Oops I did it again, I played with my cards!

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on the updated budget! It's worth the work isn't it.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How lovely of your MIL and children Emmie, really warmed my heart!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Well done on the updated budget! It's worth the work isn't it.

It really is, I'm obsessed with my excel spreadsheet at the moment and every time I need something that isn't on the budget I slot in another cheeky category. I am such a saddo:rotfl:

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • emmie26
    Options
    How lovely of your MIL and children Emmie, really warmed my heart!!! xx

It really was, I spent the night feeling really proud and happy, they have their moments but come good in the end! It was such a good night we both dressed up although I'm not used to drinking much so I did get a case of uncontrollable narcolepsy after the meal and fell asleep with my mouth open, most probably drooling #sexy :rotfl:

debt reduced by 32%
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: Emmie!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,608 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What a lovely thing for your MIL and children to do for you. A very MSE way of celebrating your anniversary and one you will probably remember many years from now when you can afford to splash out on a fancy restaurant. More expensive does not necessarily mean better.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • emmie26
    Options
    What a lovely thing for your MIL and children to do for you. A very MSE way of celebrating your anniversary and one you will probably remember many years from now when you can afford to splash out on a fancy restaurant. More expensive does not necessarily mean better.

I'm thinking they may regret it in a few years because I'm pondering making it an annual tradition, as we are on the cusp of moody teenagers I'm not sure I fancy my chances though!!

debt reduced by 32%
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Belated Wedding Anniversary wishes to you both and well done to everyone who helped organise/cook you both a meal (cheaper than going out :) )

Has the £80 appeared in your account yet
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • emmie26
    Options
    Radish72 wrote: »
    Belated Wedding Anniversary wishes to you both and well done to everyone who helped organise/cook you both a meal (cheaper than going out :) )

Has the £80 appeared in your account yet

No but I plucked up the courage to message on Friday and ask where it was and she said it hadn't been sent (she had asked her husband and he had forgotten to do it) I am seeing her today and she is going to give me the cash :T
    I got £30 of owed cash on Thursday and the final £30 owed is being given to me next Thursday and then I should be all set until the next time I organise something :o

We had an impromptu and very rare night out last night, both children were invited to friends houses for sleepovers and so, as it was world gin day (who knew there was such a thing) we felt it only right to celebrate this sacred day at a local gin bar. DH paid, I did offer him £20 before we went out but he said he was ok so all I paid for was £5 for the taxi home :)

We did almost have a row on the way out because I had stripped both my own purse and his pockets of change to put into various jars, as part of my new budget :o I then drove into town and overnight parking was £1 which neither of us had, so I had to drive home (it's not far) and grab a £1 out of my car tax jar :rotfl: he was not happy.

Today I have got to fetch the children and then we need to clear our patio as some final building work is being done next week when our new patio is being laid (it's all paid for as part of building work of extension) we have had to wait for ages as our builders have been so busy and then eventually the work has had to go to someone else. Let's hope they are good.

Tonight I am going to a health spa with friends, which was organised ages ago and is paid for. I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends, that's been the worst thing about the new job I feel like I haven't had a good gossip all week and there has not been one innuendo spoken - that will all change tonight :j

debt reduced by 32%
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely day :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing