Options

Comments

• deanne2012
    deanne2012 Posts: 156 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    3010 wrote: »
    Not allowed. Welcome though. :)

ohhh i didnt relise it wasnt allowed i just recived a pm saying it had been took off , do you know why its not allowed did i put it in the wrong place , thanks x
    Best win so far - Iphone 5 :j
    NOV 2012 WINS :o
    dunlop football :) pumpazing game :) signed book :) massive palmers goodie bag :) a box of warburtons baked pitta chips :) a bottle of bacardi :) bacardi glassx2 :) match fishing luggage set :) carnation footcare set :)
  • myrtleturtle
    myrtleturtle Posts: 8,206 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hi deanne
    it was wrong place because you posted about mis using a coupon.

coupons should be redeemed on correct product to coupon

mis redeeming may gain something in short term but in the long run its one of the reason why coupons are harder to use, coupon policies get tightened & less are issued.

then we all miss out

deanne2012 wrote: »
    ohhh i didnt relise it wasnt allowed i just recived a pm saying it had been took off , do you know why its not allowed did i put it in the wrong place , thanks x
  • deanne2012
    deanne2012 Posts: 156 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    3010 wrote: »
    The way you used the coupon is not allowed. You can only us the coupon for the item on it or that is classed as coupon fraud. We will let you off on this occasion as you are new to couponing. :)

Just as a side note any coupon that is not supermarket specific will scan at the price it says on it. Even without buying the product.

I hope this helps

Happy couponing :)

thankyou both . omg coupon fraud :( i didnt relise there were strict rules i will have to google it , i knew its only 1 coupon per item etc , but never heard of coupon fraud , thankyou both i was going to go back tomorrow for somemore , think i will give it a miss now :o
    Best win so far - Iphone 5 :j
    NOV 2012 WINS :o
    dunlop football :) pumpazing game :) signed book :) massive palmers goodie bag :) a box of warburtons baked pitta chips :) a bottle of bacardi :) bacardi glassx2 :) match fishing luggage set :) carnation footcare set :)
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wildelady wrote: »

Just wish shops would take note of the US, I dream of the time I will be able to do £2000 of shopping and just pay a few pence lol

Don't waste your time, from what I have read the programme is a complete con. Most of the coupons used are fraudulent, i.e. copies of coupons that can onlybe used one per person/household.

I remember seeing a web site that picked apart each programme and showed how it was a con. In particular one about a man who got a large number of packs of washing powder for free with coupons. It showed that the coupons were only given out by one store, when you bought a washing machine. So the man either bought a large number of washing machines or was using fake coupons.

I also saw someone post (on here I think) that in the USA they don't have offers, such as BOGOF and half price that are available to anyone, you have to have a coupon to get one free.

So if we go like the USA you, and the rest of us, will find ourselves in a supermarket looking at an item that is half price, with a coupon, and thinking "I can't get that for half price, because I don't have the coupon. I wish it was like the old days, when these offers were open to everyone, not just those who buy The Times" (Or whichever newspaper/magazine the coupon is published in).

Personally, I don't want to live in a country where you only get access to all the offers if you buy all the publications that publish the coupons.
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    Geordie Joe is absolutely right. In the latest series participants have even claimed the show was scripted and the production team gave them some of the coupons. Also a blogger who was in one of the earlier series of the show has looked into where they get all these masses of free item coupons from, many of which are fake. If genuine or not, she has figured out they are buying them en masse from ebay; and paying over the odds so they are not 'free' at all-one example was a pizza coupon the person was buying on ebay for about $5 each, even at full price the pizzas never costed that much. In order to buy the amount of coupons they used on the show they would have paid somewhere in the region of $3000! No such thing as a free [STRIKE]lunch[/STRIKE] pizza! Also the pizza company say they have not issued these masses of coupons to anyone so something is afoot.

He or she is correct about there not being really any BOGOF and similar offers in store in the US either so if you don't have a coupon for that you miss out; and they are changing the universal till software and barcode systems over there so you will no longer be able to combine a BOGOF (or as they call it BOGO) coupon with another type of MOC for the same product. Another difference they have there is virtually no PDF coupons and something else I found out a few days ago is that it isn't allowed there to use PDF coupons out of newspapers or newsletterseven if the newspaper company put the newspaper online, i.e. the equivalent of the Metro newspaper or Tesco price news. Over there the company will not reimburse the store for such coupons and you could get in serious trouble for coupon fraud. xx
  • dasophster
    dasophster Posts: 911 Forumite
    Options
    Deanne it says clearly on the coupon to only be used on the item or item range specified. If the company finds it has been used on another product then they will not redeem the supermarket for it, meaning the supermarket will hesitate to accept coupons in the future. Coupon fraud can be serious and some people have been prosecuted so please be careful. A few years ago it was acceptable to use coupons for items not bought, or supermarket specific coupons in a different supermarket but some people absolutely took the mick with it and so the supermarkets banned it outright a year or so ago. xx
  • DA63147
    DA63147 Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    Don't know if it's been posted:

L'Oreal Insider coupons can be printed each month, so I got the wipes free last month, yesterday I printed another two wipes coupons and two L'Oreal Elvive Coupons.

Superdrug:

L'Oreal Elvive 400ml Shampoo / Conditioner range £3.79 down to £1.85. After coupon 35p each. Can print two coupons.

T's:

Wipes £2.97 BOGOF print two £2.50 off coupons get two packs of wipes free plus £2.03 off your shopping:eek:

Hope this helps:D
    Starting comping middle of October 2011: Wins so far: 2 x concert tickets, a year's supply of Tetley Tea / Tetley mug, F+F 5 shirt with satchel bag:j
  • BLUEWKD
    BLUEWKD Posts: 6,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    m4rtin wrote: »
    They are usually from shows such as the Good Food show etc, some of our members come away from the shows with 100's of booklets, you will usually find the on eBay shortly after such shows (Not our FM's obviously though ;)):beer:

100's of booklets:eek::eek:Now who would do that:D:D Unfortunately I booked Alton Towers for the same dates at the GFS but will def be going to the winter one and getting a couple of books;)
    Be thankful for what you have because it could all be taken away tomorrow.;)

• Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Personally, I don't want to live in a country where you only get access to all the offers if you buy all the publications that publish the coupons.

hear,hear.

One thing we should remember, it is a tv program and as with all reality tv tv programmes, they are edited, to get the most out of the people watching them.

I think most of us would not tune in if it was recorded and left the exact way it appeared. They would probably find the viewings dwindled and they lost money.

So like anything they make it viewable by editing, filming some scenes for entertainment..... how many times have I seen that at the end of a programme.....
  • LaaCaz
    LaaCaz Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Options
    20% off in New Look voucher to print and take in store or voucher coder to be used on line.

On New Look's Facebook page in the apps tab :)
    :D Coupons = the only money we can legally print for ourselves:D

:j A coupon for a free item that is price glitched in Mr T's to be cheaper than Sada for an apg = HEAVEN :j

:money: total = £47.48 cc = 413 selling stuff = £23.00 Floor pennies = £5.79
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure