misscousinitt's MF Diary

Options

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hope you had a great Christmas MCI, we were a bit more sensible with our stockings this year, although nowhere near your £ shop level of ingenuity.

There is also a lake of shower gel at Edinburgher towers, thankfully most of it is lovely Body Shop stuff (I have no idea how they manage to sustain as many special offers as they do!)

Do I detect a hint of New Year resolutions from your last post? :)
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Hi Ed

We didn't just have the £shop stuff - but it did considerable cut down what we spend on one another.

Don't know about the new years resolutions - not very good at keeping them really; but I can really say that I won't be buying any shower gel for a while! Mainly nice BS stuff here too - so all good with the sensitive skin.

MCI
    Mortgage Free x 1 03.11.2012 - House rented out Feb 2016
    Mortgage No 2: £82, 595.61 (31.08.2019)
    OP's to Date £8500

Renovation Fund:£511.39;
    Nectar Points Balance: approx £30 (31.08.2019)
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Just been through the receipts for the Christmas food shopping and grocery shopping so far for January) and we've done pretty well. Christmas food came in at £185 andI had £89.50 towards it in coupons and savings stamps - I also save about £100-£120 cash every year for paying for Christmas food shopping and so this year we are covered.

Gone a bit over the top with stuff for the freezer, but at least it won't go to waste and we'll be eating yummy stuff all through January!

Also stocked up on offers with the normal grocery shop, so won't be buying much - got £50 left in the budget and I am sure we can manage to more or less stick to that (keep forgetting that we had a week left in December's budget which has already been allocated to be transferred - so if we go slightly over the £50, we really are still in budget! if you get my meaning).

DH has gone to work today, so given me a chance to sort this out and get the chores done.

Been feeling really stressed the last couple of days, but I actually think its because I've had nothing to do - so my body and brain is screaming at me saying - what the H**l is going on!

We went for a lovely walk yesterday over a local common, it was clear and fresh and the exercise did me good.

Going for lunch with my brother today and the weather is pretty awful out there. Popping to Herr A first to pick up some bits (not much, just bread, milk, eggs and cooked meat!)

Just tried to transfer £483 to our house fund, but the bank can't do it - they have introduced faster payments and our online saver is not yet set up to receive them - how annoying! Must have only just happened as I transferred money last week!

So, I will keep a note on here and then when its all sorted I can transfer the money.

Hope everyone is well. Hope to catch up with some diaries later.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    Options
    Had a nice meal with my brother yesterday - but felt a bit full last night and only ate a little of my dinner.

Better today though!

Spent just £5.27 in Herr A yesterday and will be getting back into the meal plan and shopping routine asap - I have still been meal planning over the last few months, but only seemed to be getting one week done at a time.

I will be very glad to see the back of this year, but can't help being a little nervous about what lies ahead. I am usually a realistic person (never been one to have too much optimism), but I do seem to be struggling at the moment. Need to pull myself up by the bootstraps and get myself sorted.

No real plans for this evening (usually have a party), but friends are off doing things and I don't know if anyone will come round.

I am making nice food for this evening that will cater if a few do come - or not as the case may be.

HM Leek and Potato Soup with pancetta sprinkles or brie toasties followed by Venison Casserole and crusty bread. Might put cheese and pate out too. Leftovers can be frozen or fridged - no waste here. Wanted to at least make a nice dinner for me and DH.

Tomorrow I am doing a Roast Lamb dinner with all the trimmings.

If I don't come on here tomorrow - may I wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best for 2014.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely evening MCI, your food sounds delicious. This will be a different sort of Hogmany for us, as I don't think anyone is drinking :D

I can understand your trepidation about the new year, but optimism is something of a life skill and I'm trying to think about all the good things that 2014 might bring.

Try to enjoy the last 12 hours of 2013 :coffee:
  • muddywhitechicken
    Options
    Happy New Year to you too MCI :)
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just lost a really long post - will catch up later!!!!!!

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• misscousinitt
    misscousinitt Posts: 3,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!

Quick summary of what I put yesterday:

- Thanks for the new year messages
    - We ended up with a handful of people round for New year which was nice
    - Feeling more positive - feel like a weight has been lifted
    - Counted pennies and we have £60 towards out New Year meal (which is booked for tonight)
    - Money received off SSE refunds - half to treat ourselves; other half in the £483 figure above
    - Small shop at Herr A last night (£4ish)
    - Paella for tea last night

Today's news:

- 15-20 minute walk - done
    - Paid cheque in had before Christmas
    - £20 in 50ps finally paid in - needs to be added to my deposit that I can't do yet!
    - Really looking forward to our meal out tonight

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

• pennyforthepot
    Options
    Glad you're feeling more positive and enjoy your meal :)

PFTP x
    Goal:to save £16,000 by 30/09/2019 claw back rental costs
    May18 -£2,954.33/£16,000
  • misscousinitt
    Options
    Glad you're feeling more positive and enjoy your meal :)

PFTP x

Thanks PFTP - I don't know what's doing it really. The manic-metre will probably step up a gear next week as must start charity stuff again - but I feel more organised and I think that is key.

MCI
    OP's to Date £8500

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure