Options

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    meg123.. wrote: »
    Hi

What they say is because you are with a solicitors your debt companies can't get in touch with me, they will be breaking the law.
    Because all my debts are not with the original companies and are now with agencies they ask them for my agreement and if they don't have it then they can;t chase me for money ???
    Just unsure of everything to leave them or stay, i lost £6500.00 with Compass and paid the £5.000 for set up in total £11500.00 down the pan.
    do i pay the £3000.00 and see if they can help, feel so stressed back to sq one

NO, no no no no don't pay them a penny.

I've never heard such a crock of !!!!!, your just throwing money down the drain, these people should be avoided at all costs !!!!

Please get some advice from stepchange this just isn't right when people in your situation are told utter lies like this.

It makes me so mad, please do not pay this company any money, and sever all ties you have with them, they are complete and utter crooks no more, no less, do not fall for there sales patter !!!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    meg123.. wrote: »
    Hi

What they say is because you are with a solicitors your debt companies can't get in touch with me, they will be breaking the law.
    Because all my debts are not with the original companies and are now with agencies they ask them for my agreement and if they don't have it then they can;t chase me for money ???

They are talking absolute nonsense on both counts. :eek:

There is nothing in law or regulation that says that.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • esmerellda
    esmerellda Posts: 2,237 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2016 at 11:19PM
    Options
    Gosh it's hard work posting an image on here ...

Okay , for reference, this is the fee info from Abbey Solicitors, from someone elses letter ( same as Meg's other than the price ) The Price appears to be ( from what people have said so far) exactly the same amount the customer was paying to Compass ( coincidentally ).
    2016-03-14-21_57_38-SCN_0001.pdf-Adobe-Acrobat-Pro-DC.png2016-03-14-21_57_52-SCN_0001.pdf-Adobe-Acrobat-Pro-DC.png2016-03-14-21_58_45-SCN_0001.pdf-Adobe-Acrobat-Pro-DC.png
    LegalBeagles
  • esmerellda
    edited 14 March 2016 at 11:23PM
    Options
    2016-03-14-21_58_20-SCN_0001.pdf-Adobe-Acrobat-Pro-DC.png

and of course that £3600 doesn't include your CCA request statutory fee....

2016-03-14-21_58_09-SCN_0001.pdf-Adobe-Acrobat-Pro-DC.png
    LegalBeagles
  • esmerellda
    Options
    and what they do;

2016-03-14-21_59_24-SCN_0001.pdf-Adobe-Acrobat-Pro-DC.png
    LegalBeagles
  • esmerellda
    Options
    and what they won't do ...

2016-03-14-21_59_39-SCN_0001.pdf-Adobe-Acrobat-Pro-DC.png
    LegalBeagles
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    £300 quid a month ???

OMG please, people, have nothing to do with these criminals.

I can't stress strongly enough how bad a decision it would be fall for this crap !!!!!!!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • esmerellda
    edited 14 March 2016 at 11:49PM
    Options
    The fee appears to be whatever the customer was paying to Compass, so therefore, their entire disposable income. There wouldn't be anything left for any DMP. The money will just be gone in fees for this firm to send off CCA requests and cross fingers something's wrong with the agreement.... and then what ? wait for a court claim ? then charge the consumer to help defend it ?? ( it really feels a bit deja vu from 2009/2010 doesn't it)

They don't have a Consumer Credit Licence other than the SRA group one. I don't believe the SRA licence covers this kind of work as it seriously isn't incidental.... I have raised the question with both FCA and SRA though.

https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/code-of-conduct/financial-services-rules/regulation-consumer-credit-activities.page

and of course there is a small matter of the SRA Principles.
    LegalBeagles
  • esmerellda
    Options
    Frustrating how one crappy company going down the toilet leads to so many bloody vultures steaming in to prey on people's panic and vulnerability.
    LegalBeagles
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    £300 quid a month ???

OMG please, people, have nothing to do with these criminals.

I can't stress strongly enough how bad a decision it would be fall for this crap !!!!!!!!

This will bells as Big Ben on it.

please please don't fall for this ...ring stepchange or go to the cab if you can't face making that call directly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure