Oops I did it again, I played with my cards!

Options

Comments

• Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    emmie26 wrote: »
    What a flippin day!! Yesterday my DH was supposed to pick my DD up from school but said I might have to get her if he needed to work late because of some big health and safety inspection, in the afternoon I tried calling and texting to see if I needed to pick her up and there was no reply so I assumed that I did and rushed from work to get her, only to find her no where to be seen, I had teachers looking for her but nobody knew where she was. I called home and my DH said he had got her and his phone wasn't working :mad::mad:
    Today my DH was picking up except I forgot I'd asked my mum last week to collect her :o:o so today my DH has been in school looking for her and my mum had her!! The school must think that we are nuts :rotfl:

To be honest though this is just a sign of my disorganised life. I work full time in a full on job, so does my DH and then I'm a cub leader in my spare time as well as organising get togethers for friends and it my poor family that get the raw deal. Tonight I was supposed to cook chilli for tea but didn't have half the ingredients, I did cook spaghetti bolognese but im just frustrated with myself. The cupboards, fridge and freezer are literally bare and there is hardly any money left in the food kitty, with more than ten days to go until the budget starts again.

Sorry for miserable post, I just wish I was a good housewife and more organised :(
    What a performance! Don't be hard on yourself - full time work takes up a lot of headspace. And as someone with children who adore cubs and beavers, I have eternal gratitude towards anyone who gives up their precious free time to run the groups. DH and I were having a total rant earlier as he is the only parent to have volunteered to help out with either group this half term (they need helpers for water nights - sea scouts). Such a shame people can't be bothered to give up their time once every six weeks so that these amazing activities can continue.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow we are sea scouts too!

I'm so frustrated with myself tonight, I'll be fine tomorrow I'm sure, as I'm writing this the children are sat painting at the kitchen island and I figure they will survive this chaotic house :rotfl:

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    We all wish for that. Welcome to the club. You now know you have company.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    emmie26 wrote: »
    Wow we are sea scouts too!

I'm so frustrated with myself tonight, I'll be fine tomorrow I'm sure, as I'm writing this the children are sat painting at the kitchen island and I figure they will survive this chaotic house :rotfl:
    I reckon they'll make it through ;)
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • emmie26
    Options
    We all wish for that. Welcome to the club. You now know you have company.

Thank you, after yesterdays disaster, today I decided I needed to make some changes. I have surgically removed my phone/iPad from my vice like grip and decided to limit myself to 30mins morning and night, to quickly check Facebook, news and most importantly mse :money: I just do not have the time to waste as much as I have been doing!

Last night I cleaned out the kitchen cupboards to see what food I actually did have and I now have a meal plan to last us until the weekend. Tonight we had a pork stir fry using up some meat from the freezer and a sachet of sauce and some noodles I found in the cupboard, tomorrow I am making a cottage pie as we have a big bag of potatoes and some mince in the freezer, Friday I am doing a fish pie, this will again use the potatoes and some frozen fish. I am a bit stuck for Saturday, maybe egg and chips (with the potatoes) but we are going to the in laws Sunday, so will be fed there. I have about £12 of the grocery budget left and we have got to make it until 25th, it is not looking too promising.

Tonight I have had my hair done which cost £62, I am leaving it 7 weeks until I next have it done, which means my hair budget will not be used next month so have £60 to maybe add to the Christmas budget. I have been thinking about the budget and because I have started in June my Christmas budget will only be half full at Christmas so I could do with finding an extra £50 a month until Christmas to make sure that it has enough in. At least July's £50 is covered now.

To do list tomorrow:

> Get up at before 6 to make sure I have enough time to prep cottage pie before work.
    > get a load of washing on in the morning
    > stick to the 1hr of Internet.
    > carry on cleaning out cupboards (10 more mins)

debt reduced by 32%
  • emmie26
    Options
    Well I slept through my alarm doh :rotfl: what a great start!!

I woke at 6.30 but I have managed to make the children some American pancakes for breakfast and then I've just made the cottage pie, I'm just waiting for the potatoes and carrots to cook and then I'll assemble it. My internet time has had to be cut to a quick 10 mins to make up for my lie in :o

Today should be a nsd, it's lovely and sunny and I am out of the office all day seeing lovely people in their homes, so feeling really good - oh and for one morning I've managed to be a good housewife :D

debt reduced by 32%
  • emmie26
    Options
    Well my cottage pie went down a storm, my DH was in such a good mood tonight because I'd made it before work (I always say I'll do things and then run out of time, so I think he was in shock) and we had a chilled out evening until I went to cubs... I am still owed £30 from one of the parents, which is driving me mad, I am looking forward to doing my first end of month statement and I want that £30 paid off one of the cards, I have been promised that he will give it to me next week! I am not counting on it until it is in my grubby mitt.

Tomorrow our new car is going in for its 1st service, I have absolutely no idea how much it will cost, I did ask the guy at the garage and he said he wasn't sure :cool: I'm hoping it is no more than £150, which is more than I've got in the budget but I can borrow a bit of xmas budget and pay it back next month :o

I am hoping for a sunny weekend because I want to do some painting in the garden. 3 years ago I made some pallet furniture and painted it black, it did look fab but it is looking like a pile of pallets at the moment and as we are having a new patio done next week I want to give them a lick of paint so they don't look out of place. My MIL asked if we were finally getting rid of them (she hates them) but I love it, I got some foam and made covers and we have some massive cushions from ikea along the back. We have spent many an evening sitting in the garden with a g&t and they are so comfy, so I'm going to just space them up a little. My DH said we have the paint in the shed so I'm just hoping it is still ok because I don't want to spend any money.

I am really counting down until pay day at the min, I can't wait, I want to update my signature but until the last few things have gone out of the account and I have got to the end of the month I darent.

debt reduced by 32%
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Hope the car service is cheap! Pallet furniture sounds ace, I was admiring some on Pinterest just the other day. We used to have an amazing old sofa (inside) that my MIL hated so much that she gave us £500 on the condition that we used it exclusively for a new sofa when we moved house a couple of years ago :rotfl: . She only visits about twice a year and it bothered her that much.
  • emmie26
    Options
    Haha TOPM - I hope my MIL hates it that much, I could do with £500 although I would put it towards an outside table that she could sit at and keep the pallet furniture ;)

Had such a hectic morning today, got up and made the fish pie for tonight, put a load of washing on and put a clean load away, tidied and brushed the floor all through downstairs and then took the car to the garage before taking DD to school. I am after some brownie points from my DH, we are going to see some of my family tonight and I want him to drive so I can have a drink :beer:

Happy Friday!!

debt reduced by 32%
  • emmie26
    Options
    Well car service was £156 which DH paid, he will put less into the joint account on pay day to compensate for this. I have £500 budgeted for both cars maintenance for the year, as this is the new car I'm hoping we don't have to spend any more on this one and the £350 will pay for service and mot of the older car.

I have spent £5.60 of my money on a bottle of wine tonight to take to see family, this leaves me with £32 of my budget to last the rest of the month.

We did get to speaking about next years may half term holiday and it looks like the cottage we will stay in will cost us around £850, I have budgeted £2500 for holidays throughout the year, so essentially if we go away in May it means we have no chance of a holiday abroad next year :( I think I've been living in dream world thinking we could do it all, let's hope it's just for the one year and maybe 2019 we can go abroad again. I think me expecting all these things has what has got us into this mess, as though a holiday abroad is a necessity :rotfl:

Right I'm off to get a quick cuppa and I'm determined to have an early night because I've got such a busy day planned for myself tomorrow, I think I'll try and do another load of washing before bed so that I can peg it out first thing and make the lost of the sun.

debt reduced by 32%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills