Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Former MSE Alana
    Report Bank Charges successes and failures
    • 8th Dec 09, 10:33 PM
    Report Bank Charges successes and failures 8th Dec 09 at 10:33 PM

Please report your Bank Charges Reclaiming Successes/failures
    since the Supreme Court decision in Nov 2009 here

REMEMEBER BY DOING THIS YOU ENCOURAGE OTHERS WHO MAY BE TOO SCARED TO RECLAIM

How to report your success/failure:

1. Click reply to enter you story.

2. Report your story in the following format:
    • Bank name:
    • Amount Reclaimed:
    • Amount they paid:
    • The story: (Just a few sentences, please include how far you went did you a. just write a letter, b. threaten to go to court or c. actually go to court)
    ***** Want to tell your story in a newspaper/on TV? *****

Hi all. If you've had a refund we need your help

Bank Charges is often in the news and we are frequently asked if we have any MoneySavers that are willing to tell their stories to the press.

If you'd like to help spread the news and encourage others, please e-mail casestudy@moneysavingexpert.com (sorry but we can't answer questions at this email address) with as much of the following info as you can:

* how much was your claim for
    * how much did you get back
    * who is your bank
    * a daytime phone number - we often need to reach people at very short notice
    * whether you are happy to appear in the papers,tv or both
    * where you live

NOTE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
    ABOUT RECLAIMING BANK CHARGES
    PLEASE FIRST READ THE GUIDE:
    Bank Charges Reclaiming
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 10-06-2010 at 4:35 PM.
Page 75
    • Placida
    • By Placida 31st Mar 17, 11:34 AM
    • 174 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    Placida
    I sent the bank charges reclaim letter with interest on Saturday to Santander for my current account. It was for over 2k of charges I did the paragraph explaining the hardship - very painful (lots of death and biz going downhill). Today someone from the bank kept trying to call me then left a message to call back. I am terrified/feel sick.Now what. Should I speak? Will the lady be angry and reject it if I don't. Feeling really sick.This refund would mean the world.
    Originally posted by facingthefuture
    Hi, you may find this link useful.

http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/help-support/money-worries
    • Mersey
    • By Mersey 3rd Apr 17, 1:32 PM
    • 1,476 Posts
    • 703 Thanks
    Mersey
    It's probably just a courtesy call to check your details or perhaps a Q they have before they can reply. Nothing to worry about.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
    • MARKSKI
    • By MARKSKI 11th May 17, 2:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MARKSKI
    Lloyds Full Refund ! Over 3k!

I read an article about account fees and then used the Resolver application on this website. I've been paying account fees for more than 20 years having been told originally that I was more likely to get loans, credit and better interest etc and over the years the accounts just kept on being upgraded, to a point that I was paying 25 a month for insurance, car breakdown and all sorts of stuff I don't use or need.

It took 30 minutes to fill in my form, 1 phone call to discuss with Lloyds and 3 days after filling in the form I have 3864.54 credited back into my account (fees refunded with interest).

Amazing, thank you so much!

I encourage anyone with a history of paying fees out of habit to do this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,929Posts Today

5,229Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin