Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spent £5 on a jacket in a CS for a refashion project....getting buyers remorse now! Although it fits into my rules I think there will be other items that are far more cost effective.
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    *Jellie* wrote: »
    Spent £5 on a jacket in a CS for a refashion project....getting buyers remorse now! Although it fits into my rules I think there will be other items that are far more cost effective.

Does the CS have a return or exchange policy? One near me gives 14 days if you have the receipt. You will be buying other items there at a later date so I wouldn't feel bad about returning it if they will allow.
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    Does the CS have a return or exchange policy? One near me gives 14 days if you have the receipt. You will be buying other items there at a later date so I wouldn't feel bad about returning it if they will allow.

I hadn't even considered they might. Thanks for letting me know- I'll give it a go.
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a lovely pink Patagonia fleece - £.4.50 & a red woolly hat - £3.00 - both from CS. I feel my colour scheme needs brightening up - I've slipped back into having a very dark winter wardrobe....
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • GilmoreGirl
    GilmoreGirl Posts: 24 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 January 2017 at 1:07PM
    Options
    I spent £131.93 in outdoor clothes (waterproof jacket and trousers, walking boots and hat) - It seems a lot but it was planned and they would probably last for many years.
  • Kim_13
    Options
    Few bits in Sainsbury's I like but I must not until they are in the sale or a double up event.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    I'd mooched over to a regular blog roll I read and came across this - and thought of the Crazy Clothes people ( I obviously spend too much time on this site...)

I’m also not planning to ‘treat myself’ with any of it – there’s nothing really that I want, although I will use some of it to buy some new work clothes which I will need for my next job.
    I’ve been pretty good on the clothes/shoes shopping front – I bought a grand total of 3 tops and one pair of trainers – all year! So yes, I do think it’s time I bought some new decent work gear.

http://quietlysaving.co.uk/

Now that is impressive!

I spent £131.93 in outdoor clothes (waterproof jacket and trousers, walking boots and hat) - It seems a lot but it was planned and they would probably last for many years.

I spent a £100.00 last November on a pair of walking boots, which are pretty much on my feet all the time. Hopefully last a long time and very comfortable, money well spent in my book.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello, I'd like to join in again. Year 4 I think. First two years I exceeded my budget, so last year didn't set one, but tried to only buy needs not wants and from CS, but wasn't inspired by much on sale in them. Still managed to spend less than the previous years though.

I'm much more concious now about what I am buying and my wardrobe is currently really good. I need to buy some new gloves, and some running kit and trainers and having lost half of my target weight loss, if I lose the rest, then I may need new items.

Please put me down for £365 as that seems like a nice figure, a £1 a day.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Kim_13
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    Hello, I'd like to join in again. Year 4 I think. First two years I exceeded my budget, so last year didn't set one, but tried to only buy needs not wants and from CS, but wasn't inspired by much on sale in them. Still managed to spend less than the previous years though.

I'm much more concious now about what I am buying and my wardrobe is currently really good. I need to buy some new gloves, and some running kit and trainers and having lost half of my target weight loss, if I lose the rest, then I may need new items.

Please put me down for £365 as that seems like a nice figure, a £1 a day.

All done, you are number 29.

Welcome back.
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    Options
    Bugslet & Gilmore Girl - My walking boots are easily the most expensive item in my wardrobe (£100+) - I like to think of them as an investment - I wear them loads !!

I have been buying again today. It feels a bit funny spending so frequently so early in the year but obviously people are having a clear out and the Charity Shops are full of goodies!! Monsoon summer skirt - perfect length !! (£3.99) & a new gym top - £5.00 TK Maxx Clearance.
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport