TMTI VIP Cancellation?

Options

Comments

• TheBearNecessities
    Options
    They won't. You need to call cpw insurance and TMT separately, or if you prefer not to line their pockets on premium rate numbers you can cancel both on-line. cpw main site for the insurance and the TMT website when you get the letter with your details on it.

I'm looking on the carphone warehouse website to cancel this insurance (that i got through e2save) but I can't see where to cancel it?

this is the page i'm looking at http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/commerce/servlet/gben-server-PageServer?ARTICLE=STATIC.LIFELINE.LIFELINEGO

anyone know how to cancel this online?

also where abouts on the TMTI website can i use my pin to log in and then cancel?
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • Guilefox
    Options
    Agsnu is correct, Thankyou so much btw, I noticed on my account it had £17.94 taken from a direct debit. After buying a phone from Carphone Warehouse. I specifically called them and requested the do not sign me up to any insurance. I remember receiving a letter about the gadget helpline, so I rang up TMTI and said take me off. They confirmed over the phone that they had. However they still set up this scam and took my money. Also noticed they cunningly changed their name in the DD so my statement showed up as TMT1 not TMTI which threw me at first. A call to bank, who at first tried to fob me off to TMTI, worked. I said I had not authorised this DD, and therefore was covered under my guarantee. They eventually refunded me by giving me a 'direct debit indemnity' although amazingly they said. "watch your account as this company might be able to set it up again!?) How is this legal??
  • edsut
    edsut Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Dead easy. Rang 0844 499 4525. Call answered promptly and charming lady cancelled no problem. The website they suggested you visit doesn't seem to exist though TMTIVIP com.
  • Waterfalls
    Waterfalls Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    im glad im not the only one who has had this. i bought a phone through dialaphone at the beginning on march.
    i just happen to notice a direct debit of 17.94 go out of my account the other day (now cancelled through the bank), and just found out who they are today, not had any letters of any sort, but cant contact them as it bank holiday. im very annoyed about it!!!
  • Hulkwarriors
    Options
    Hi, Im aware of this company as i used to work for them. I can assure the setup is legal as it is actually put in place as Part of the T&Cs of the mobile phone purchase.

The cancellations themselves are relatively easy to do as all you need to do is contact them on 08444 994 600 and ask for your account to be cancelled.

If a payment has been taken then you are covered by the direct debit guarantee and can get this back through your Bank or Building society but if you mention this on the phone they will be bale to get it cancelled and refunded ASAP and that will stop the direct debit being re-instated again (this happens as it beleives there was an issue with the payment so it automatically set it back up).

Its not as sinister as everyone thinks and is actually a decent support service. The covert nature of it is mainly done by the Phone Stores (e2save, Dialaphone etc) as they get a part of the profit for the signup.

Hopefully this will help.

Cheers
    Long Time listener, Big Time Fan.

Damn the Man, Save the Empire!
  • Geenius
    Geenius Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I realise this is an old thread now, but I just managed to cancel mine online in seconds.

They now give the web address of gadgethelpline DOT com (I'm not allowed to post the direct link yet)

Click on cancellations at the top and you enter your reference number from your welcome letter, your bank account number (for verification) and an email address. A confirmation email was received within seconds, and that should be that :)

Hope that helps anyone else
  • stevie-c_5
    Options
    Hi all-I just tried to cancel online as geenius describes,but cancellation link no longer available-no link to click on. I then read hulkwarriors contribution, phoned 08444 994 600 & was done in seconds-confirmation letter being sent in post. I have also taken precaution of cancelling direct debit with bank.
  • weldboy
    Options
    ORDERED A MOBILE PHONE FROM DIALAPHONE AND GOT A 30 DAY FREE TRIAL WITH TMTI ,I TRIED TO CANCEL ONLINE BUT I NEED THE PIN NUMBER SENT TO ME TO DO THIS HOWEVER THEY DIDNT SEND ME ANY PAPERWORK AT ALL SO I RANG THEM UP AND WAS TOLD IT WILL BE CANCELLED AS OF NOW , 3 WEEKS LATER MONIES TAKEN FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT HENCE I RANG THE BANK AND FILED A INDEMNITY CLAIM AND WILL GET THE MONIES BACK WITHIN 48/72 HOURS, this company give a free trial but make sure you cant cancel in time and bill you regardless
  • jogiggles
    Options
    I bought my moblie from Mobles.com run by the carphone warehouse, and was happy to take the 7.99 phone cover but this TMTI at £17.94 ??? thats a joke they set up a DD and took it out of my bank. I had no paper work or anything for this.:mad: lucky for me my bank refunded the money. they shouldnt be aloud to do that !!! :mad:
  • jogiggles
    Options
    Hi, Im aware of this company as i used to work for them. I can assure the setup is legal as it is actually put in place as Part of the T&Cs of the mobile phone purchase.

The cancellations themselves are relatively easy to do as all you need to do is contact them on 08444 994 600 and ask for your account to be cancelled.

If a payment has been taken then you are covered by the direct debit guarantee and can get this back through your Bank or Building society but if you mention this on the phone they will be bale to get it cancelled and refunded ASAP and that will stop the direct debit being re-instated again (this happens as it beleives there was an issue with the payment so it automatically set it back up).

Its not as sinister as everyone thinks and is actually a decent support service. The covert nature of it is mainly done by the Phone Stores (e2save, Dialaphone etc) as they get a part of the profit for the signup.

Hopefully this will help.

Cheers

hi, it cant be right not to get any paper work or info on the free month, then just take out the DD ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure