Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• Poppy3008
    Poppy3008 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to join!
    My hubby and I agreed to buy from CS this year. Neither of us NEED anything so wants must come from the CS. Though I am a failure already today - bought a new black smart leather backpack in sales. But no more. I want to recycle clothes I find but my sewing skills are not great but will give it a go!
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Poppy3008 wrote: »
    Hope it's not too late to join!
    My hubby and I agreed to buy from CS this year. Neither of us NEED anything so wants must come from the CS. Though I am a failure already today - bought a new black smart leather backpack in sales. But no more. I want to recycle clothes I find but my sewing skills are not great but will give it a go!

Of course not Poppy3008, you are (rather appropriately it seems from your username) number 30.

Would you like to set a budget for your CS only purchases?

Welcome aboard and good luck :)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. My first spends of this year to declare. £1 on two pairs of gloves from a market stall. Very MSE.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Kim_13
    Options
    Not going well. Puppy ruined my hoody so having to replace it.

Had to order two to get free click and collect from TU but plan to return one. If I receive both that is as there was apparently one left of one colour I ordered. I have ordered things when stock was low before and they have later taken items off the order saying they are out of stock. Hoping that doesn't happen this time as the low stock one is my preferred option.
  • LilySue
    LilySue Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    Yes please l would like to join.

This year has to be frugal so l'm going for a budget of £150 for me, dh and youngest ds. Plus any money l earn on eBay can be redirected into clothes.
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all
    Just nipping in to say staying away from every shop on the planet and its working well and nothing spent on clothes in 2017 :rotfl:yet !!!!

Did buy myself a pair of new Running trainers back on the 30th Dec and what a bargain I got ;) I had tried them on already but at £110 in the sale I put them back on the rack :D But managed to buy a BNIB pair on a FB running sale page I am on for £25 posted :eek: So trainers sorted for this year as I now have 3 pairs I for trail running 1 for road and one pair for the gym ;)

Mav x

Ps I am also on the no new clothes for a year on FB I have no idea who runs it but I have never posted anyway

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• vintagegal
    vintagegal Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    well some good bargains and also some very mindful thinking being reported so far this year! Well done everybody.
    I have been unsubscribing from emails again, they always seem to be crazy after Xmas but I guess that's because I did all my shopping online. I don't need any little messages saying 'ooh look at all our new things' trying to derail me! Probably need to have an Instagram cull as well. I know my weaknesses..
    Haven't bought anything in January yet. Am starting back at my sewing class soon so will try and plan a few makes with fabric I already have.
    Have made a tiny start on dieting this week, but definately not perfect as I wasn't organised and didn't want to waste the food we had in. Am planning to start walking on the treadmill this week too.
    keep avoiding those sales everyone! Have a good week
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • Kim_13
    Options
    LilySue wrote: »
    Yes please l would like to join.

This year has to be frugal so l'm going for a budget of £150 for me, dh and youngest ds. Plus any money l earn on eBay can be redirected into clothes.

Welcome to the challenge LilySue, you are number 31.

I will add spends for coat/hoody when I receive them and decide whether I'm keeping them, but for now I have a 50p spend to confess. Pair of PJ's in the sale in Sainsbury's for £8. I used £7.50 in Nectar points and paid the 50p.
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon

No money spent on clothes yet this year. I am nearly finished my project 333 clear out too. I have taken 4 bags of stuff to the charity shop and will be taking another two bags of shoes today if it stops raIning.

I've also got a big box of stuff to eBay, I made a start yesterday but only did 16 listings, so I will do a few each day until everything fits in the box :D

I then need to reduce the number of things in the wardrobe, that I am keeping, to get down to 33 items. I will put the rest in a box in the bottom of the wardrobe to consider again in April with the next period starts.

I hope everyone is well.

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • Poppy3008
    Poppy3008 Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks - budget for me and DH charity shop cloths will be £200 which is more than enough in my eyes! I think for me its more a case of not actually spending! I'm not a big clothes spender, luckily, but I do need some good jumpers as I am really feeling the cold. So that is what will l look for.
    I am in London this week and have Friday off so will be having a look round the local CS to see what's about!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure