Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Arrghhh just when j think I have a fighting chance things get in the way! Roo's watering can has broken, he is distraught, he didn't break it it's just old. But he loves watering the garden!!! Arrghhhh I would really like him to have another but have no budget!!!!! Right thinking cap on.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Is it past being fixed? Even if just long enough to keep him happy why you're finding budget for it?

if not pintrest homemade watering can :rotfl: No seriously do :p
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Is it past being fixed? Even if just long enough to keep him happy why you're finding budget for it?

if not pintrest homemade watering can :rotfl: No seriously do :p

Hey lovely, thats a good thought, I have some glue somewhere, think the lid may be glued on though! I guess I'm struggling to suddenly not being able to buy the children things, when usually I would. not necessarily expensive things, but things all the same. May is watering the garden with a bucket and spilling it everywhere :(

Just been to see my grandparents, I really should see them more often. We had lunch there, and I had several coffees. so nice cheap day, although they live 20 miles away so fuel was used. made some lemon and poppy seed muffins to take round there, but I have 13 left, and made flap jack biscuits and have a dozen of those left. Have achieved very little today as have been out, feeling rather despondent. :( think I'll have a cup of tea and try and pick myself up again x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    ok thinking of positives. I have got 2 bids and several watchers on eBay. I went to see lovely family members who really appreciated the company. I managed to bake things that I've been meaning to for days.
    I found £10ish in coins and stuff. I have no washing left to do.
    I know I'm just hormonal PMT. doesn't help small ones have been v trying today. Not to mention Roo just asked me why I worked, and did all mummys work, he then asked would I not rather spend time with him and May. Oh my heart could break :(
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Kids know how to pull the strings. I'm sure if he wasn't fed and had no treats he would have something to say ;)

Can he not 'help'? I mean I know it makes things harder but my 3 year old gets a duster and polishes why I'm cleaning, or she helps but the underwear in piles when we do the washing or passes me the hangers if I'm ironing. I let her have a go of the hoover first etc
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Asda had some watering cans in the sale - 88p I think. Not worth a special trip but if you happen to be passing one.

The why do you work mummy question is a hard one, I went with 'I like to use my brain too like you do at school, and to do that I need to go to work.'
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Very true, food is his life! Lol He just hugged me and thanked me for dinner bless him 'sigh'

Children can help as such, but they make more mess than anything, even if they're 'helping'. I'll get there, it's just all new to me. I think I'm going to have an early night when small ones go to bed and hide under the duvet until tomorrow and I feel a bit brighter :o
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Thanks so much redofromstArt. I will see if I can go via Asda in the next few days. And thank you for 'why do you work' answer. That's a good one. I stupidly went with the 'mummy likes work and the people she works with' (I don't much really), that's when he said don't I like them more! Arrghhh 4 and 5 years old are very trying ages aren't they! X
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you're feeling a bit happier? x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    I'm watching orange is the new black, don't think it's the best thing to watch to calm down and chill!!!! Far too aggressive! Going to go to bed in a minute and hopefully watch something a bit more peaceful! Thanks for asking x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure