Say no to Sky's 0844 numbers campaign

Options

Comments

• noelster
    Options
    Sky currently favours 0844 numbers; its the GP surgeries I object to as its often the people at the margins of society that need free access to medical services. Perhaps they should move towards 03 numbers - Intelesis
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Options
    Further to my earlier post I emailed to Jeremy Darroch about 0844 numbers and received a reply from one of his minions This is the text :-
    Thank you for your recent email to Jeremy Darroch regarding the use of 0844 numbers when contacting our Sky contact centres. National rate numbers mean that customers pay the same rate - no matter where they are phoning from within the UK. Sky invests £250 million a year on customer service and, unlike many other providers, we’re open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. You can call us for as little as 5p a minute from a BT landline (9.2p connection charge) at any time. One option that you may like to consider, if you haven’t already done so, would be signing up for our award winning Sky Talk service. As part of our Sky Talk packages, customers can call us for free in line with the tariff they have selected. Finally, if you would prefer not to call but require advice or assistance, our Sky.com website hosts a massive range information available to our customers and includes the option to email our customer care team. Yours sincerely Michael Customer Relations
    I emailed back saying this was utter nonsense and that nearly everyone in the UK had access to 1/2p per minute calls. Also if this was their aim, why not use 03 numbers. I also mentioned that emails received a stock reply if answered at all and the website did not help if you were having problems. This was the response to that one:-
    Thank you for your response regarding the use of 0844 numbers.
    I’m sorry that you are disappointed with the below response, However I regret to inform you that this is sky's decision on this matter. I can confirm that the use of the 0844 numbers are the same price to all customers however may be different connection fee's dependant on the telephone provider. Alternatively you also have others means of contact to sky such as email and written correspondence. Whilst I realise that you may be disappointed with the decision made, I hope that you can appreciate our position on this matter. Kind Regards Steven-Customer Assurance.
    In other words, they (Customer Relations) do not make the rules, so it is a question of take it or leave it I'm afraid!
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • manu6666
    Options
    I received the same stock email in response to my complaint.

Infuriating.

This is all so short sighted of Sky. Personally, if I had another option like cable - I'd switch provider because their lack of good will on this matter. This just causing widespread animosity. I pointed out I spend £70 a month on Sky products and objected to paying a premium to just call them (in this case to ADD a new service!). They rather ill-advisedly said I should switch calls to Sky.

I'm not sure what else we can do about this and wonder if Martin needs to be a little more vocally vigorous on this one.
  • Citizen_Jones_2
    Options
    I wouldn't give them a penny. No free phone number?! Come on! Do they actually know we're in a recession? They don't even respond to emails to the correct department. Pathetic
  • mcvicker7556
    Options
    This should freephone number worked
    0800 0466432 works today 16/2/10
  • underlay_guru
    underlay_guru Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 February 2010 at 9:12PM
    Options
    As he is the MD of Sky, I dont believe it is wrong to publish Jeremy Darrochs work email address.

I have had problem upon problem upon problem with Sky TV.

-Skys online help centre is mind-bogglingly useless and confusing,

-Sky show no direct email addresses or service managers' names to correspond with: hardly a personal touch, is it?

-Skys email replies are slow to arrive and always from a 'noreply' email address, preventing you from submitting further correspondence with the same Sky employee (and even then, the correspondence is simply a scripted reply to shut you up),

-Skys call centre agents are only interested in upselling than solving problems and the help option within the TV guide constantly has a fault. The last time I rang them regarding a fault, they spent 20 minutes convincing me to buy ESPN and movies before they even spared a thought for my problem

So with all this in mind, don't you think that people are understandably going to get so fed up that they have no choice but to email Darroch?!
    Profit=sanity
    Turnover=vanity
    Greed=inhumanity:dance:
  • irish_eyes_r_smiling
    Options
    This should freephone number worked
    0800 0466432 works today 16/2/10

worked for me too 10 minutes ago this number, thanks mcvicker:T
    If your lucky enough to be irish, your lucky enough ;)
  • hullight
    hullight Posts: 524 Forumite
    Options
    How dare they become filthy capitalists all of a sudden...:think:
  • OK_Sauce
    OK_Sauce Posts: 988 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    worked for me too 10 minutes ago this number, thanks mcvicker:T

....And me today....
    "...IT'S FRUITY!"
  • Nosskibird_2