The Ultimate Incentive muddles along

Options

Comments

• Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Debt totals worked out. Goal for August was not to get worse. Sadly we missed that and are £365.38 worse off than we were then.
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That is shoddy about the house, how frustrating! Any kind of leak would be giving me major sleepless nights, especially considering what left you out of your house in the first place.

We aren't planning to home school Oscar, but he isn't going to be going to nursery/pre-school (what is it even called?!) until he's older and has his place at what'll be his primary school. We don't want him to be at a disadvantage to kids who have been in those environments prior to school so want to put a bit of effort in with him so he doesn't feel like a fish out of water. If that makes sense??

Spendy day today. £50 for the chimney sweep, £29.99 for a fire guard and then £3.75 in Wilkinsons for flammables! Have an eye test tomorrow, but have a voucher to make it £10 instead of £25. Hoping we can throw a lump at the credit card in the morning :)

Cashed out some more quidco money for amazon vouchers, and we're tracking what we want to get Oscar on Camel Camel. Getting organised!
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a nightmare about the house Dinah, I hope things start to improve very soon. Good news about the mot though, at least there something positive happening.

Was out with work last night . Free food and drink but paid £10 for a taxi back from station. Bought myself mcdonald's breakfast too this morning, bit naughty. Also said to poppy we would go to caf! after swimming today . I buy them something out every 2 weeks after swimming so will allow this as a treat still.

Hoping for a low spend weekend but Poppy is trying tap class before her ballet class tomorrow so if she likes that will have to pay out for a term and tap shoes. Do get 10% discount for doing two classes though so that's something.
  • Dinah93
    Options
    Damnit. Just reminded me we need new tap shoes. They were tight in June so tonight may be unpleasant bless her. And it's the first week of term so fees are due on all the activities. The hospital want her doing a minimum of an hour a day vigorous exercise with her heart rate raised (3 would be an ideal!) so she now swims, does 2 dance classes, ice skates, does cheer leading twice, yoga and acrobatics. Oh and rainbows, for a rest.
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • Dinah93
    edited 8 September 2017 at 2:58PM
    Options
    • Tax credit renewal
      [STRIKE]
    • Call bathrooms.com[/STRIKE]
    • Email polygon
    • List fridge on ebay
    • Check other big items are on ebay
    • Send invoices
    • Finalise new term student list
    • Plan lessons for new term - ahimsa, satya, asteya, brahmacharya, aparigrapa, sauca, santosha, tapas, svadhyaya, isvara pranidhana, beginners workshop
    • Arrange new energy deal
    • Arrange new broadband
      [STRIKE]
    • Work out Sept 1st debt total [/STRIKE]
      [STRIKE]
    • Rearrange B swimming lessons (8.15am on a Sunday morning is NOT working for us) [/STRIKE]
    • Post baby pressies x2
    • Reply to new baby email
    • Post FBA box
    • Trade in the book mountain
    • Complete assignment 3
    • Complete assignment 4
    • Complete assignment 5
    • Do any alterations from weekends coursework
    • Order NIM flyers
    • Distribute my flyers
    • NIM uniform tax claim
    • Do list of all charges for L&G
    • 2016-2017 Tax Return
    • Find somewhere for phone and computer repairs
      [STRIKE]
    • Reply to S21 email/text [/STRIKE]
    • Investigate Amazon fulfillment printing
    • Set up TF payment system
    • Advertise new workshops
    • Pay O for class cover
    • Send my details to Marie/Rebecca for payment
    • Send amazon parcel
    • Contact DL
    • Write a bit for A gym on yoga as a unity practice not a physical practice
    • Write workshop description for H gym
    • Make aerial yoga interest list
    • Set up mailing list
    • Check all invoices are paid for July/August including Tru
    • Chase up why the holy hell my vodafone bill is £93
    • Chase up why NIM is being charged twice for his 3
    • Get NIM to work out Virgin login
    • Request new bank cards

Slow going. The only time I don't work I have children with me. They go to bed at 9pm (should be 7.30 but earliest we've won the war this week has been 8.15) so basically it's how much caffine can I ingest to buy me a few hours to get things done (and only things which don't require office hours)
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • wendz86
    Options
    Bet that costs a fair bit but as you say is great for her heart and bet she enjoys it all.
    I know how you feel about the evenings. I get kids to sleep between 8-8.30 and then some nights I haven't even had dinner yet. Not a lot of time.
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You'd think with all that activity she'd be cream crackered and ready for an early night! Oscar has been pushing his bedtime waaaay back this week and getting up at 5:30-6:30am. What the heck do children even run on! I get up at 5am to go on a walk and a bit of time to myself before breakfast but having to be even mildly entertaining at that time drains my battery by 9am 😴

Eyetest was £21.50 in the end, but I used a grumpy Oscar as an excuse to not look at frames in store (minimum of £74 with the thinner lenses I apparebtly need) ordered online for £21.95 instead with thinner lenses :money:

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    That's an awful lot of activity, how can you manage that? Little kavics starts volleyball on Tuesday, she hasn't done anything yet at all as I am too lazy to take her across the city where most of the activities are based after nursery. However the local volleyball team just moved across the road we live, literally can see them from our window so she is starting next week and will be going twice a week after nursery. We do swimming at the weekend too but that is not very structured.

The house sounds a nightmare, hope you can fix it soon.
    Expensive weekend ahead as we need to buy shoes for little miss. Also I will go for bootcamp tomorrow and not only I need to pay for the exercise but also for the babysitter too :(. We might go swimming too.
  • roomontheend
    Options
    Dinah what size taps does she need as I have a couple of pairs my little pink person has grown of and it would save you having to buy them right now?
    Total debt Feb 2012 = £54354.11 😳
    😁Debt Free and you can do it too
  • wendz86
    Options
    Volleyball sounds really fun Kavics, bet she will enjoy that.

Cinny Heidi wakes up between half 5 and 6, is so tiring. I appreicate the days when i go to work and drink a nice cappucino in peace.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend. Poppy got the certificate from her first ballet exam and enjoyed tap so will have fees to pay for that when i get the invoice. Currently bidding on shoes on ebay. We haven't done much else apart from park visit and made a garden on a tray for Poppys homework.

Need to try and keep spending limited this week as running very low already this month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback