PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What options do we have to get to completion?

Options

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    robwend wrote:
    will he or wont he.......its continues.......................

He will if you have his cash! Plain sailing from here, just have to wait for the call. Know how it feels though (tap feet, drum fingers)
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • robwend
    robwend Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    Options
    im going to try and stay in bed as long as possible so im not waitin for that call lol
    You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on
  • Doozergirl
    Options
    robwend wrote:
    im going to try and stay in bed as long as possible so im not waitin for that call lol

Good idea. I'd like to stay in bed just for the sake of staying in bed! :cool:
  • clairehi
    clairehi Posts: 1,352 Forumite
    Options
    robwend wrote:
    ooh darling you remembered!!! i feel loved lmao, tomorow mornin without fail so im told! lol, my buyers money cleared at 4.45pm so to late to finish today , but when EA tryed to phone my buyer tonight to remind him to be alert for that exchange phone call and his mobile was switched off!! so i bricking it...will he or wont he.......its continues.......................

Ive been told we'll be exchanging tomorrow morning as well...race you!

I dont dare get the fizzy in til Ive had the phone call though....
  • Doozergirl
    Options
    clairehi wrote:

A contracts race!

Hope everything goes smoothly for you this time too clairehi; let us know! I see you've made this board home for the meantime... ;) Welcome :)
  • robwend
    robwend Posts: 2,919 Forumite
    Options
    you got a deal claire!! i bet i beat you!! lol
    You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    clairehi wrote:

Us too! To complete Friday :j
  • Doozergirl
    Options
    Keith wrote:
    Us too! To complete Friday :j

Okay, first one to report back, having exchanged, wins a biscuit! Of your choice, I will pay postage. :p
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My 2p

Sounds very similar to when I was buying this place. As Ive moaned about on here no end, ( this was 2 years ago... still very raw!) the vendor ( HA) was SO pants, I couldnt say. we set a date for excahnge - then the vendor realised that the flat wasnt even registered with the land registry...another date was suggested- whoops, we havent got a management company on board re the service charge.. so more time, and so on, a catalogue of ballsups from one day to the next. My soicitor was superb, and she hassled and hassled and got them to agree exchange/completion on the same day. 2 days before this ( and while Im getting all the bankers drafts ready, writing cheques all over the place and packing up the bulk of my last bits) what a surprise theres a boundary issue with the neighbours fence being in the wrong place ( by about 2 inches it seems) and did I want to wait till this has been thrashed out till I moved in? I decided no, enoughs enough, and moved anyway. 18 months on of living here, the boundary issue still not resolved, and Im not willing to pay a solicitor to resolve it as its likely to drag on and on. Ill deal with it when we are ready ish to think about moving.
    And they were So keen to get my 200 quid retainer on the day I saw it ( end April) but didnt get the keys till end october. :)
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • clairehi
    clairehi Posts: 1,352 Forumite
    Options
    Doozergirl wrote:
    Okay, first one to report back, having exchanged, wins a biscuit! Of your choice, I will pay postage. :p

Great! Mine's a jammy dodger. now could that be a new slang term for an EA?

Just waiting for the phone to ring now...have a meeting at 10, but the mobile is not leaving my side today!

tks for the welcome.

C. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family