The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Options

Comments

• Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Do need to do NIMs tax return in the next month though, which hopefully will in fact trigger some tax credits it looks like we were underpaid. Although he has also underpaid tax (we thought by £1400 which I paid months back, but now they want another £360 and are getting threatening about it), which I need to remember to pay in the next few days.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • roomontheend
    Options
    Hope you are all having a great night and looking forward to a fresh start? I have been working at getting the house sort and believe me it is work. I have a few plans for the coming year and a big part of that is getting the debt paid down. I have just update my signature which I am pleased to say is now below 21k. We are entering the new year having paid off over 33k.
    Total debt Feb 2012 = £54354.11 😳
    😁Debt Free and you can do it too
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year!

How are your floorboards Dinah? Saw the photos on FB. Fair play to NIM, looked like he was getting stuck in anyway. Hope things improved for ye, for the latter part of the Christmas and New Year
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy new year everyone!

Sorry to hear about NIM's depression Dinah and how it's affecting you. Hopefully you can both get some answers in February and go from there. Having worked in mental health, I understand just how debilitating it can be for some. Fingers crossed with a proper diagnosis, they can work out an effective treatment plan for NIM.

Had a relatively quiet festive period as we're moving on the 13th January. We agreed that we would move with what we have and re-evaluate when we're in, but somehow ended up buying new pans and knives the other day. To be fair it was mostly with vouchers we got from the wedding so they needed to be used. Have £100 of Next vouchers sitting there that I don't know what to do with.
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    Happy new year everyone!

Sorry to hear about NIM's depression Dinah and how it's affecting you. Hopefully you can both get some answers in February and go from there. Having worked in mental health, I understand just how debilitating it can be for some. Fingers crossed with a proper diagnosis, they can work out an effective treatment plan for NIM.

Had a relatively quiet festive period as we're moving on the 13th January. We agreed that we would move with what we have and re-evaluate when we're in, but somehow ended up buying new pans and knives the other day. To be fair it was mostly with vouchers we got from the wedding so they needed to be used. Have £100 of Next vouchers sitting there that I don't know what to do with.

Happy New Year Ruby!

I'm the same, have €70 Next voucher and not quite sure what to do with it either. I usually use it in the sales as can't quite justify the price any other time
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope you come to some kind of resolution with NIM. Depression is toxic and I'm so sorry to hear its impacting your family unit like this :( At least Ben and Grace are mostly blind to it, and if it does ultimately come to going it alone you know you have a support network here :heart2:

We've started 2017 with a real fire in our bellies over the debt, hoping to have it cleared by October so we need to knuckle down and play scorched earth. Everything has been cancelled (even Sky!) or scaled back as much as we can haggle. No eating out, no holidays, no days out that cost more than the fuel to get there. Pretty much no life, bar things we have booked and already paid for, until it's gone!

Have you looked at Zeek for selling vouchers? I'm not sure what the % is you get of a voucher back in real money but it might be worth a look :)
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We're in the same boat Cinny - DH still has credit card debt and I want it paid off this year so it's not hanging over us anymore. Luckily we don't need to do anything to the new house (apart from the roof, but my parents are gifting us the money for that, which I still feel really guilty about), and I can live with magnolia walls for a few more months I guess!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • Cinny91
    Options
    Hope everything is going well, saw your FB post of what a nightmare 2017 has been so far. Keep thinking of you and if there's anything I can do to help let me know!

We're doing well chugging along on our end, currently paid off £784.62 so far this month. OH's plan to have things cleared up by October starts from this months pay day, but I'm hoping I'll be able to take another 2 months off that time scale if we can stay focused and nothing pops up.
  • clearmydebts
    Options
    Cinny91 wrote: »
    Hope everything is going well, saw your FB post of what a nightmare 2017 has been so far. Keep thinking of you and if there's anything I can do to help let me know!

We're doing well chugging along on our end, currently paid off £784.62 so far this month. OH's plan to have things cleared up by October starts from this months pay day, but I'm hoping I'll be able to take another 2 months off that time scale if we can stay focused and nothing pops up.

I was wondering the same. Sounds like an absolute nightmare :(

Cinny - that's an amazing amount to have paid off well done!

I turned 40 last week. Had 2 nights in an amazing spa and then had a party last Saturday night. It was so good, there were about 60 people there. I am still on a high!
  • Cinny91
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely celebration, CMD! I've got to say I don't think I'd even know 60 people to invite, let alone have 60 people show up!

And thank you! We've still got a long way to go as our debt at the start of the year was £17512.87 :eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback