Thistle's Mission

Options

Comments

• joeyjimbles
    Options
    Dolly is absolutely right - do go get checked out. It has been very humid lately so it might be dehydration, but best to know.

And well done. Many Kon-verts speak of gazing into their undies drawer for quiet satisfaction. You said that you don't think you could do such a big undertaking every week, and that's what I found. Doing it in smaller stages works for me.
    No, not everything is sorted - in fact currently two rooms look like we've been burgled but we are getting there and I can (sort of) see progress.

Hope all ok at Drs.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• Thistle-down
    Options
    Thank you both!

My ECG was ok, the Dr said it could be down to changing hormones or my thyroid, so a lot of blood was taken and I now have an apt for the results. She did say if it became much worse or if I had any pain with it in the meantime, to call 999 and get an ambulance to the hospital. If it was a heart attack or similar, they have the equipment in the ambulance to start treatment immediately.

I'm going to take it easy for a bit, take the dog for a gentle stroll and sort out dinner. No decluttering today.
    :happylove
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Have just found your diary and am subscribing! Love the picture! I would keep the door open too!
    Take it easy and hope you are feeling a bit better now xxx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thanks Smolly! :heart2:
  • nextyeartina
    Options
    Rest plenty Thistle

Tina x
    The £1,000 emergency fund challenge #163 - £536.16/£1000
  • Hope you are feeling better.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Thank you! I had a few flutters in the night but nothing serious and they soon settled down. I'm feeling ok this morning. I'm going to cut back on my coffee drinking though, I usually have 2-3 cups during the day. I'll have one in the morning and stick to tea after that.

No decluttering planned for today, I need to take my son to get the things he needs for his accommodation at uni. He received a cheque from his grandma to pay for it all, thank goodness! The Factory Shop, Boyes, and Yorkshire Trading are all within 100 metres of our house, so we don't have to go far. I'm going to get some of what he needs from our kitchen, we have more than we need and it'll save him some money. I guess that counts as a tiny bit of decluttering! :p

Aside from that, I'm just going to do some basic tidying up, nothing exciting.

Another ebay item sold and posted - my dresser fund is now over £15! Saving 20% of the profit is working well, I transfer it straight into my savings account where I can't spend it and the rest goes into the joint account for bills. This bodes well for the house deposit as the savings account is in my name only - Mr Thistle has no idea what's in it and in all likelihood has forgotten about it completely. He's the one who would want to spend it on a perceived 'emergency', I'm just happy to let it build up...
  • Ah glad you are feeling better, cutting out the coffee should defo help.

I would totally count that as decluttering! You 're saving your Son money too which is great & will hopefully stick in his mind & encourage him to make good financial choices for himself later.

That's great you sold another item.

My DH has no idea about the savings either so I will keep a track of that & just keep the figures on the down low.

Dxxx
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    We spent about £125 of DS's money but think he will have what he needs, to start off with anyway. I managed to get him a good stainless steel saucepan for £6.99 because it had a dent in the knob handle on the lid. I had to ask, but it worked!

Why are the uni housing beds 4ft/small doubles? I know they are more comfy than a single but no one carries that size sheets or mattress protectors around here. I called 9 stores and not one of them stocked them. In the end I ordered them from Amazon and used a Prime free trial so they will get here before we leave on Saturday. Now I just need to remember to cancel the Prime so I am not charged... :o
  • That's good, hopefully he will manage with what he has.

Good for you asking, I always do stuff like that.

Oh god knows why they do that, just have a standard size to make like easier people!

Yeah set yourself a reminder to cancel that, 79.00 is a lot of money if you are not going to use is regularly.

We use the Prime for Top Gear, I do use the free delivery & the Amazon music so doesn't feel so bad cos I get the use out of it!

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport