The Broker Blues Thread

Options

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Skipton actually declined one of our cases the other day.

So affronted were we by the reasons given we called them and had a very pointed conversation and literally fifteen minutes later it was offered.

We have kept the emails;-

14:32 - Application Cancelled
    14:58 - Application Offered.

I'll email the evidence to ACG for independent verification if you don't believe me! :D
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    I think they are allowed a mistake now and again. In the main they are pretty good. Its a surprise they just cancelled it without someone calling you to explain.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.

About as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

I read threads. I don't want to respond because I can only guess at how long, or will xyz lender do this, or whatever...
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    About as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

I read threads. I don't want to respond because I can only guess at how long, or will xyz lender do this, or whatever...
    A certain welsh lender by any chance?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    From September 2015 to the end of December 2016, we received 687 new enquiries. That's 46 a month.

From 1 January 2017, we moved from 687 to 950, so our new enquiry level since Christmas has increased to over 85 a month and we are still turning some serious detritus into gold.

I am sorely considering changing my username to Rumpelstiltskin.
  • aNom
    aNom Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    latest?cb=20101210005853
  • kingstreet
    Options
    Anyone having issues with Halifax DIP amounts when affordability calc indicates more? Keep getting alternative lending proposal, not corrective action, so not a score issue...

I've got a BMW PCP and the DIP output is £26k less than the affordability calculator indicates. Checked credit files and everything entered correctly, so only issue I can see is PCP not being treated as the £495 per month alone.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    A different kind of blues but absolutely fantastic;-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFVPxBpezk

Gary Puckett & The Union Gap - Young Girl.
  • Cirias
    Cirias Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with Halifax DIP amounts when affordability calc indicates more? Keep getting alternative lending proposal, not corrective action, so not a score issue...

I've got a BMW PCP and the DIP output is £26k less than the affordability calculator indicates. Checked credit files and everything entered correctly, so only issue I can see is PCP not being treated as the £495 per month alone.

I really would like to know the answer to this. I'm not a broker but a FTB and my broker came back saying that Natwest were offering me £13K less than I need and apparently they cited my car lease as a factor, even though the full amount was included in all broker's calculations.
  • kingstreet
    Options
    In that particular instance, the Halifax system was changing the "can this income be evidenced" button from yes to no, whenever I saved and exited.

If he has copies of your credit files and there is nothing settled that remains showing as outstanding, your broker needs to speak to their NatWest BDM.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback