Hogging right lane

Options

Comments

• wanderlust23
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    Weren't you the one on the high horse about the driver behind you? So it's fine for you to criticise others but not fine for anyone to criticise you. Wow that will work on the internet! The most dangerous driver is the one who thinks he never makes a mistake, and thinks he will never make one.
    Wasn't I the one being tailgating and flashed at? You have assumed I entered the right lane too early and indicated too late. Why don't you assume I didn't and tell me where my mistake was? Oh that's right...you won't because you prefer to assume I was in the wrong so you can sit on your high horse.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 October 2016 at 4:36PM
    Options
    Wasn't I the one being tailgating and flashed at? You have assumed I entered the right lane too early and indicated too late. Why don't you assume I didn't and tell me where my mistake was? Oh that's right...you won't because you prefer to assume I was in the wrong so you can sit on your high horse.

It's the arrogant attitude that you couldn't possibly in error that makes me suspicious (and not only me). You find me a driver that never makes a mistake and I will find you a hen's tooth that is 24 carat gold. You can't even stand the scrutiny of telling us roughly how far from the junction you turned into the lane. And the car just appeared there and you didn't see it approach? Are your mirrors attached to the car? Did you use them? Blind spot check? Or did you just assume that because you were driving at the speed limit that no one would be going fast enough to be approaching, and if they were, they shouldn't be, so tough luck on them.

Remember that as you were the one changing direction, it's your responsibility to look for the things you don't expect to see, not what you do. It's called observation and anticipation. That car didn't teleport there. I find it improbable that it would have been going sufficiently quickly to appear out of nowhere and if he had, why didn't you hear him before you saw him?
  • wanderlust23
    Options
    It's the arrogant attitude that you couldn't possibly in error that makes me suspicious (and not only me). You find me a driver that never makes a mistake and I will find you a hen's tooth that is 24 carat gold. You can't even stand the scrutiny of telling us roughly how far from the junction you turned into the lane. And the car just appeared there and you didn't see it approach? Are your mirrors attached to the car? Did you use them? Blind spot check? Or did you just assume that because you were driving at the speed limit that no one would be going fast enough to be approaching, and if they were, they shouldn't be, so tough luck on them.

Remember that as you were the one changing direction, it's your responsibility to look for the things you don't expect to see, not what you do. It's called observation and anticipation. That car didn't teleport there. I find it improbable that it would have been going sufficiently quickly to appear out of nowhere and if he had, why didn't you hear him before you saw him?

high-horse.jpg?w=291&h=300
  • wanderlust23
    Options
    We can go round in circles about this for another 10 pages. The unfortunate fact is that there are many impatient drivers out there, perhaps yourself included.
  • Head_The_Ball
    Options
    You really are a condescending bunch aren't you? Perhaps you should all jump off your high horses and take a look at your own attitude to the road and other drivers.
    Most posters on here think that your driving could do with some improvement. None of them know you so they have based that solely on what you have posted on here about your own actions.

Your own friends, who presumably do know you well and may have been with you in a car that you were driving, think that you were 'hogging' the overtaking lane.

Does all that not suggest that perhaps, just perhaps, the only person on a 'high horse' is the one you see in the mirror? (I don't mean your rear view mirror as you probably don't use that. :D)

I have over 40 years and over half a million miles driving experience. Despite that I make mistakes occasionally and I always try to learn from those mistakes. I do not and never will consider myself to be a perfect driver.

You have a couple of weeks experience and you think you know it all.

Please tell us all where you live and what car you drive so we can take extra care in that area.
  • wanderlust23
    Options
    Most posters on here think that your driving could do with some improvement. None of them know you so they have based that solely on what you have posted on here about your own actions.

Your own friends, who presumably do know you well and may have been with you in a car that you were driving, think that you were 'hogging' the overtaking lane.

Does all that not suggest that perhaps, just perhaps, the only person on a 'high horse' is the one you see in the mirror? (I don't mean your rear view mirror as you probably don't use that. :D)

I have over 40 years and over half a million miles driving experience. Despite that I make mistakes occasionally and I always try to learn from those mistakes. I do not and never will consider myself to be a perfect driver.

You have a couple of weeks experience and you think you know it all.

Please tell us all where you live and what car you drive so we can take extra care in that area.
    Explains a lot.
  • Head_The_Ball
    Options
    One day you will learn, probably the hard way.

Hopefully you won't injure or kill anyone else through your own stupidity and unwillingness to learn from your own mistakes.
  • wanderlust23
    Options
    One day you will learn, probably the hard way.

Hopefully you won't injure or kill anyone else through your own stupidity and unwillingness to learn from your own mistakes.
    If that did happen it would probably be because of drivers like yourself that fail to see any wrong in tailgating or flashing headlights.
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Or did you just assume that because you were driving at the speed limit that no one would be going fast enough to be approaching, and if they were, they shouldn't be, so tough luck on them.

This sums up the entire thing - sadly.

aka - policing the road.
  • Fat_Walt
    Fat_Walt Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    We can go round in circles about this for another 10 pages. The unfortunate fact is that there are many impatient drivers out there, perhaps yourself included.

And you'll still not accept any wrong doing on your part.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure