Cheap Airport Parking: Gatwick Airport hints, tips and local parking

Options

Comments

• CAE
    CAE Posts: 644 Forumite
    Options
    mr_grohl wrote: »
    Cophall Farm, Great service, been using them 10 years.
    Professional family run business, been around for decades.
    THat's a cheap place that you can trust

Another satisfied user of Cophall Farm parking.
  • Ivan66
    Ivan66 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi, park for free a mile or 2 away from the terminal. Advise your insurance company of the postcode and check you will be insured. Use you legs and save loads. I was quoted £165 for 18 days in August and complained to my MP who wasn't interested. A short walk and a massive saving. I hate paying to leave my car anywhere.
  • cornishbliss
    Options
    We recently used ABC Meet and Greet at Gatwick. We were pleased at the cost, lower than parking the car at the airport or close by. The bonus was they met us at the terminal, took the car away and delivered it back when we returned from holiday. All very efficient! The drivers were friendly and professional. Would definately recommend.
  • cornishbliss
    Options
    GingerDi wrote: »
    Looking to book a Gatwick hotel for an early morning flight (check in about 5.25am). I will have 2 young children.
    My choices are APH meet and greet for £51.96 or Ace Meet and Greet for £38.40.
    I've heard of APH obviously but has anyone used Ace? I found them using skyparksecure.com which is one of Martin's links.

Have just used ABC Meet and Greet...impressed and would use again
  • Jo84_2
    Jo84_2 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    I have used GLS meet and greet as well as cophall farm and both these companies I would recommend. My last booking was cheaper using looking4parking.com who are a price comparison site and feature these companies.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 #1806 / £159.18
    Pay All Your Debts Off By Xmas 2012 Challenge #346 / £1487... £382 so far
    Weekly Grocery Shopping Budget £50... this week's spend £39.80
  • Miller27
    Options
    bosulliv wrote: »
    parkandgo.co.uk

Have not used these before but £49 for 7 days and meet and greet, is a bargain.

Of couse, if anyone knows of their services, please do post.

Thanks,
    Bob

Excellent service. We were a bit worried that our return flight would be too late for the car to be bought to the airport but one phone call after our late arrival (after 12.30pm) and the driver arrived very promptly as we exited....very courteous and very slick service
  • philofportsmouth
    Options
    If anyone is thinking of using the meet and greet service at gatwick airport.
    Do NOT use skyone parking ltd.
    They met my family and i at the terminal, where the driver drove off at a faster than normal speed over the speed bumps.
    I even said to my wife" that was a bit quick"

However 7 days later we returned to the baggage carousels and rang "the company" to return our vehicle.
    The driver said there is a problem with your car, we cannot drive but you can" if you want to ?"

The driver drove my family and i to a grotty piece of land behind the premier inn in Crawley that looked like tanks were the local residents.
    There were more potholes on this land than i care to mention.

This is 1am in the morning.

I started my car and drove it 1 foot to be greeted by a huge scraping noise.

The skyone parking ltd employee said there is nothing he can do and got into his car !!!

6 hours later after we had to upgrade our RAC membership to be recovered to Portsmouth, the garage repaired a broken front suspension spring and gouged tyre.

I am £400 lighter !!!

I rang the management(Mr Raja) who said the fault was already there when his employee drove the car away, ie when we left it.

MY ARGUMENT IS:
    How could skyone parking ltd add 5 miles to my mileometer with a broken suspension spring that i could not even drive it 1 foot in the car park ?
    Mr Raja says skyone parking do not accept liability for this problem

They have offered me £ 100 as a goodwill gesture, which i refused.

I want full recompense otherwise i will be continually writing to the review listings to let them know of any progress !!!!!!

Yours

Very dissapointed

P Vaughan
  • mrsoggy
    Options
    Hi there

Can anyone tell me if they've used apple meet and greet at gatwick airport, the price for 4 days is only £31 which is the same as off airport parking and cos I'm travelling alone and at very unsociable hours I think its a better option, but I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks
  • DalePie
    DalePie Posts: 147 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2013 at 10:51PM
    Options
    Sounds weird but Cardiff Airport offer good parking deals at Gatwick too.

Cardiff Airport
  • bexybaby
    Options
    Hi,
    We are going away in a week and I checked gatwick official parking a few days ago, it was £70 (for 10 nights). I went to book it today and it's gone up to £100 :-( so much more expensive than the unofficial places. We don't want to hand our keys over and all the horror stories are putting us off the cheaper ones! Any suggestions? Perhaps a cashback site or a discount site?
    Thanks in advance!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure