Frump to Fab 2016 - Lets make it AWESOME!!!

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well I've not listed my aims and goals this year.

There's an awful lot of them..........

I have some very lofty ambitions this year. This is the year I "AIM HIGH"

I am going to borrow a mantra from a guy called "Tony Robbins" - one of those motivational and self help gurus. His talks about taking "Massive Action".

If you google him you will see he has several videos. He's American, and very Gung Ho but I do like his can do approach.

So here they are - the most important ones and in no particular order - my aims and goals for this year........

Buy a house
    Lose two stones
    Learn Spanish
    Get out more

You will notice that the first three are clearly defined goals which can be measured whilst the "get out more" is a bit vague.

I need to work out a defined plan of action for that one but essentially it means regular days or evenings out, so maybe joining a couple of groups so that I am actually committed to something.

It also means holidays, weekends away etc. I have had received several invitations to visit friends away so I have no excuse.

Yesterday I dropped in on friends who I had not seen for months. I had a lovely time. I need to do this more often.

No more procrastinating.

There's a big wide world out there just waiting to be explored and enjoyed. :D
  • fuzzyduck22
    Options
    Hello Everyone

What a wonderful thread this is! Love reading everyones goals, there's nothing like a shiny New Year to get you kickstarted :). I've started a diary on this board to help me with my weight loss/exercise/not looking like a hobo goals, I find diaries help me stay on track. Theres lots of like minded folk in here though so hope I can pop in? :)

Happy New Year

Fuzzy
    £15900 loan (including interest) over 3.5 years to pay off...can I do it sooner???
    £940/£15900

Weight loss 0/28 lbs
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 January 2016 at 3:12PM
    Options
    Of course You are welcome - the more the merrier.

Fabulousity rules!! World Domination is our Goal!!

Imagine a world of strong FAB-U-LOUS women.....What we could achieve.....

I watched "Made in Dagenham" last night. So inspirational. As I watched I thought as to how much women today owe those machinists. They were "nothing special" - just ordinary everyday women who stood up so they could be counted......and boy, did they make it count. We owe them.

I thought if they can do that then I can make my dreams come true.........it's up to me.

I shall be reading your diary and spurring you on.

You Can Do It:D
  • smiley_77
    smiley_77 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy new year everyone.
    I am feeling especially frumpy today due to all the over indulgence but it all stops today.

My goals are as follows:
    Lose weight to fit in that dress (I am not using scales but a few items of clothes). The main part to this will be regular exercise running and yoga mainly which will help to manage my stress levels which have been off the scale this year. I hope to be able to run 5k by the end of Feb to join a club.

Do one thing for me every month -a bit of pampering or see a friend

Build up enough savings to start paying off my mortgage

That is it really. I do really find it hard to exercise as I don't allow time for myself but I know it is good for me so I will give it my best shot.hopefully I will get some inspiration from this forum and become fabulous!
    Do I really need it? Probably not.:A
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy New Year, all!

My main priorities fab wise for 2016 are losing weight and improving my health. No 1 will help with no 2 and no 2 will help with no 1 (exercise wise)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My priorities for 2016 are:

1) Drink more water .... 6 glasses a day minimum
    2) Take more care of my skiin & nails .... cleansing and moisturising etc
    3) Get more sleep
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • sofarbehind
    Options
    Happy new year fabbers!

Thanks for running the thread again LL. My 2016 goals are:

1, Improve my health, take medication properly and follow advice
    2, Exercise and get fit again
    3, Lose at least half a stone
    4, Take care of my hair with regular cut and colour
    5, Wear all the nice clothes I have
    6, Keep up the basics of moisturising and perfume

It's quite a list! The health, eating well and exercising are most important.
    Mortgage overpayments 2018: £4602, 2019: £7870
    Mortgage overpayments 2020: £4620
    Mortgage 2017 £145K, June 2020 £112.6k:o
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What inspiring goals you all have for the new year :D

I have decided to keep a back to basics approach for the new year so similar to you all.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ooh new thread. Happy new ear everyone :D

My fabbing goals for the year

1 lose the few pounds I have gained over the season and continue my eating plan. I have issues with candida and need to follow a low sugar, low grain diet and cut the booze.
    2 go back to yoga on a weekly basis
    3 make more effort to straighten hair after washing, rather than just tie back
    4. Buy fewer clothes. Keep up with project 333 and use charity shops and ethical sources before just going and buying new (apart from spending vouchers received for birthday, Christmas)
    5 be non judgmental of and nicer to people. Try to let go of some of the control freakery
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • lollyfin
    lollyfin Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all I hope you have had a nice start to the new year, I've had all the family here so nice day but now I'm exhausted :)
    My goals for this year are to make my health my priority by practising yoga daily, getting rid of my extra pounds and stopping smoking once and for all.
    I'm also going to become stricter with my me time and start saying no when people ask if I can just do this or just do that, I am starting to feel quite burnt out and am no use to anyone if I don't look after myself! I think it's something women in particular do a lot, take on so much that all we have time for is to fall into bed at the end of the day dreading the huge list of things that need done the next day so no more. I'm going to make sure I have some time each day to just be me not mum, wife or granny and I'm sure the world will still keep spinning :rotfl:
    konMarie and fabbing all the way
    Weight loss challenge starting 11st loss in November 4lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family