• daz501
    daz501 Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqVSGkEyrw

a useful video about the keyword tool
  • MSE_Sarah
    MSE_Sarah Posts: 327 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback so far. Please keep adding to this thread if you have any comments on affiliating your website for cash.

MSE Sarah
    Follow MSE on other Social Media: MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram, Threads, Join the MSE ForumGet the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mailReport inappropriate posts: click the report buttonFlag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Redalligator
    Options
    I have recently set up my first website. I promote matched betting on this website and also have a blog that i update with my profit reports and other such things. I have set up a Facebook and Twitter account to help me promote my site.

I am an affiliate of a matched betting company so my goal is to get referrals which would generate me some extra income. However matched betting is not the easiest thing to promote as most people are naturally skeptical of it. Just for the record it is in no way, shape or form a scam. It is completely legitimate.

I have been engaging with people constantly over the past couple of month and i have had my fair share of abuse and also positive feedback too but have so far failed to get any referrals.

So my question is how can i convince people to sign up? Has anyone got any bright ideas?

Cheers
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Got to admit I was one of the sceptical ones years back when it first started on this site, but dedicated people have had good results and I only wish I could get my head around it and have the time to try it myself.

Which leads me on to how you may attract people ;) perhaps through blog posts and talking of your experiences, what you've won and maybe tips - I understand if people don't want to give all their secrets away, but a bit of an understanding and the results may help turn the sceptics??
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Redalligator
    Options
    savvy wrote: »
    Got to admit I was one of the sceptical ones years back when it first started on this site, but dedicated people have had good results and I only wish I could get my head around it and have the time to try it myself.

Which leads me on to how you may attract people ;) perhaps through blog posts and talking of your experiences, what you've won and maybe tips - I understand if people don't want to give all their secrets away, but a bit of an understanding and the results may help turn the sceptics??

In my profit reports i have gone on to talk about what i have been doing with the money i have earned through matched betting. I usually would tweet and reply to other tweets to get engaging with people. I ask them if they want to take a look at my website as i have a guide on how to do it etc.

I also offer to talk through each step with them because i do not want anyone to make a mistake and lose money. But perhaps i could tweet more about profits and what i have done with profits instead of just giving out the monthly report. e.g i could give out little snippets on twitter and facebook
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you considered guest posting?

There is a good guide about it here.

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/guide-to-guest-blogging/
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    luke623 wrote: »
    I have recently set up my first website. I promote matched betting on this website and also have a blog that i update with my profit reports and other such things. I have set up a Facebook and Twitter account to help me promote my site.

I am an affiliate of a matched betting company so my goal is to get referrals which would generate me some extra income. However matched betting is not the easiest thing to promote as most people are naturally skeptical of it. Just for the record it is in no way, shape or form a scam. It is completely legitimate.

I have been engaging with people constantly over the past couple of month and i have had my fair share of abuse and also positive feedback too but have so far failed to get any referrals.

So my question is how can i convince people to sign up? Has anyone got any bright ideas?

Cheers

I too do matched betting (indeed there is a whole part of this forum dedicated to it).

I think you have an issue in that there is quite a lot of competition out there for matched betting, and to be brutally honest I would imagine most people would assume you were a sales person for them! Generally if it sounds too good to be true, they assume it probably isnt true. You and I know better....

I think you are running a bit of risk putting all your eggs in 1 basket - maybe consider writing about sport (again lots of competition) but linking to sites like amazon or what not?
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Redalligator
    Options
    mikep22 wrote: »
    I too do matched betting (indeed there is a whole part of this forum dedicated to it).

I think you have an issue in that there is quite a lot of competition out there for matched betting, and to be brutally honest I would imagine most people would assume you were a sales person for them! Generally if it sounds too good to be true, they assume it probably isnt true. You and I know better....

I think you are running a bit of risk putting all your eggs in 1 basket - maybe consider writing about sport (again lots of competition) but linking to sites like amazon or what not?

Yeah there is a lot of competition out there but i find the majority of it just plaster links on social media. I like to think of myself as different as i actually have conversations with people and do not just throw a link in their face to never speak to them again.

Yeah i have wrote a post about other ways of making money too and linked a few things, such as top cash back sites etc.

I was never expecting 100s of people to sign up but i would of liked half a dozen just to feel like i have made some progress and a difference to some people.

Thanks for your input, i appreciate it all.

Luke
  • tommyukuk
    tommyukuk Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    luke623 wrote: »
    Yeah there is a lot of competition out there but i find the majority of it just plaster links on social media. I like to think of myself as different as i actually have conversations with people and do not just throw a link in their face to never speak to them again.

Yeah i have wrote a post about other ways of making money too and linked a few things, such as top cash back sites etc.

I was never expecting 100s of people to sign up but i would of liked half a dozen just to feel like i have made some progress and a difference to some people.

Thanks for your input, i appreciate it all.

Luke

If you're wanting to make some money from it, id concentrate on the social media side of things.. i know you said you are / want to be different and not like everyone else on there that does it, but i think thats where you will prob see most of your money come from. I have tried to follow people in the past on FB and i just got lost and didnt understand half of it (like the poster above said). Maybe try put your site on the back burner and push your FB page and as you've said be different and engage with people more on there? explain things better than others do, post more of your results on there so people can see you are actually betting on these things too so there not alone doing it? then just use your website to link to all your FB posts maybe? i dont know? hope it may be some help to you! :) good luck!
  • Startup1985
    Options
    In what niche are you looking to affiliate?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure