Options

Comments

• lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DS1 back to school - Yay
    DS2 - back to nursery - Yay

I can finally return to normality with work again and actually get some work done and something achieved rather than just stressing about it.

Having a break from eBay as it's slightly annoying me. However, super happy with everything that we managed to shift and that it allowed some additional OP's to the mortgage. I might look in to it again October/November - in the mean time I'll start to put any unwanted items to one side.

We're being fairly MSE at the moment, nothing too drastic or amazing to report.

Off to the States on Saturday for work - I just know that I'm going to end up spending money here but will limit the damage as best I can.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, it was wonderful to spend time with the children, but 6 and a half weeks is a long time...
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Back from business trip to the States and still assessing the financial damage....
  • lulabelle1
    edited 17 September 2012 at 4:12PM
    Options
    Financial damage assessed......

Swiftly moving on, enjoyed a lovely weekend with the family. Lots of family time and no money spent.

Sold a few bits and pieces and made some OP's. Will tot them all up and add to the spreadsheet after payday, which is in a few days...

We seem to be under budget with food and general spends this month which I believe is the first time in history. This will help towards the financial damage that a trip to the States causes!! Although, I did manage to get a few Christmas gifts ticked off the list, so it's not all bad.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    I've been reading through some diaries and am super impressed with the number of NSD's people seem to manage. I'm not aware that we have ever managed a NSD since our MF journey started. Perhaps on Christmas day when everything was closed?

So, I need to think of some creative ways to get my DH a little bit more on board with this, any suggestions gratefully received...

On a positive note, my lovely friend cut both of the boys hair for me on Sunday which is great... She also brought round some clothes for DS1 that her boy has outgrown. I saw her again yesterday and she had an arm full of clothes from one of her friends for DS1 - some of the items still had their tags on - excellent!

Today could have possibly been a NSD but I sold one of my Juicy Couture Charms (used to hang on one of my ridiculously expensive handbags which i sold 2 weeks ago) to a friend but I need to post it. Does it count as spending if the postage is paid for out of the money you receive for an item?

Yes, another handbag sold. However, I used most of the funds to buy another handbag...... BUT, the remaining cash has been sent as an OP to the mortgage.

A day at home working today, so apart from a trip to the post office I shant be leaving the house. We have enough food in, so in theory, DH shouldn't need to go to Mr S as any point today, let's watch this space. Maybe I should make a rewards chart and we can track our NSD's??!!!!
  • lulabelle1 wrote: »
    I've been reading through some diaries and am super impressed with the number of NSD's people seem to manage. I'm not aware that we have ever managed a NSD since our MF journey started. Perhaps on Christmas day when everything was closed?

So, I need to think of some creative ways to get my DH a little bit more on board with this, any suggestions gratefully received...

Hide his wallet?:rotfl:

I don't tend to have NSDs either. Between mystery shopping and house renovations there's always something needed so it's more of an even spread of spending rather than lots of NSDs followed by a splurge!
    MFW: Nov 2008 £156k, Jun 2015 £129k, Jun 2017 £114k.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Ah well, at least I'm not the only person who doesn't seem to manage any NSD's.

There's always something... take today for example - I had to drive a 170 mile round trip for a meeting, so I needed to buy fuel. I've got a stinking cold and needed to buy lemsips - always something!

Oh, and DH has taken DS1 to the cinema tonight - Orange Wednesday, so at least it's half price.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Hurrah - just realised that it is payday tomorrow, I always look forward to moving some money around...

And, I sold an item on eBay last night, hopefully the buyer will make the payment soon and I can send it as an OP before the end of the month.
  • lulabelle1
    edited 20 September 2012 at 9:19AM
    Options
    £25 OP made this morning for the JC Charm that I sold the other day...

I still have another few little items that I'd like to sell and then I guess I need to do another clear out for eBay. After all of the selling that I did in August (around 75+ items), I needed to have a little break BUT I'm conscious that there is a massive bin bag full of stuff that needs to either be sold or sent to charity. I might make a start on it at the weekend....

DH has been paid, so a little bit of moving around this morning. Mine doesn't usually arrive until later in the afternoon, so I'll look forward to taking care of the rest of the moving around later this afternoon.

I've got a stinking cold now and slept terribly last night. Working from home and DH kindly took the boys to school and nursery, still in my jammies and debating going back to bed for an hour and then I can tackle what the day has in store for me...
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Well, I stayed in my jammies all day, didn't manage much work and didn't have a snooze either, pretty rubbish day really.

One small positive, I sold some of the free Clinique bonus time stuff that I got when I stocked up on my trip to the States, so that's another £20 to be OP'd once it arrives from PayPal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure