PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,170 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Took bigger son to college and I think his day went OK.

2) Spent a couple of hours geocaching.

3) Bought smaller son's cookery ingredients for school before remembering he only has a half day this Thursday so his practical has been moved to next week! So we shall be cooking carbonara at home tomorrow.

4) Met up with my school friend for a cup of tea.

5) The carpenter got back to me with a quote.

6) Smaller son got some homework done. We almost understood the science this week.

7) Watched GBBO.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We played the London game twice with 4 tonight PK I shall have to do some serious research and try all our board games with 2 :-) (both games dd1 came first and I came last) I do remember loving labyrinth which is for 2
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Reasonable day. Stayed late at work to do all the million forms needed to apply for leave! All filled in now have to wait for it to be approved. I have my reasons ready why I want those times and nobody else is off but there has to be negotiation!

2. Talked to colleague at work properly for the first time. She is mellowing after having a baby and is more relaxed and much happier.

3. Receiving a refund from Waitrose as my delivery was late.

4. Nice walk round the garden with a coffee when I arrived home.

5. Enjoyed my tea of a courgette, lemon and mint pasta dish. Courgettes from the garden and a mixture of green and yellow.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Another warm enough for me day.

Work. Was fine.

Weeded at veg patch before it got too hot, dug veg patch over ( we have 2 big raised beds)

Borrowed lawn mower from next door neighbour so cut the very overgrown back grass this afternoon. It looks a mess but lawn mower was making funny noises and it will get a cut again by gardener in a week or so.

Went for lunch with friend who works at school. My treat today as she paid last time. I had breakfast salad which had brown rice and pumpkin and lots of leaves and some nice spicy stuff and had chicken with it too but minus the poached egg. Would have it again but it was too much. She gave me some school memorabilia...pen, notebook, magnetic clip thing and a yukky box of ferero rocher that nobody likes...so shall have to find someone to pass them on to! She will be keeping an eye on my children when I'm away ! ( they are moving into the school house)

Made macaroni with the pasta that was left so a bit of a mish mash. And an omelette for son.

My blackbird is singing , I'm about to go a dog walk . Get there before the cricketers tonight.

Have a lovely day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Sleeping for most of the night and NOT waking up coughing.

2) Put a surplus to needs wooden rocking chair on the bottom of the drive with a notice saying 'I need a new home to live in, I'm free, please take me', was there when I went out to walk Cookie and gone when I came back an hour and a half later, result!

3) Found a possible house online yesterday and we have a viewing on Thursday, wish us luck?

4) Making the decision to shed all the things the girls have left here (well, within reason) and not looked at since they went off to Uni including DD1s hideously striped school blazer which is still hanging in the wardrobe in the spare room!

5) Making the decision to cull ALL the books in the house (it will hurt BUT it needs doing) and ALL the kitchen equipment as it's sat in cupboards for too long unused being too big to use for just two people.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Tuesday pleasures,

Difficult as feeling rough with cold lurgy thing so first one has to be the soothing cups of honey and lemon.

Sent home from Pilates class as breathing affected.

Being outside made me feel a bit better so saw Lulu and shifted four barrow loads :D

Big bowl of pesto pasta with spinach and broad beans, very green supper!

Watched GBBO and collapsed gratefully into bed.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hope you're feeling better soon LT green supper sounds lish (though i suspect BOP'll have words about too many broad beans and not enough snorkers!)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,962 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all - what a bright autumn morning it is..

Good luck Mrs LW - watch out for the kondoing, it's addictive :p

Pleasures for yesterday.

1. I ate too much. This isn't normally a pleasure, but sometimes it's a thing I have to do. Porridge on the train, croissant at St P., fish and (a few) chips for lunch, (minute) chicken dinner on the train home.
    2. Dad was better than I feared, he'd been complaining about his legs, but he seemed ok in himself
    3. Saw my lovely sister who came to see dad. her chaotic on - off marriage is still chaotic, but she seems happy enough.
    4. Forgot my nephew's birthday AGAIN... his is always the one I forget. but as I saw my sister i could quickly get card and put cash in it.
    5. Managed to get to library in london to pick up the book i'd ordered. Saving me a whole day trip down there to fetch it.
    6. Dr Foster :eek:

Have a great day all. I am going to see my boy today for lunch, i am very :j about this but will have to appear :cool:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,646 Forumite
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    hope you're feeling better soon LT green supper sounds lish (though i suspect BOP'll have words about too many broad beans and not enough snorkers!)

Thanks DD at the risk of BOP's wrath a woman cannot live by snorkers alone :rotfl:
  • DundeeDoll wrote: »
    No No No No No No No No No No No No!
    How many times do I has to tells yous lot. Eat proper. Mum BoP used to do Boiled Bacon, mash, served with parsley sauce (packet variety, not homemade like BoP) which I loved. It was always served with Bored Beans, and then treacle sponge (carp food!). I never got any treacle sponge (carp food) as I did not eat all my bored beans! It was simple!
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Thanks DD at the risk of BOP's wrath a woman cannot live by snorkers alone :rotfl:
    Snorkers are good for you!

5 Commotion inn the side office at the mill! Big time. Last day we had an invasion inn the side office, an incy wincy tiny spider had penetrated the always closed door and made him, or her, self quite at home. Not a problem for BoP, ruff and tuff, but one of the younger stokers ran away in flight. Got no bottle the young ones! Fortunately BoP is made of sterner material and can man handle these creatures and led him, or her!, away to safety and scaring the lower mills downstream! Only feeble persons were tortured during this event.

4 Stern stuff. That is what happens when you are brought up proper. OK, as for proper, you may recall that BoP, of proper foods, mentioned in ditties he was having a mere, no, Gorilla Roulette. Now BoPsie, also scared of spider things and other bits, was a tad curious and titchy about having her thirst ever Gorilla Roulette! I can now report that as BoPsie even though she goated BoP, so I kind of forgot how many shakes I had done with the flakes of chilli! It was a tad warm but enough to more that tickle her fancy! Proper food and good for you! Oh, the roulette was left over swede carrot mash, leaks, broccoli, tossed with mushroom, pepper and onion, and stuffing! Well tum rubbed!

3 Back at the mill again as we herd ourselves from review to review. Scoring points off each other. Millwright is threatening with a perm job. Did no know he was a barber on the side! Rates are negotiable so I think we could spar for a round or too! Usual rules!

2 Nite well earlier today the house of BoP was dechilled, and I mean really dechilled, as the central heating came on without priming again! That way, as it again was chilled outside last night, when BoP de furred and rubbed his back inn the shower this morning, no condensation was formed. That way house of BoP remains in top condition. Forget the tracking things like hive, you can get an electronic thermostat for about £65, and an electrician to fit it for another £60. That is how much BG will rip you off. Oh, and check the fixed deals that are out there.

We must check that our abhorrent arrogance does not consume us with apocalyptic evil.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback