Thistle's Mission

Options

Comments

• Thistle-down
    Options
    Hi Thistle. You can cancel your Amazon Prime now so you don't forget and your free trial will still run for the month. I've done it a few times.

Tina x

Thank you so much!!! :T
    :happylove
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    It's moving day today, so I will not plan on trying to get anything else done. It's hard to believe that my sweet baby is old enough to go out into the world on his own. I'm glad he's only 1 1/2 hours away and will come home on the train at least once a month.

Slimming World went out the window, I will start it properly tomorrow. Some of DS's friends came over and stayed late so we ordered pizza and had a little impromptu party. I didn't stuff myself but I'm sure it was far more than I should have had.

I'm glad my daughter will still be here for a few more years, otherwise something like this might happen....

ha16a42ea.jpg
  • Hope the move goes well.

Love the photo lol :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Good luck with the move.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Thistle-down Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 18 September 2016 at 9:51AM
    Options
    Thank you Pmo2 and Dolly!

The move did go well. My son suffers from anxiety among other things and was a bit worried about sharing accommodation with three people he didn't know. Mr Thistle and I were hoping he would not stay in his room all the time, getting depressed and feeling isolated, as he has been known to do in the past.

We only met one of the flatmates - a very cocky, handsome, charming lad who seemed to intimidate our son, but after Mr Thistle and I left, the two of them went off for a pint and got on like a house on fire. They went back to the flat and met the other two girls, my son said they were both really nice but very awkward and shy. He said he felt like they were intimidated by him them a bit, which made me smile. They all went out to a student function and had a great time. Hopefully they will all get along in the long term. We are just so happy that DS went out right away, and are hoping that he will continue and make lots of new friends. He seems determined to make the most of this opportunity and some independence will probably do his wonders for his confidence.

Today I must get on and list things on ebay. I am supposed to be going to an afternoon session but I may give it a miss - it's really fun and about 5 mins walk from our house but I really need to accomplish something today. I'll have to see how I get on, maybe there will be time to do both...
  • Aw that's so good.

They will all likely have been feeling exactly the same, glad they all went out & had fun.

They will have such a great experience.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thanks Dolly. Considering a couple of years ago we were wondering if DS would ever be able to leave home and manage life on his own, this is a major step forward for him. It was his choice to leave the county rather than go to a uni he could commute to from home. He seems much happier and more control of things. He was recently discharged from CAHMS, so we have high hopes that this is just the beginning of a new, wonderful life for him. It's so lovely that people can totally reinvent themselves at uni and become the person they have always wanted to be.

I've done the dishes and laundry, walked Thistlepup and am settling down for a good few hours of listing things on eBay. I'm giving the session a miss as I really need to bring in some money by the end of the week. I'm going to busk tomorrow and again on either Wednesday or Thursday, hopefully with that and eBay sales, everything will get paid on time.
  • So glad the move went well, I'm sure your DS will have a great time.

Good luck with the listing.
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thank goodness nextyeartina mentioned cancelling the Amazon Prime early. They only went and charged my card the £79 fee, and say they will refund it now that I've cancelled, less the fee for September. How this is a free trial, I don't know. I am not very happy, it probably says somewhere in the small print that you will now be charged upfront for the "free trial" but I didn't see it. We need the money to pay the rent so if it is not refunded promptly, we might be in trouble. :mad:

I have managed to list £160 worth of things, though whether or not they will sell is another matter. I priced things just below what other people were listing them for, but still at a good price for me.

I have sold another item for £14.95 :j
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    The gods of busking are against me - my throat is really sore. I'm tired and achy too, with a bit of a headache. I'd like to go back to bed. Instead I will sort through a few more things in the dining room and see if there is anything I can easily put on ebay.

It's our wedding anniversary today, and we received £65 all together in our cards. That will help out with the rent, neither of us are bothered about going out for a meal, etc. and we'll both be glad to get the bills paid. I'll put it in the bank account when I go to the post office.

Not much else planned for today, it's grey and wet outside, kind of how I'm feeling inside. I am going to pick up the library books and post the item I sold yesterday. I need to put the prepay energy meters in our name - I only realised that after living here for well over a year, that they are still in a previous tenant's name. I'm hoping to connect them to something like a nectar card, we spend enough on the meters so may as well try and get something back...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport