Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• nliggins
    Options
    jobert123 wrote: »
    Nilggins - congrats on your mortgage going through with Skipton!

We are at the underwrite stage now, hoping it will be completed today as this is the bit im most worried about.

What is your LTV and are you FTB?

Thank you it's such a nerve wracking process isn't it?!
    Got my fingers crossed for you too - in fairness Skipton have been really efficient - I can't grumble at all (now they've offered hehe) :j

we're not FTB and our LTV is 90% - we made sure our Broker had everything they asked for at the time of application and there was nothing more they asked - let us know how you get on :D

Nicki
  • jobert123
    Options
    Very nerve wracking! I'm sat refreshing our tracker as we speak. They do seem pretty quick in all fairenss, our valuation is booked and due to be completed by Tuesday. But I'm not too worried about that it's the underwrite that I am.

Yes our broker has been fab too, she got all our docs (I basically took my life with me to our application meeting!)

We are FTB purchasing a new build, using help to buy ours is 75% LTV.

Praying we get accepted!! :)
  • AllyT90
    AllyT90 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    About To Scream!!

Any Recommendations on brokers in northern ireland?
    Our broker has basically sat on our information for 2 weeks and done nothing with it and is now asking me for loads of additional information before she can submit an application!
    Meanwhile Ive also started a new job and am taking place in my first ever white collar boxing match tomorrow night.
    If I have ever been on the verge of a mental breakdown, now would it!!
  • ScotsLad5818
    Options
    Great post. In many ways reassuring, in many ways concerning.

I'm a FTB and have applied to Clydesdale Bank through our mortgage broker. I've read a few times (though old posts) that they are a bit slower than most and use manual processes. Is this still the case?
  • KTaneva
    KTaneva Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Omg I just had a call from my broker and I was told that my application with NationWide has been randomly chosen by head office for audit check ? Does anyone have experience of this ? Is this bad or good ? For sure this will delay my application more ...
  • SouthernWolf
    Options
    Great post. In many ways reassuring, in many ways concerning.

I'm a FTB and have applied to Clydesdale Bank through our mortgage broker. I've read a few times (though old posts) that they are a bit slower than most and use manual processes. Is this still the case?

Our broker also told us that Clydesdale were slower, but the mortgage valuation was arranged in the same week, and the bank themselves were helpful. We are now waiting to complete!
  • KTaneva
    KTaneva Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Bad bad news for me .
    My application was declined without any explanation from the head office in NationWide .
    Credit score 999 ,salary 42k,no credit cards no loans nothing .
    I can't believe this .
    I don't know where I am now and I had so many plans already even for my new furnitures in the house .
    Now we will make alllication with Halifax ,I am banking with them for 5 years already ,hope they will consider to give me green light .
  • Sahmed660
    Sahmed660 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    KTaneva wrote: »
    Bad bad news for me .
    My application was declined without any explanation from the head office in NationWide .
    Credit score 999 ,salary 42k,no credit cards no loans nothing .
    I can't believe this .
    I don't know where I am now and I had so many plans already even for my new furnitures in the house .
    Now we will make alllication with Halifax ,I am banking with them for 5 years already ,hope they will consider to give me green light .

:o That's shocking! You need to get onto your MA to find out a reason; otherwise you might trip up on the same thing again
  • Rosy_Apple
    Rosy_Apple Posts: 152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

We applied for our mortgage with HSBC on Friday (10th March) through a broker. We have gone for a 5 year fix and it's 90% LTV.

On Friday evening the broker said we had passed the initial credit check and that he had since submitted our application and all supporting documents.

Is anyone else waiting on HSBC? How long was it from full application to valuation being booked was it for you?

Thanks and good luck to all!
    RA
  • Blade200
    Blade200 Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had an AIP from Accord last week and after submitting our full app on Saturday we have just heard today we have been declined. Devastated.

My partner has 2 defaults from 5 years ago which was illustrated to them in the AIP. It went to an underwriter who accepted it. Then the full app was declined due to these 2 defaults. 1 for £2000 and another for £200.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback