat, I have budgeted £24 a month, however there is a minimum amount you can put on my DS's card so I decided to put enough on to last them until they break up for summer, so that should be the last time I have to top them up until September :T I have got £20 a month on school trips and as there are no school trips this month I'm going to use that and then put double in the kitty next month.

Today I have spent £1.50 on eggs from someone at work and £5 on the tea and coffee kitty, I have added the £5 a month into my budget, it's £1 a week but I'll allow for a 5 week month .

Tonight we have had a special treat, my MIL had brought all the ingredients and prepared a meal and left it in the kitchen for my children. She wrote down the instructions for how to cook it and then my children (mainly my DD) have cooked a 3 course meal for me and DH for our wedding anniversary. They laid the table and put flowers in a vase, it was very cute. They also served us some prosecco and only called me into the kitchen when they needed help to get something out of the oven. It was a lovely and a perfect gift, it was much better than eating out, they even cleaned the kitchen afterwards. :)

debt reduced by 32%
  • emmie26
    Options
    Today's spends

£20 on a birthday present for children's party
    £4 shampoo and conditioner
    £1.80 cards

25.80 total

This leaves me with around £55 to last the month.

debt reduced by 32%
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Last night sounds like it was a lovely treat :D

Have you managed to get your ebay listings on?

Have a lovely day :D
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What lovely children (and MIL).
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • emmie26
    Options
    Last night sounds like it was a lovely treat :D

Have you managed to get your ebay listings on?

Have a lovely day :D

I haven't got my eBay listings on I'm nervous :rotfl:I have washed the walking boots and they are just drying, I am determined to do it tomorrow though. I always find Sunday is a good day for eBay.

I'm having a quite lazy day (again) hope you are having a good one xx

debt reduced by 32%
  • emmie26
    Options
    What lovely children (and MIL).

Thanks, they really are lovely, they all have their moments but they are all forgotten after that lovely treat :)

debt reduced by 32%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills