PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The OS Doorstep - a helpful and supportive thread in these tough times

Options

Comments

• burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes pink may be fun .. and at Halloween will not need any face paints , just let me shuffle to the door dragging half of my body with me ..head shaved , and stuck together with glue ....may scare the local kids :rotfl:x
    £223/ £250 GC
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    nargleblast HFW is down there? Yipee!

burtha my thoughts are with you at this time. I adore how you're posting positively :)

MrsC is silver work jewellery making? I'll be keeping my eye on George for pics :)

Toastie maker cakes? Off to investigate!

I have a turkey leg in the SC. It was the cheapest meat so making a curry later.

Storage unit booked so another step closer. Managed to get half price with insurance included. A bit scared leaving all DH's contacts behind - favours save us fortune!

Yes, energy price rises are worrying. I came out of my tariff in August so on a higher rate temp one. I dare not fix until the move which is going to be too late for the deals. Quite honestly I'll carry on to be a frugal user and invest my money on woollen items. Its all I can think of to help myself in the this spiralling situation. No point me sat here pouring scorn on the gubment or utility companies. Sort me self out.
  • nuttyp
    nuttyp Posts: 2,035 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone, burtha I think your dealing with things as well as you can. The new hair do, well how about purple or green - after all Halloween is nearly here!!! Seriously, the amount of wigs available you can have anything cant you? Not sure blonde have more fun tho, I went blonde and nothing changed really!!

Update re work, me mentioning other collegue well the ball is rolling. I had to give an official statement over the phone today and I have been told to expect a follow up call from someone else..... I just hope I haven't shot myself in the foot by being the whistle blower.

Been really busy so far today, I took DD to collage then took mum shopping. Ive washed 2 loads, one is already dry and the other is not too far away. House is cleaned, and now I have time for me. Going with my mum to meet eldest DD for a coffee during her lunch break and a catch up.

Yesterday I took my bracelet to get repaired, £28 to do it - or they would offer me £35 scrap value. So I sold it, better off in my pocket. That was enough money for nearly 2 weeks shopping.

take care x
    :D:D BSC member 137 :D:D

BR 26/10/07 Discharged 09/05/08 !!!

Onwards and upwards - no looking back....
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Burtha - lookat that wee school girl Malala, who was shot by the Taliban - look how badly she was injured and how she's ok now... Be brave and positive pet xx
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    Burtha - lookat that wee school girl Malala, who was shot by the Taliban - look how badly she was injured and how she's ok now... Be brave and positive pet xx

Not only OK, quite likely to win the Nobel Prize for Peace tomorrow, fingers crossed.
  • katieowl_2
    katieowl_2 Posts: 1,864 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

I can add to the brain tumour good ending stories. My friend in London had one, it was behind her nose, between her eyes. They took it out down her nose, and she was totally fine afterwards. All clear, no further action. So it really depends on the type, and placing. They must be just about the most alarming words that can be uttered to you though! Hope you are a bit better today Burtha.

Well I've delivered my pasties for the week. I've just had a bit of roquefort cheese that was lurking at the back of the fridge, with a couple of oatcakes and an apple for lunch. Next to do on the list is take my incredibly clean dogs out :p before the sun disappears. It's still rather windy here though.

Want to do a bit of sewing this afternoon, finish of my recycled t-shirt hats, and maybe make a couple more, and re-create the pattern I used for the shopping bags I made last year, I was sure I cut a paper pattern, but I can't find it, but I do have a newspaper so can make another one!

Kate
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    I am coming out of lurkdom to say how sorry I am Burtha that you are having such health worries.

I don't have any experience of brain tumours, so I can't imagine how you are feeling at the moment,together with the side effects but I just wanted to tell you how I felt when it was discovered I had a breast tumour.

I think I walked around in a daze for about 2 days, still not taking in what the surgeon had said. Luckily Himself(forever after called "My Rock"!!) came to every appointment with me, and still does, and if I forgot to ask something he usually remembered. My hospital were wonderful, and told me I would receive 3 letters in the post, and these was appointments for various tests I needed before surgery. I did have one meltdown when I felt I had no control over what was happening to me, but otherwise everything went smoothly. I had a lumpectomy and later 25 sessions of radiotherapy.

It is almost 3 years now, I still have 6 monthly check ups with the surgeon and oncologist and I feel good.

I know you must feel overwhelmed at the moment, but always try to be positive, always include your DH when you are feeling low because it is almost as hard for him to see you going through this. Himself is a very emotional man, but he managed to keep it together all the time I was having treatment.

I wish you all the very best and send very gentle hugs to you and your DH. Try to be STRONG and POSITIVE and I will be thinking of you. It isn't an easy road but you will get through it.

Love & hugs
    Candlelight
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    Options
    Its personal and I don't want to go into too much detail but I have hernia and I have been able to manage but today I can't and I am in absolute agony so I am going to present myself to hospital and I don't know what will happen. They be able to do something and send me home temporarily or may decide to operate.

So you know why I am missing, hope I am back to some normality soon...

Take care x
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Pops Look after yourself, hopefully the hospital will be able to make you more comfortable.

Hugs
    Candlelight
  • boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Owch! Take care Pop's and don't chase the nurses to much.....:-]
    £71.93/ £180.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories