PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Loolah
    Loolah Posts: 185 Forumite
    Options
    Had a quick look round the new shop where Lakeland was. Didn't have time to buy as was supposed to be working. Looks really nice, upstairs book shop reminded me of waterstones and cafe prices reasonable.

Now all I need to do is find a spare hour or two :j:j
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Hobsons_Choice Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Loolah wrote: »
    Had a quick look round the new shop where Lakeland was. Didn't have time to buy as was supposed to be working. Looks really nice, upstairs book shop reminded me of waterstones and cafe prices reasonable.

Now all I need to do is find a spare hour or two :j:j

I also had a look round the same charity shop today - didn't go upstairs though and, sadly, didn't find anything to buy.
    It's a St. Richard's Hospice shop, they've closed the Snowdrops book shop in Reindeer Court but kept their other (smaller) shop in Mealcheapen Street.
    Must say I found the prices a tad expensive, especially compared to the Scope shop a couple of doors away.
    Normal people worry me.
  • madelaine
    madelaine Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    Yesterday from the Sally Army shop i got a Maxi dress for £2.40 the label says Stella, not one i have heard of before but a nice dress.
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Today out with my lovely daughter and she was delighted to find
    Topshop checked shirt that she said was £50 new !! £1
    Topshop top £1
    Miss Selfridge formal dress stunning on her £3 !!!!!

She was shocked but absolutely delighted.
  • timehastoldme
    Options
    Think we might be inspired to hit up Worcester tomorrow! Bought a g plan coffee table for £5 today on the way back from visiting family down south :)
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thin H&M jumper £1
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • building_with_lego
    Options
    Ted Baker top for £3 :eek: :D:D

I saw some Jaeger jeans for £3.50, pointed out that they were swanky and should be more but they already knew and didn't change the price.

I also saw some vintage sunglasses for far too little; looked them up and saw they were valuable. Sold them on the shop's behalf for over £100 on a well-known auction site. :A
    They call me Dr Worm... I'm interested in things; I'm not a real doctor but I am a real worm. :grin:
  • timehastoldme
    Options
    Went to Bromsgrove instead and got my nephew three brand new pairs of next school trousers for £1 each!
  • funnyfreckle
    Options
    I've been scouring my local charity shops for weeks and have found nothing. However, on Friday, I found a lovely Boden dress which looks as good as new. It will be perfect for a couple of family occasions we have this month and was only £6. Well worth the wait :).

We're off to Shropshire on holiday - can't wait. Does anybody know any good charity shops in the Bridgnorth, Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury area?! I don't think the charity shop bug ever goes on holiday! My family won't be very impressed when I try and sneak off in to a charity shop but I know I won't be able to walk past!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I've been scouring my local charity shops for weeks and have found nothing. However, on Friday, I found a lovely Boden dress which looks as good as new. It will be perfect for a couple of family occasions we have this month and was only £6. Well worth the wait :).

We're off to Shropshire on holiday - can't wait. Does anybody know any good charity shops in the Bridgnorth, Much Wenlock, Shrewsbury area?! I don't think the charity shop bug ever goes on holiday! My family won't be very impressed when I try and sneak off in to a charity shop but I know I won't be able to walk past!
    Whenever I'm going to a new area, I search for 'charity shops' on yell.com.

You can also find out where they are in relation to each other by checking the map on yell.com.

I haven't had a charity shop bargain for months. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport