Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Options

Comments

• lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    London for work today, absolutely glorious. Didn't manage a NSD as spent £1.98 on drinks......

Got home and DH had been to Mr A for some "bits"....: haven't dared to ask how much was sent, will see when it arrives on the online statement.

After much consideration, I've decided that we will definitely book to go away to a haven park for 4 nights, either next week or the week after. It hasn't been budgeted for..... But I think we'll all love it.

I have £200 in hol saves account and have put money aside for painting and a new carpet for the stairs so will use that for the holiday.... We will just need to wait a little bit longer for the lick of paint and carpet.

We will also have a day trip in to London as I'm currently waiting for the tesco vouchers to arrive.

So, I just need to think of ways that I can try and minimise the costs of our little holiday whilst still having a great time. Any tips are welcome x
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Going to book our little break away this morning, yippee!!
  • megela
    megela Posts: 755 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Lulabelle

Just a thought - do you have a family & friends railcard - it gives discounts from Haven Holidays.

The card normally costs £28, but you can get 10% off if you use code of family10 if you order online, making it £25.20. Just did mine & it arrives in 2-3 days.

Might be worth checking savings you could make on haven holiday against the cost of the card if you haven't got one.

Hope that helps.

Megela
    Re-mortgaged 20/04/12 MTiT-T3 No.7
    Start balance £89611.10 + £22500 = £112111.10/Current balance £85436.53
    Original Mortgage Free Date April 2032
    Target Mortgage Free Date July 2022/Currently August 2029 (based on no offset)
    Total overpayments from 20/04/12: £8152.95
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Thanks Megela - gutted, I booked it first thing this morning and only just looked on here now....... Thanks for letting me know though - I will bear it in mind for next time.

My railcard just expired so I may need to get a new one for the London trip, so I will use the code that you sent to me, thank you!!
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    I've discovered that my network railcard, which is paid for through work, will give me the same discounts on the families tickets in to London - so I shall use that rather than buying the other one. It means travelling in from a different station, but it's still well worth it for the savings....
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Typical, as soon as I make the holiday booking the forecast changes and its going to rain every day next week, grrrrrrr
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Have a good time whatever the weather - it will be good just to be away from home and a change of routine. Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Thanks Tilly - we're certainly going to make the most of it, whatever the weather.....

Taking the children in to London tomorrow....
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Back from a very hot and busy London and very happy to have my feet up.

We went on the London eye and then took a river cruise down to Tower bridge... All thanks to Mr T vouchers.....

A little bit of mooching but avoided shops..well apart from a couple at the train station whilst we waited for our train home. The boys spent the money that their grandma had given to them.... When she handed over the money she insisted that it had to spent in London on whatever they wanted and that I wasn't allowed to put it in their money boxes or savings account, so I had to oblige otherwise she would have been telling me off.

We did of course spend money in London as its fairly impossible not to, but all in all we did fairly well...

Planning for a quiet weekend in preparation for our little holiday to Dorset on Monday.... Please please let the weather forecast change back to sunshine for next week.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Hmmm, change of plan with our Dorset holiday..... since it's due to rain every day next week, we have changed it to go the following week.... An extra £90 but since we spent a week in Cornwall with pretty much constant rain, we didn't want to do the same again for this little holiday.... at the moment there is a glimmer of hope for sunshine the following week, so I'm now walking around with my fingers and toes all crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure