Warning - Brew It Yourself (aka The Online Shopping Co)

Options

Comments

• room512
    room512 Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tarmac--- wrote: »

I've been making a good amount of Turbo Cider since waiting for my order. Oh and larger Tescos seems to be selling Wherry for £19.99. It'll come up £21.99 on the till - just call the manager over. :)

Or just pay the £21.99 and then go to customer services and get DTD! (double the difference)
  • Beamer525
    Options
    macma wrote: »
    What have we all been ordering ? Do you think it's everything "out of stock" or just certain things.
    My order was for Solomon Grunday gold merlot and gold chardonnay 30 bottle kits.:)

I have 2 outstanding orders order 1 was 4 items with 3 items available and 1 order for 2 items with 1 item available,so 2 orders and 4/6 items available.Both items are due in today,they were also due in on the 31st Jan,4th,9th Feb as well so will see.Mostly beer kits ordered .Have wine kits improved over the years?
  • kondormid
    Options
    I'm just wondering why nearly all of the complaints are from Newbies, makes me think someone has something personal against this company.......................................

4 weeks so far and still no sign, they just keep pushing my order further back. I paid for the shipping too!

Well, I think you will agree I am certainly not newbies and neither for that fact were most of the complaints made before your post. septemberblues that was certainly a strange post.

Terrible compnay, do not order from them. I am still waiting for an order I placed with them middle of Jan. They keep moving the delivery date back, constantly, trying to make me believe my order will be with me soon.

There is a very good home brew shop online which is called "the-home-brew-shop.co.uk". I am not telling you to use that one instead, but I am advising that people check out the differences between that company and the one running brew-it-yourself.

Brew it yourself.
    Took me a while to find their address, no phone number and if you are thinking of searching one out they remind you quite clearly that they will not deal with any complaints on the phone anyway. A mail order company that does not allow people to pick up from their offices.

Compare it to other online brew shops.
    Use ones that promote their phone number/numbers. Do they allow you to pick up from them personally? Sure you may not want to, but it gives you an idea of how the company operates. Do they have a real shop?

I have used both of the above shops several times. The difference between them is night and day. I am not telling you where to shop as I am sure there are many good honest homebrew companies online. But I am warning you where not to shop, brew it yourself is a disgrace and once you get past its edited forum and special offers and look for contact details and refund/cancelation policies you will soon see what I mean.

I will update this from time to time to let you know when my order finally arrives. I am not overly bothered because I am using a better supplier now. But it might help someone in the future.

Just don't use "brew it yourself", they are a disgrace.
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 February 2012 at 11:18AM
    Options
    My order due for dispatch today has AGAIN been put back to 22nd Feb :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Has anybody ever had a refund ?
    I think perhaps I should try and cancel
  • kondormid
    Options
    macma,
    just so you know there is no wine kits on my order, it is all beer kits. I can post you a good recepie for a "cranberry red" I make from time to time (which is gorgeous)

for one gallon
    1ltr cranberry juice (aldi)
    1ltr red grape juice (aldi)
    750g sugar
    juice of half a lemon
    cup of strong tea (made with two tea bags)

Top it up with water to the shoulder with water. When it has almost finished top up to the neck.

Use a fermention stopper and some kwik clear to finish it off.
  • Beamer525
    Options
    macma wrote: »
    My order due for dispatch today has AGAIN been put back to 22nd Feb :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Has anybody ever had a refund ?
    I think perhaps I should try and cancel

!!!!!! just checked mine after your post and yes 22nd Feb,quite remarkable .No doubt stuff that is available will become out of stock in the meantime.:beer:(should be empty glasses)
  • kondormid
    Options
    And mine has gone 22nd Feb too, so that will be 5 weeks from me ordering to them dispatching.

It seems they have no stock and are running sales promotions like crazy trying to get as many orders in as possible.

I am getting seriously worried about the future of this company. Does anyone else get the feeling it is going to suddenly shut down on us?
  • Beamer525
    Options
    Have just cancelled both my orders via their online forms,so no doubt this will drag on.I thought there was some law regarding long distance selling (online shopping)about if goods are not delivered within 28 days.
    I believe you can also do a chargeback with visa debit payments.
  • kondormid
    Options
    Where is the online form for canceling? and how do I chargeback?
  • macma
    macma Posts: 911 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just cancelled and asked for a refund (left handside of home page under contact us> online help)
    I want to do chargeback but we're with Barclays and I've been round and round their site, typed chargeback in the search box and it said "do you mean bareback":rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Many of their helplines are charged so may have to go into the branch,but we're waiting in today for a delivery from a different homebrew company (http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/index.html) who took my order online day before yesterday and are delivering today :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure