Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's cold here too Lucky. When our kids were little we always used to go on holiday (Devon/Cornwall) the first week in September as the weather was always good. I think the seasons have shuffled forward a bit since then and Autumn starts in August now. Hope you enjoyed your bums and tums and you don't hurt too much!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    DH had another seizure a wee while ago. He managed 6 weeks this time so better than previous times, but nowhere near the 27 week record. He is asleep now but very jerky still so I'm on tenterhooks for another and can't see me sleeping much tonight. He was a little confused earlier tonight and said he was tired, but I still wasn't expecting a seizure.

Oh jeez, DS2 just had a nightmare and was screaming the house down which woke his brother up. While I was trying to sort that out, DH staggered out of our bedroom and was wandering aimlessly across the top of the stairs :eek:. Got him back into bed but I think I may have a heart attack!!
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Oh no PLMBL, hope the night was ok after that! Hope you managed some sleep xx
    Mummytogirls x

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks Mummy. I managed about 4 hours in total. No more seizures but DH has a headache this morning and is quite down (as usual after a seizure). Feel a bit wobbly myself but I think it's just lack of sleep Xx
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    DH had another seizure a wee while ago. He managed 6 weeks this time so better than previous times, but nowhere near the 27 week record. He is asleep now but very jerky still so I'm on tenterhooks for another and can't see me sleeping much tonight. He was a little confused earlier tonight and said he was tired, but I still wasn't expecting a seizure.

Oh jeez, DS2 just had a nightmare and was screaming the house down which woke his brother up. While I was trying to sort that out, DH staggered out of our bedroom and was wandering aimlessly across the top of the stairs :eek:. Got him back into bed but I think I may have a heart attack!!

Huge hugs darling. Maybe a stair gate would be useful for times like these?

Hope everyone is feeling ok today.

thinking of you all

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Never even thought of that Mrs H, thank you. It was like a bad Carry On film last night with all the shenanigans, but it certainly wouldn't have been funny if he'd fallen down the stairs.

I'm absolutely wrecked. Took DS1 to Parkour, looked after MiL's dog as she was out on a date and visited my cousin in her new home. DH has been very snappy and I'm fed up of it. DS2 has been challenging too (due to lack of sleep probably), and I just want to go to bed and sleep :(.

DH says he can remember being 'in' the seizure which is new.
  • Brightspark87
    Options
    Hi lucky sorry to hear about another seizure. Perhaps the fact he can remember things is a sign that his brain is healing? I'm not sure but I know that it sounds like you have had a tough time! I hope you have something planned for when the boys are back at school? (Not that you are wishing them away but a long summer holiday without a break for you must mean 'lucky' time is hard to come by!) x

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Sparky, lucky time sounds awesome :rotfl:. We are definitely going back to the gym and getting the house back in order, but hopefully some R&R too. It's my birthday this week so hopefully lucky time will be compulsory :D.

Last day of the holidays today :(. Got everything crossed this school year will be better than last. 7 weeks til the next half term and counting!

DH had a lie in this morning which isn't usual for him normally, but is very usual post seizure. He's been less snappy today though thank goodness.
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Oh no Lucky, sorry to hear DH had another seizure. :(

Not sure about a stair-gate as a safety device for adults though - have almost fallen over the top of one m'self when wobbly (more than once!). Would it be possible to box in the stairs and fit a door instead? An advantage would be keeping heat where it's most needed during the winter.

Good luck getting the lads off to school on time tomorrow - if they moan, tell them they've had an extra week compared to kids around here [down South], and my mate's children in Scotland started back three weeks ago.

My internet is playing up, so in case I'm not around on your special day - Happy Birthday in advance! :)
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You know you never cease to amaze me. You do SO MUCH and cope with so much. And you still don't think you do enough. There is no way I could keep up with you I am in awe. But thanks for that bum kick I needed, you know the last one you gave me. Because of that I am starting an Admin course next week. Not a very high level one, but it gives me my first bit qualification paper. So thanks mate
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback